Anywhere to watch in Boise?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Anywhere to watch in Boise?

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Just curious, as I'll be there this weekend. I know it's on Cowles Media...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Anywhere to watch in Boise?

Post by John K » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:14 pm

grizzh8r wrote:Just curious, as I'll be there this weekend. I know it's on Cowles Media...
My recommendation would be Tilted Kilt or Twin Peaks...but I have no idea if either of them might be showing the game. :lol:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:23 pm

grizzh8r wrote:Just curious, as I'll be there this weekend. I know it's on Cowles Media...
Seriously, I don't know if Cowles broadcasts are available anywhere outside of Montana? If so, there is a place called Buster's near BSU on Broadway might be a good choice, or Cheerleader's out in Meridian, or possibly Legends, which is in the Spectrum area (not sure how familiar you are with the Boise area?). Then there is the Bighorn Brewery/Ram restaurant which is also near BSU on Broadway, and there is also a Dave & Buster's that opened up fairly recently by the Town Square Mall, but I have never been there. Maybe Old Chicago which is right in the mall, or the other Old Chicago which is downtown. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings out in Meridian as well. Plenty of options, but I just don't know if any of them would have access to Cowles.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Go to Parrilla Grill (in the North End, Hyde Park on 8th). Owner is a huge Bobcat fan and televises every game there. I used to go there for all the games when I lived in Boise. Plus, awesome food and cheap drinks!

GO CATS GO!!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:10 pm

BozoneCat wrote:Go to Parrilla Grill (in the North End, Hyde Park on 8th). Owner is a huge Bobcat fan and televises every game there. I used to go there for all the games when I lived in Boise. Plus, awesome food and cheap drinks!
I've never been there...haven't even heard of it. I'll have to check it out sometime. I'm always there during the week, so catching Bobcat games has never been a concern, but I'm always looking for good/new places for dinner when I'm there for business. So it's downtown then? Would that be just down the street from Bitter Creek Ale House and The Red Feather?

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:54 pm

John K wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:Go to Parrilla Grill (in the North End, Hyde Park on 8th). Owner is a huge Bobcat fan and televises every game there. I used to go there for all the games when I lived in Boise. Plus, awesome food and cheap drinks!
I've never been there...haven't even heard of it. I'll have to check it out sometime. I'm always there during the week, so catching Bobcat games has never been a concern, but I'm always looking for good/new places for dinner when I'm there for business. So it's downtown then? Would that be just down the street from Bitter Creek Ale House and The Red Feather?
No, it's about a mile or so up towards the mountains from downtown (towards Bogus Basin). Hyde Park is a really cool little area, Parrilla does burritos/wraps and a low-key bar. Right next door is the 13th Street Pub which has a little nicer/more upscale atmosphere, still fun and cool place to hang out. It's a block from Camel's Back Park, which is great for a trail run or mountain bike. There's a Java there too for coffee in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO CATS GO!!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:22 am

BozoneCat wrote:
John K wrote:
No, it's about a mile or so up towards the mountains from downtown (towards Bogus Basin). Hyde Park is a really cool little area, Parrilla does burritos/wraps and a low-key bar. Right next door is the 13th Street Pub which has a little nicer/more upscale atmosphere, still fun and cool place to hang out. It's a block from Camel's Back Park, which is great for a trail run or mountain bike. There's a Java there too for coffee in the morning.

Thanks for the info. I thought I knew Boise pretty well, but I've never been in that area at all. I'll definitely check it out on my next trip over there. It sounds pretty cool, and I always like to support a fellow Bobcat fan. Thanks again.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:25 am

John K wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
John K wrote:

Thanks for the info. I thought I knew Boise pretty well, but I've never been in that area at all. I'll definitely check it out on my next trip over there. It sounds pretty cool, and I always like to support a fellow Bobcat fan. Thanks again.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parri ... 16.2031726

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:39 am

kwcat wrote:
John K wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
John K wrote:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parri ... 16.2031726
Thanks!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:04 pm

John K wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
John K wrote:

No problem! Might end up back there in the not-so-distant future, I'll be happy to meet up and show you around if it pans out.

GO CATS GO!!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:59 am

BozoneCat wrote:
John K wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
John K wrote:

No problem! Might end up back there in the not-so-distant future, I'll be happy to meet up and show you around if it pans out.

That would be great. I'm not exactly sure when I'll be back there again, but it should be sometime within the next month or two. I'll shoot you a PM before my next trip over there. Thanks again.