Saturday turnovers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Saturday turnovers

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:50 pm

technoCat wrote:
catatac wrote:
technoCat wrote:Bruggman's first pick I think could be squarely put in the realm of him being outside his comfort zone. He doesn't make his reads fast enough or make up with for it with a quick throwing motion to be making those short outcut throws.

The rest I think can be squarely put on the players. Newell doesn't fumble often and it was kind of a fluke. Murray needs to make his read faster but that play is right smack dab in his wheelhouse. Whether the pass was perfect or not D'Agostino needs to catch that ball and the last one was a bit of a desperation heave although I would like to see Herbert get his head around faster to contest that.
I know one of his picks was a great throw... and the receiver made a mistake and ended up tipping the ball rather than catching it. Additionally, I talked to someone "in the know" after the game and one of the other picks was a result of the receiver running the wrong route, cutting the wrong way.
I would believe that. I had a pretty clear view of the receiver after the pick and you could tell he knew he f#@$ed up.
Dagastino should have caught it, however it was far from a great throw as mentioned above.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 am

I think some of it might me mentality. The defense came in this year after a really disappointing year last season. I think they've improved so much because they were in a position to be really receptive to our new staff and motivated to turn the tide on that side of the ball. Offensively we were great last year so not sure if that group has been as motivated. I'm it questioning their dedication, just thinking that perhaps almost unconsciously they came in thinking they were the strength of the team. With all we've heard about the snowball of mistakes and everyone taking their turn it kinda makes sense to me. If my theory is true hopefully the early part of the season has changed that mentality. The problem with last year's D is that it never seemed to improve. I don't think that will be the case with this year's offense.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:24 am

At one of Choate's media events, he said that in the long run you usually get what you emphasize.
From Spring Ball on through current practices, our defense has emphasized - physicality, pursuit, tackling and turnovers. Turnovers may have been down last Saturday, but it is obvious to me that Choate is right.