Injuries

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Injuries

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:53 am

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/780462497761329152

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Injuries

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:56 am

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/780462497761329152
Marcus Ferriter and Derek Marks....keep playing your butts off boys. Also, Woody Brandom is taking snaps at strong-side end. Wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Kidd plays this year. Shiloh LaBoy is hopeful to return but I have heard his situation is week to week as well. A positive note on Tyrone, he will get to use his redshirt this year further proofing the point that you don't "burn" your redshirt if you play as a true freshman. It is simply still available and Tyrone will still be a junior next fall.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:56 am

Kidd is going to play this year I can feel it.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:01 pm

CelticCat wrote:Kidd is going to play this year I can feel it.
I hope not.... Want him to red shirt

FTG- GO CATS GO!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:34 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Yeah, if we haven't used him to this point, and we're already 0-1 in conference, let's not go crazy. I don't really believe that you can ever truly "burn" a redshirt for the same reason that Vim posted above, but let's not play him for 5-6 plays. That IS a waste of a redshirt year imo. I think that happened to Singleton.

On a side note, didn't Choate say that we're probably going to end up redshirting Balue this year? I saw that he was in pads whereas the rest of the redshirts (Kidd, Krone, etc) were all in street clothes. Would you think that we're just dressing Balue to be an emergency backup?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:41 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Yeah, if we haven't used him to this point, and we're already 0-1 in conference, let's not go crazy. I don't really believe that you can ever truly "burn" a redshirt for the same reason that Vim posted above, but let's not play him for 5-6 plays. That IS a waste of a redshirt year imo. I think that happened to Singleton.

On a side note, didn't Choate say that we're probably going to end up redshirting Balue this year? I saw that he was in pads whereas the rest of the redshirts (Kidd, Krone, etc) were all in street clothes. Would you think that we're just dressing Balue to be an emergency backup?
Correct.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:40 pm

I hope Chad can go this week. That was gruesome to watch. Couldn't believe he played in the second half! I hope it doesn't swell/stiffen on him this week after he cooled down.

What a tough dude though!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm

I could not believe the amount of players not in pads the last couple games. We are getting more depth but people seemed to be getting dinged up more as well. Didn't know anything about LaSane being out last game till I saw him on the sideline.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:29 pm

technoCat wrote:I could not believe the amount of players not in pads the last couple games. We are getting more depth but people seemed to be getting dinged up more as well. Didn't know anything about LaSane being out last game till I saw him on the sideline.
Montana State dressed 63 players on Saturday. You are allowed to dress every player, redshirt or not, for home games if you are so inclined and Montana State has done this more often than not over the last six years I've been covering this team.

At this point in the season, injuries aside from key ones rarely make it into my stories so here's a report on who did not dress on Saturday against North Dakota:

Out for the season

Senior DT Robert Wilcox (ACL)

Junior DE Devin Jeffries (ACL)

Juniro DE Tyrone Fa'anono (foot surgery)

Freshman QB Kamden Brown (sprained MCL)

One other note: Because of the rash of injuries at defensive end, RS freshman TE Woody Brandom has been moved to defensive end. He played half a dozen snaps against UND.

Other guys who didn't dress Saturday
Junior DE Shiloh Laboy (shoulder stinger issue) — We are working on him (Shiloh Laboy) But he's a little more of a long-term project, some stinger issues. We felt we rushed him" Choate said

Senior WR Brandon Brown (undisclosed)

Sophomore CB Naijiel Hale (undisclosed, hasn't been at practice since end of fall camp)

Sophomore CB Braelen Evans (undisclosed)

Redshirt freshman DB Chris Harris (undisclosed)

Junior WR Jayshawn Gates (ankle)

Junior RB Nick LaSane (undisclosed)

Senior DB Zach Stern (undisclosed, hasn't been to practice since midway through fall camp but has been tweeting lately about his return)

Junior DT Brandon Hayashi (hasn't practiced in a few weeks, big knee brace, might be season but no confirmation)

Sophomore WR Hunter Mahlum (had off-season shoulder surgery, not sure if he'll make it back this year)

Junior RG Monte Folsom rolled his ankle against Western Oregon and was replaced by senior Patrick Carroll. Folsom did not play this week against North Dakota but did dress.

Others
Justin Paige rolled his left ankle and did not return to the game after the injury on Saturday

Senior DT Matt Brownlow missed some practice time in recent weeks but played Saturday.

Choate said RS freshman Cam Sutton had an injury that hampered him first three weeks. Still no targets or catches.

Montana State also has 27 players on its roster, freshmen or RS freshmen, who did not dress on Saturday as it appears this staff will have young players on the sideline but not dressed out during games this season.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Hale hasn't even been at practice since fall camp!?!?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Colter, you said Folsom suited up but didn't play. You also mentioned that Carroll took the remaining snaps against Western Oregon, but that leaves me to wonder who played at RG. Based on what you said, I would think Carroll. But I thought that Gillis was the backup RG. Was it Carroll that played at RG?

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Can I assume Hale is no longer with the team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:32 pm

That's a long list, but we're gonna build some depth this year. Good to see Brownlow in action, I hope he stays healthy and makes some noise in the middle.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:33 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:Can I assume Hale is no longer with the team?

Yeah that's an interesting lil' tidbit huh. I'm not sure what to make of it. Didn't someone say he was going to be ready by NAU?... But I assume he still has classes.

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:37 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Yeah that's an interesting lil' tidbit huh. I'm not sure what to make of it. Didn't someone say he was going to be ready by NAU?... But I assume he still has classes.
He was on the sidelines, I specifically looked for him.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:42 pm

vike_king wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

He was on the sidelines, I specifically looked for him.
[-o< Well we sure could use him back there. Hope he makes NAU, I really hope we can keep GA at least 2 years...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Saw both Hale and Stern clearly on the television on the sidelines. Assuming they are not at practice because they are rehabbing injuries.

BigBruceBaker

Injuries

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Great news. We will need them later in the year and next year

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:37 pm

It sucks having anybody not able to play but wow does it seem to have hit the dline hard. Thought we were finally going to have some depth there and we burned through all of it.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN