Poll: Hell's Bells

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hells Bells

Hell's Bells
60%
Something else
40%

Total votes: 60

utucats
Member # Retired

Poll: Hell's Bells

Post by utucats » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:37 pm

I still can't figure why Hell's Bells is getting no love on 3rd. It seems like nearly everyone wants it back. The thought crossed my mind that maybe everyone to me is really only a handful of people. So, for curiosity sake, thought I'd poll Bobcat Nation.

So, Hells Bells or anything else?

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Poll: Hell's Bells

Post by tdub » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:20 pm

I'd only go something else, if that something else is "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Same bell opening as Hell's Bells, but harder driving guitar riff. More energy than AC/DC if you ask me. But I'm an old school Metallica fan so I may be biased. But the Bell's gotta ring either way.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:42 pm

utucats wrote:I still can't figure why Hell's Bells is getting no love on 3rd. It seems like nearly everyone wants it back. The thought crossed my mind that maybe everyone to me is really only a handful of people. So, for curiosity sake, thought I'd poll Bobcat Nation.

To clarify what is meant by Hell's Bells song for 3rd down, so when the athletic department reads this or whomever is in charge over there now, it's only the first 2-4 bell gongs that are played. Folks are not wishing for any song lyrics whatsoever, only those first few gongs. Short and sweet.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Team10 wrote:
utucats wrote:I still can't figure why Hell's Bells is getting no love on 3rd. It seems like nearly everyone wants it back. The thought crossed my mind that maybe everyone to me is really only a handful of people. So, for curiosity sake, thought I'd poll Bobcat Nation.

To clarify what is meant by Hell's Bells song for 3rd down, so when the athletic department reads this or whomever is in charge over there now, it's only the first 2-4 bell gongs that are played. Folks are not wishing for any song lyrics whatsoever, only those first few gongs. Short and sweet.
If it's just the bells and not the guitar riff, count me out for Hell's Bells.
If it includes a bit of the guitar riff, I'm happy with either song.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:18 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Team10 wrote:

If it's just the bells and not the guitar riff, count me out for Hell's Bells.
If it includes a bit of the guitar riff, I'm happy with either song.
Gotta do one bell gong, maybe two and then that opening guitar riff hits. If memory serves the bell is still going during the opening guitar riff.

nutman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by nutman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:45 pm

No need to play music that will only play to get all the middle age dude all riled up.

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:57 am

Do I get to vote? :)

-Bethany Cordell (Bobcat Athletics)

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:57 am

Maybe all the hipsters and kids are the ones that don't want Hells Bells. They have absolutely no effing idea what they are talking about, but they probably have some influence on the decision.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:01 am

BethanyCordell wrote:Do I get to vote? :)

Yes. And your vote counts for 800 to our 1 each. :lol: :lol:

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:05 am

tdub wrote:I'd only go something else, if that something else is "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Same bell opening as Hell's Bells, but harder driving guitar riff. More energy than AC/DC if you ask me. But I'm an old school Metallica fan so I may be biased. But the Bell's gotta ring either way.
This.

And Bethany, everyone will get used to whatever you go with. It would be nice to make our own way and not do something that 6,543 other stadiums are doing on third down. I personally vote for T Swizzle's We are never ever getting back together......that's a third down song that NOONE is doing......

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:11 am

lutecat wrote:

Yes. And your vote counts for 800 to our 1 each. :lol: :lol:
:D This is a pass the time type of thing Bethany. Of course some of us miss the old song but as long as the Cats are on the field I'll be having a blast no matter what song is playing. If I was you I'd throw it in just once, just to mess with us.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:26 am

"For Whom The Bell Tolls" Love it

BacardiCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BacardiCat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:18 am

I say bring back Hell's Bell's on 3rd down....and bring back Sweet Caroline while you're at it!

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:12 pm

They only play Sweet Caroline when we are winning and that wasnt very long on Saturday...
Also Metallica>>>ACDC !!!

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:01 pm

I've always been a Hells Bells fan. I did like the Wolf of Wall St song from week 2 at the beginning of the game. I'd live with a mix of Hells Bells, WoWSt, and the one played last week. If it's not solely HB then mix it up.

FWIW the students loved the 4th d own song

After the game as I was walking to my car, I was walking behind two little kids who were humming that song the whole way. it was awesome

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Sweet Caroline is for those occasions that we want everybody to get all mellow. I say banish it.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Rich K wrote:Sweet Caroline is for those occasions that we want everybody to get all mellow. I say banish it.
Can't stand Sweet Caroline. If you want a sing along song, go with something upbeat like Mony Mony.

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 pm

And.... Your vote is.....!????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:11 pm

I like Hells Bells or For Whom the Bell Tolls. Either one works. Just pick one and roll with it imo