A successful program . . .

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

A successful program . . .

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:17 pm

This article was posted on football scoop and it outlines what it takes to be a successful program: http://footballscoop.com/news/four-stag ... g-program/

1 – Learn how to compete
From the article: “Remind your team each day what your cause is. What are you playing for? Why are you putting in all this work? Your cause should transcend wins and losses.”

2 – Learn how to win
From the article: “Discipline on the football field manifests itself in taking care of the football, winning the turnover battle, managing the clock, eliminating or minimizing costly penalties, playing fundamentally sound football for four quarters and finishing opponents when you have early leads”.

3 – Learning how to handle winning
From the article: “Confidence is knowing what you’re capable of doing, knowing that you are prepared and have the skill set to achieve what is expected of you. Arrogance often exists in a false reality, and it can lead to complacency and unpreparedness.”

4 – Learning how to be a championship level program
From the article: “If you can build a program that is rooted in a cause greater than any individual or team and communicate to each individual that they will live a greater, more successful and more meaningful life from being a part of the cause, then you have something special. Something worthy of celebrating: A championship-level program built upon champions in football and life.”
-------------
We hear so much of the culture change that Choate is creating. Choate is often quoted (especially this week) as teaching the players to 'compete'. Guys, it's not going to happen overnight. I want us to win just as bad as everyone on here, I'm frustrated by the play-calling at times as well as the unbelievable amount of turnovers. But this is a project, and I firmly believe this program is going in the right direction. I feel sorry for the seniors, but someday they will be able to say that they were there for the beginning of the tough, but worth it process.

We talk about how young we are, thats a clear sign we are building for the future. With so many freshman and sophomore starting or in the 2 deep we are going to take our beatings, and the coaches will be making mistakes (bruggman is one of them in my opinion). But one thing is that they don't quit. Hell choate called a time out with 11 seconds left after EWU kneeled the ball just to give us a chance to score (Murray threw a pick - but give him an offseason to get stronger and thats a TD). . . he's not quitting on the guys and I hope the fans don't either

I really challenge us fans to stay patient. Choate is working on building a culture, unlike any of us his job relies on this game and I can promise he will be doing all he can to get us back on track and soon. This program is going the right direction, its just a little painful right now. . . .We need this bye week and I look forward to ending this season strong!
Go Cats

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: A successful program . . .

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:25 pm

https://twitter.com/msubobcats/status/789940073525456896

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/msubobcats/status/789940073525456896
That's awesome! Thrilled that many showed up. 1 more home game (senior day). Finish strong!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:32 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:This article was posted on football scoop and it outlines what it takes to be a successful program: http://footballscoop.com/news/four-stag ... g-program/

1 – Learn how to compete
From the article: “Remind your team each day what your cause is. What are you playing for? Why are you putting in all this work? Your cause should transcend wins and losses.”

2 – Learn how to win
From the article: “Discipline on the football field manifests itself in taking care of the football, winning the turnover battle, managing the clock, eliminating or minimizing costly penalties, playing fundamentally sound football for four quarters and finishing opponents when you have early leads”.

3 – Learning how to handle winning
From the article: “Confidence is knowing what you’re capable of doing, knowing that you are prepared and have the skill set to achieve what is expected of you. Arrogance often exists in a false reality, and it can lead to complacency and unpreparedness.”

4 – Learning how to be a championship level program
From the article: “If you can build a program that is rooted in a cause greater than any individual or team and communicate to each individual that they will live a greater, more successful and more meaningful life from being a part of the cause, then you have something special. Something worthy of celebrating: A championship-level program built upon champions in football and life.”
-------------
We hear so much of the culture change that Choate is creating. Choate is often quoted (especially this week) as teaching the players to 'compete'. Guys, it's not going to happen overnight. I want us to win just as bad as everyone on here, I'm frustrated by the play-calling at times as well as the unbelievable amount of turnovers. But this is a project, and I firmly believe this program is going in the right direction. I feel sorry for the seniors, but someday they will be able to say that they were there for the beginning of the tough, but worth it process.

We talk about how young we are, thats a clear sign we are building for the future. With so many freshman and sophomore starting or in the 2 deep we are going to take our beatings, and the coaches will be making mistakes (bruggman is one of them in my opinion). But one thing is that they don't quit. Hell choate called a time out with 11 seconds left after EWU kneeled the ball just to give us a chance to score (Murray threw a pick - but give him an offseason to get stronger and thats a TD). . . he's not quitting on the guys and I hope the fans don't either

I really challenge us fans to stay patient. Choate is working on building a culture, unlike any of us his job relies on this game and I can promise he will be doing all he can to get us back on track and soon. This program is going the right direction, its just a little painful right now. . . .We need this bye week and I look forward to ending this season strong!
Go Cats
The culture change is great, and it will hopefully pay off, but in what universe can anyone possibly think some of his game decisions are OK? Bruggman should NEVER see the field again and Choates knee jerk reaction to pull Murray after the fumble and insert a QB that has no business playing D1 football is not just baffling but it's laughable. Like the other 12 programs in the conference, and their fans are laughing at us and the ridiculous circus that is the Cats on the field right now. It is going to take time, but the results this season are not only from poor execution and mental mistakes by the players, or lack of talent. Choate has been a very poor decision maker, and they can longer be called "rookie" mistakes. If we want Murray to grow up quickly as a QB then we sure as hell better expect the same from our head coach. He hasn't adapted at all throughout the season. I do think he's going to get us where we want to be in the future, but I also have more doubts as the season moves on.

