Defense best effort vs EWU since 2012

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Defense best effort vs EWU since 2012

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:18 am

And they never quit trying either!!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:10 am

technoCat wrote:Yeah I bet if the dline is healthy we turn quite a few of those passing yards into sacks. Gubrud musta wiggled out of 5 or 6 of them. Guys just couldn't quite bring him down.
Gubrud was pretty slippery and shifty and moved around and out of the pocket at just the right time. Their receivers were also shifty and slippery. Their yards after catch and more specifically their yards after first contact is what really kept their drives going.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Well I'll be damned!! Just when I had about given up on this board and all the negative crap it has become a truly GREAT thread comes out of the cesspool of negativity the board has fallen into in recent weeks!! And best of all the trolls from the other school are too busy with their own problems to come over to stir up our pot!! Now let's take a deep breath and KEEP IT GOING AND SUPPORT THE KIDS WHO ARE BUSTING THEIR ASS ON THE FIELD AND SHOW SOME BOBCAT PRIDE ON THIS BOARD!!!!!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 pm

More good news for the defense. It looks like Yates will be back next game. I think the move of Brekke to defense is permanent and I expect to see him get more reps there in the last three games. Reminds me of Kevin Retoriano.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:30 pm

iaafan wrote:More good news for the defense. It looks like Yates will be back next game. I think the move of Brekke to defense is permanent and I expect to see him get more reps there in the last three games. Reminds me of Kevin Retoriano.
good comparison. KR is one of my favorites of all time, classic over achiever. Oh what might have been.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 am

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
jdevries wrote:Defense has not been a problem this season. They're not dominant by any means. But they have a solid plan each week. They stick to it. They find things that work and keep coming back to those things. They take appropriate risks at times. The kids generally execute the plan as coached.

We simply cannot score enough points to win in the Big Sky.

We can't get into a consistent groove. We don't build off of what we are doing well. We make mistakes. It looks like our offense is moving at HALF speed! All these problems for various reasons...

Frustrating coming from the last 5-10 years, when offense looked like a well oiled machine most days....even through coordinator and player changes.

Bobcat For Life
Ok man...

I've been reading your posts for a couple of weeks, and I just gotta ask...exactly what point are you trying to make?

You're harping on the offense. Yes, they aren't good. Thanks for the profound observation. We all see that...you aren't the only one in the stadium. Your point has been acknowledged by numerous posters. Yet you continue making it. What is the end game?

You're obviously dissatisfied with the coaching change. I've seen you say you "support Choate", but it seems more apparent from reading your threads that you feel Cramsey should have gotten the job. He didn't. Bigger news; Choate could get fired tomorrow...and Cramsey wouldn't get the job.

You've pointed out numerous times that Cramsey and Ash would have had this team to 6-7 wins (that's only your opinion, by the way), but you fail to take it any further than that. This leads me to believe you don't feel that Cramsey and Ash would have this team in a title hunt. Isn't that the point?

You've discussed the fact that you--and you aren't alone here--feel the team has plenty of talent. Assuming you're right, then why don't you say that Ash could have won a title with this team?

Generally, you are completely negative. Articulate, grammar friendly, but negative.

What are you so angry about? The losses? Good teams have bad years (how would you like to be a Carolina Panthers fan this year?). In the case of Carolina, it is clear; the whole team is built around one player.

The EXACT same thing is the case with MSU--argue if you like, I know you will--but a decade of BRILLIANT quarterback play camouflaged a lockerroom full of deficiencies. Now we don't have a brilliant QB and we're paying the price. We were left with our pants down when Dakota left.

You and several other posters--who I respect--all have a similar tone...this team was OK last year...now they look like a dumpster fire...and to you that's unacceptable.

Newsflash sir...losing is unacceptable for ALL of us fans. It's even MORE unacceptable to the players and coaches who are living this horror show right now. You aren't breaking new ground being annoyed we're losing.

I am just totally confused by many of the posters here anymore. Is this angry venting in response to what you feel was a poorly handled situation 10 months ago? You may be correct that it was handled poorly, but what's done is done.

Also...if this team gets good next year and great the next, are you going to pat yourself on the back on this board, claim you knew it all along, and act as though you weren't a totally blind detractor for the first 12 months of this coaches tenure here?

This team is rebuilding. Doesn't matter if you THINK they should be or not. They are. So be a "Bobcat for Life" and be supportive and hopeful even during a down year bore from events that you clearly disagree with.

This team, and this school, are great. I know you are an alumnus, and I know you love this school. But incessantly harping on negative point after negative point that we all are AGREEING with is just creating a toxic tone that, frankly, this board has seen enough of this year.

Take a deep breath, help improve the attitude, and be a good fan. Your check for season tickets doesn't entitle you to observe wins. It entitles you to a front row seat in a great stadium watching a great group of kids play a great game. Winning is a byproduct of an effective culture--one that Choate and co. are desperately trying to create with the weight of an angry fan base on their shoulders. Believe me, things aren't going to improve any faster if we're standing outside the athletic complex with torches and pitchforks.

Try to be part of the solution, and put your anger aside, or be up front with what you're really upset with, so the rest of us can address it in the same public forum you are engaging in and we can all move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a great post. Thank you for adding some levity!