A successful program . . .

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: A successful program . . .

Post by catbooster » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:06 pm

imacat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:A successful program also doesn't have fans that boo their own team. I'm ashamed and embarrassed for all the jack wagons either booing Bruggman or starting a Murray chant when he came in the game. Be pissed off, but call the coaches on Monday and chew them out. F'in bush league to boo your own team. Bruggman is still a student athlete and, while you might not like how he's played, he at least deserves your damn respect on the field. You don't like him in there, its not his damn fault. Chew Choate's ass for putting him in. I was embarassed today and let those around me know it.
I talked to several people who admitted they booed after the game and they all said they were booing the coaches, not Bruggman. It is frustration with the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a lousy excuse. After the fact they can claim they were booing the concession staff if they want, but they booed when Bruggman walked on the field.

Booing Bruggman or the coaches' decision to play him - what's the difference to him?

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Shaner wrote:I giggle a little every time I read or hear about this supposed "culture" change. The Bobcats haven't had a culture problem for quite a number of years, they had a terrible defensive coaching staff problem. If there is a current culture change happening, it sure isn't for the better.
Watching Choate go ballistic and scream at Ione on the sidelines in front of all the players is not a culture change I like. Very immature.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:14 pm

imacat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:A successful program also doesn't have fans that boo their own team. I'm ashamed and embarrassed for all the jack wagons either booing Bruggman or starting a Murray chant when he came in the game. Be pissed off, but call the coaches on Monday and chew them out. F'in bush league to boo your own team. Bruggman is still a student athlete and, while you might not like how he's played, he at least deserves your damn respect on the field. You don't like him in there, its not his damn fault. Chew Choate's ass for putting him in. I was embarassed today and let those around me know it.
I talked to several people who admitted they booed after the game and they all said they were booing the coaches, not Bruggman. It is frustration with the staff.

Sorry, but if you're booing when Bruggman gets sent into the game, does anyone in their right mind think he doesn't hear the crowd boo and know its about him??? And, you know, the crowd chanting, "Murr-ay...Murr-ay" doesn't help either. Disagree with me if you want, but its still a ****** thing to do.

Also, can't imagine that Bruggman doesn't have a complex at this point anyway. Crowd boos anytime he goes in, chants for him to get pulled. I don't have the least doubt that if the kid were to get hurt on a play a bunch of people would have cheered him getting carted off. Bruggman certainly isn't performing up to par, but he's far from the only issue holding the offense back.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

A successful program . . .

Post by imacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:16 pm

catbooster wrote:
imacat wrote:

That's a lousy excuse. After the fact they can claim they were booing the concession staff if they want, but they booed when Bruggman walked on the field.

Booing Bruggman or the coaches' decision to play him - what's the difference to him?
I agree with you. I don't condone booing any of our players. It was bad judgement. Just saying I don't think many were directing their boos at Bruggman.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:08 am

imacat wrote:
catbooster wrote:
imacat wrote:

I agree with you. I don't condone booing any of our players. It was bad judgement. Just saying I don't think many were directing their boos at Bruggman.

I'm sure the booing is meant for the coaches, but it isn't received that way. You think Bruggman hears the boos and thinks "oh they aren't booing me, they're booing the coaches, they really like me" ???
C'mon people, don't boo our team.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Regardless who the booing was directed at, Choate and company need to hear the fans opinion of his decision. I like Jeff and hope that he will be successful. I am concerned that he lacks the ability to properly evaluate his decisions and make appropriate adjustments. I think he will get there, but he needs some feedback.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

catbooster

Post by catbooster » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:22 pm

thefrank1 wrote:Regardless who the booing was directed at, Choate and company need to hear the fans opinion of his decision. I like Jeff and hope that he will be successful. I am concerned that he lacks the ability to properly evaluate his decisions and make appropriate adjustments. I think he will get there, but he needs some feedback.
While feedback is good, I completely disagree that booing is an acceptable,appropriate or constructive form of feedback

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:25 pm

I was at the game and heard the booing and calls for Murray. I don't condone the actions and didn't participate. However, Bruggman can do something about it himself by making some plays, complete some passes, drive the team downfield, score, etc, etc, etc. The jeers will turn to cheers if he produces on the field.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:45 am

Even if it may have been booing the coaches for putting Bruggman in, what is the real difference? For me, I just didn't understand why he put Bruggman in at that point in the game. I mean I know Murray had just fumbled, but put him back into keep going is my take. All QB's make mistakes, there isn't a perfect one at any level. He may have been a little shaken after the fumble, but as mentioned by someone I know that was a QB, that is why you put him in the game to get back into a groove and play.

Someone else mentioned the same thing about what I said. The booing was wrong, I was there and felt bad for Bruggman in that situation when you have so many booing or calling for Murray. I was more just confused by the decision to put him in.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:05 am

We have not had this poor of QB play since Kempt and Iddins were duking it out in the late 2000's. And if you guys want to keep defending Murray, you can because he is barely 18. But on that Brekke-Murray fumble, Gunnar came off the sidelines and immediately went to Messingham with some concerns about Murray. Hard to really evaluate anything with the QB situation we are currently in. We have a junior in Bruggman who is capable of knowing and running the offense but fails to produce on the field. And we have an explosive true freshman who makes really great plays and really bad plays mostly due to his inexperience. My feeling is the current starters prefer Bruggman because the communication is way better and there is a trust with him. However, the coaches and fans think otherwise. I won't start "evaluating" Messingham until he gets a capable QB to run his offense because right now the sample size is too small in my opinion.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:49 am

VimSince03 wrote:We have not had this poor of QB play since Kempt and Iddins were duking it out in the late 2000's. And if you guys want to keep defending Murray, you can because he is barely 18. But on that Brekke-Murray fumble, Gunnar came off the sidelines and immediately went to Messingham with some concerns about Murray. Hard to really evaluate anything with the QB situation we are currently in. We have a junior in Bruggman who is capable of knowing and running the offense but fails to produce on the field. And we have an explosive true freshman who makes really great plays and really bad plays mostly due to his inexperience. My feeling is the current starters prefer Bruggman because the communication is way better and there is a trust with him. However, the coaches and fans think otherwise. I won't start "evaluating" Messingham until he gets a capable QB to run his offense because right now the sample size is too small in my opinion.
Good post as usual Vim.

I feel that each of them have strengths and weaknesses in their game abilities. I have no desire to teardown or defend either of them. Seems that some of the things limiting CM's productivity have been going away with more reps and most of those remaining will go away sooner rather than later. The things limiting TB don't seem to be going away and some of them are of the type that are tough to get rid of. My opinion anyway, I would like to hear your take on the issue of what does limit these two and how each of them can best overcome their current limiting factors.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Probably been said recently on here before, but it bears repeating... When you have two QB'S you have none.

Yes, CM is young, raw and makes freshman mistakes. But he at least gives the MSU offense a spark and opposing defenses something else to think about with his speed, running ability and athleticism. TB on the other hand can't run, isn't very athletic, has no arm strength or accuracy if his feet aren't set, cannot seem to hit a check down read to save his life, doesn't seem to be able to go through his progressions and folds like a cheap card table when pressured... When it's second or third and long, all opposing DC's have to do is blitz and it's over. Truly the worst MSU QB I've seen behind center in 15 seasons and it isn't even close.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and I hope he graduates with his degree but he has no business playing another snap in meaningful game situations.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:06 am

Truth the 2 QB system provides sparks at times but rhythm and continuity are lacking. It's
Just a tuff deal this year. It worries me when a defensive end makes an open field stop,picks
your QB up , and takes the ball away . There are dudes out there that can Bench CM's body weight
20 or 30 times . Love the kids upside - however being upside down by 3 or 4 in turnover ratio is not
Going to win games or keep you in games. I just hope he doesn't sustain a season ending or even a
Career ending injury befor he has a year in the weight room to gain the physicality needed to play in
the BSC and I'm sure this had some bearing on coach's reasons for bringing him along slowly . We are
not romans and our kids are not Gladiators to be thrown to the Lions for our amusement. The losses we sustain
now will make the victories in the future all the more sweeter ! The right foundation is being made for a real
good era of Bob Cat Fotball but not yet.

No matter where you go , there you are ....... protect the rock

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

Cat_gld

Post by Cat_gld » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:04 am

onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Folsom moved to safety and Brown has been hurt all year.
Folsom moved to safety this week. 20,000 people in the stands have understood for the last month that Bruggman makes the entire team worse. There's still McChesney. Barth and Brott were both high school QBs. They wouldn't get booed by their own fans. Run the wildcat with Brekke.

Bruggman is the new Marshall. Choate's loyalty to the kid is going to cost him his job.
Brekke ran the wildcat. He probably could have run it more but he was probably tired from also playing nickel.
Are you talking about at DE? I assumed that was the other #2 Shiloh Laboy.
Laboy wasn't even suited up on Saturday, or at least he wasn't immediately following the game.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:13 am

Cat_gld wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Folsom moved to safety this week. 20,000 people in the stands have understood for the last month that Bruggman makes the entire team worse. There's still McChesney. Barth and Brott were both high school QBs. They wouldn't get booed by their own fans. Run the wildcat with Brekke.

Bruggman is the new Marshall. Choate's loyalty to the kid is going to cost him his job.
Brekke ran the wildcat. He probably could have run it more but he was probably tired from also playing nickel.
Laboy wasn't even suited up on Saturday, or at least he wasn't immediately following the game.
Brekke took direct snaps multiple times on Saturday.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:23 am

Cat_gld wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:

I believe LaBoy is working on getting a medical redshirt this season. Next years defensive end situation could be good. We'll have Marks, Ferriter, LaBoy, Jeffries?, Fa'anono, LaBoy all with playing experience. Plus guys like Lewis Kidd who's a physical freak coming in

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:43 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
Cat_gld wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:

I believe LaBoy is working on getting a medical redshirt this season. Next years defensive end situation could be good. We'll have Marks, Ferriter, LaBoy, Jeffries?, Fa'anono, LaBoy all with playing experience. Plus guys like Lewis Kidd who's a physical freak coming in
LaBoy gets to be listed twice, eh?

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:07 pm

I had a similar reaction, and so did my kid!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Choate watches Murray closely. He doesn'the want him to lose his confidence. Sometimes he takes him out to let him gather himself and get the game and his job in perspective.

2024 Resume dominance

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:12 pm

That does not require the insertion of Bruggman.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."