Shaner
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Shaner » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:45 pm

I giggle a little every time I read or hear about this supposed "culture" change. The Bobcats haven't had a culture problem for quite a number of years, they had a terrible defensive coaching staff problem. If there is a current culture change happening, it sure isn't for the better.

Here2inform
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Here2inform » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:49 pm

This culture has become a culture of ifs! If.... If....if!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:50 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
The culture change is great, and it will hopefully pay off, but in what universe can anyone possibly think some of his game decisions are OK? Bruggman should NEVER see the field again and Choates knee jerk reaction to pull Murray after the fumble and insert a QB that has no business playing D1 football is not just baffling but it's laughable. Like the other 12 programs in the conference, and their fans are laughing at us and the ridiculous circus that is the Cats on the field right now. It is going to take time, but the results this season are not only from poor execution and mental mistakes by the players, or lack of talent. Choate has been a very poor decision maker, and they can longer be called "rookie" mistakes. If we want Murray to grow up quickly as a QB then we sure as hell better expect the same from our head coach. He hasn't adapted at all throughout the season. I do think he's going to get us where we want to be in the future, but I also have more doubts as the season moves on.
He said Murray was very upset and rattled about his fumble so he wanted to give him time to clear his head and shake it off.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
He said Murray was very upset and rattled about his fumble so he wanted to give him time to clear his head and shake it off.
That's a pathetic excuse. How is the kid supposed to grow from it if you baby him? No you say suck it up kid, get out there and make some more plays, that's how you shake it off. If he can't do that then he can't play college football at snuggled level, regardless of how old he is.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:14 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
That's a pathetic excuse. How is the kid supposed to grow from it if you baby him? No you say suck it up kid, get out there and make some more plays, that's how you shake it off. If he can't do that then he can't play college football at snuggled level, regardless of how old he is.
This. There are 3 other QBs on the roster. How can Folsom, McChesney, and Brown all be so bad that they aren't a better option. For Christ sake, Choate put Bruggman out there to get booed by his own fans. How is that fixing the culture?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:28 pm

Folsom moved to safety and Brown has been hurt all year.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Folsom moved to safety and Brown has been hurt all year.
Folsom moved to safety this week. 20,000 people in the stands have understood for the last month that Bruggman makes the entire team worse. There's still McChesney. Barth and Brott were both high school QBs. They wouldn't get booed by their own fans. Run the wildcat with Brekke.

Bruggman is the new Marshall. Choate's loyalty to the kid is going to cost him his job.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:43 pm

onceacat wrote:
Folsom moved to safety this week. 20,000 people in the stands have understood for the last month that Bruggman makes the entire team worse. There's still McChesney. Barth and Brott were both high school QBs. They wouldn't get booed by their own fans. Run the wildcat with Brekke.

Bruggman is the new Marshall. Choate's loyalty to the kid is going to cost him his job.
Brekke ran the wildcat. He probably could have run it more but he was probably tired from also playing nickel.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:

Brekke ran the wildcat. He probably could have run it more but he was probably tired from also playing nickel.
Are you talking about at DE? I assumed that was the other #2 Shiloh Laboy.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:47 pm

onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:

I meant that in the past tense. Yes, Brekke was the 3rd best QB on the field today.

Are you talking about at DE? I assumed that was the other #2 Shiloh Laboy.

dencat91
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by dencat91 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Its buts candy and nuts!!!!!!! If it was a fifth we'd all be drunk. Give me a break. Really

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:51 pm

A successful program also doesn't have fans that boo their own team. I'm ashamed and embarrassed for all the jack wagons either booing Bruggman or starting a Murray chant when he came in the game. Be pissed off, but call the coaches on Monday and chew them out. F'in bush league to boo your own team. Bruggman is still a student athlete and, while you might not like how he's played, he at least deserves your damn respect on the field. You don't like him in there, its not his damn fault. Chew Choate's ass for putting him in. I was embarassed today and let those around me know it.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:18 pm

KittieKop wrote:A successful program also doesn't have fans that boo their own team. I'm ashamed and embarrassed for all the jack wagons either booing Bruggman or starting a Murray chant when he came in the game. Be pissed off, but call the coaches on Monday and chew them out. F'in bush league to boo your own team. Bruggman is still a student athlete and, while you might not like how he's played, he at least deserves your damn respect on the field. You don't like him in there, its not his damn fault. Chew Choate's ass for putting him in. I was embarassed today and let those around me know it.
This!!! I agree 100%, it was disgusting, people booing when Bruggman went in.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:27 pm

91catAlum wrote:
KittieKop wrote:A successful program also doesn't have fans that boo their own team. I'm ashamed and embarrassed for all the jack wagons either booing Bruggman or starting a Murray chant when he came in the game. Be pissed off, but call the coaches on Monday and chew them out. F'in bush league to boo your own team. Bruggman is still a student athlete and, while you might not like how he's played, he at least deserves your damn respect on the field. You don't like him in there, its not his damn fault. Chew Choate's ass for putting him in. I was embarassed today and let those around me know it.
This!!! I agree 100%, it was disgusting, people booing when Bruggman went in.
By all accounts, Bruggman has worked his ass off to get the starting job. He deserves better from both the fans and the coaching staff.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Goddamned right!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:58 pm

I talked to several people who admitted they booed after the game and they all said they were booing the coaches, not Bruggman. It is frustration with the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk