Murray please!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Murray please!!

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:13 pm

onceacat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Here2inform wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
aucat wrote:I am never comfortable criticizing kids who are not making money as pros, so I don't intend this to be that.
I'm sure Tyler is a good guy and a good leader but I'm surprised that he has absolutely no zip on the ball.

Murray may not be ready, but the best way to get "ready" is to play against real teams. Not just slinging it around
at practice. Let him have it. What do we have to lose?
Montana State FB needs to go 6-1 over remaining 7 games (4 road/3 home; all BSC games) to have a realistic chance at making FCS playoffs.
Playoffs?!? Playoffs?!?
Right? I'm not positive they'll beat Sacramento state, let alone anyone else on the schedule. The defense can't do it all...
The Cats will beat Sac State, UC Davis and might beat Weber for a possible 5 win season with only 4 D-1 wins.
Weber, Sac, Davis, and NAU have a combined 1 D1 win between the 4 of them. Weber beat Sac. So, really, they have zero wins outside of their little group. Good god, get a grip. Sac State lost to Western Oregon for crying out loud.
This team hasn't scored more than 17 points against a school with equal or greater number of scholarships. What makes you think they will just magically be able to do so against CSUS, WSU & UCD? I'm just being realistic here...
Because CSUS& Davis are really bad. Weber, I haven't watched, so I don't know. NAU is going to be a bigger challenge, but historically, they've been awful outside of Flagstaff. 4-0 is possible. 3-1 is likely, 2-2 is an absolute worse case scenario.
Weber is good, sometimes, every other week except sometimes Saturday. I know that doesn't make sense but they don't either. They are ridiculously inconsistent, it's hard to have any idea what to expect from them. Although they always play us tough in Ogden, no matter how bad or good they are.

Here2inform
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Here2inform » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:56 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I love that people are talking about if we win....playoffs.....we aren't even ranked. We probably won't even get a vote in this next poll that comes out. This team needs to focus on learning and playing without so many stupid mistakes. We lost that game ourselves, not picking on him but Bruggmans poor decisions didn't help. If we score on the first turnover when we only had to go 20 yards, I think that game is way different. We can't settle for field goals.
You are wrong the Cats had 11 votes this week. A whole 10 votes ahead of Kennissaw State!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:23 am

Here2inform wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I love that people are talking about if we win....playoffs.....we aren't even ranked. We probably won't even get a vote in this next poll that comes out. This team needs to focus on learning and playing without so many stupid mistakes. We lost that game ourselves, not picking on him but Bruggmans poor decisions didn't help. If we score on the first turnover when we only had to go 20 yards, I think that game is way different. We can't settle for field goals.
You are wrong the Cats had 11 votes this week. A whole 10 votes ahead of Kennissaw State!
Sweet another troll.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:34 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
onceacat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Here2inform wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
aucat wrote:I am never comfortable criticizing kids who are not making money as pros, so I don't intend this to be that.
I'm sure Tyler is a good guy and a good leader but I'm surprised that he has absolutely no zip on the ball.

Murray may not be ready, but the best way to get "ready" is to play against real teams. Not just slinging it around
Montana State FB needs to go 6-1 over remaining 7 games (4 road/3 home; all BSC games) to have a realistic chance at making FCS playoffs.
Playoffs?!? Playoffs?!?
Right? I'm not positive they'll beat Sacramento state, let alone anyone else on the schedule. The defense can't do it all...
The Cats will beat Sac State, UC Davis and might beat Weber for a possible 5 win season with only 4 D-1 wins.
Weber, Sac, Davis, and NAU have a combined 1 D1 win between the 4 of them. Weber beat Sac. So, really, they have zero wins outside of their little group. Good god, get a grip. Sac State lost to Western Oregon for crying out loud.
This team hasn't scored more than 17 points against a school with equal or greater number of scholarships. What makes you think they will just magically be able to do so against CSUS, WSU & UCD? I'm just being realistic here...
Because CSUS& Davis are really bad. Weber, I haven't watched, so I don't know. NAU is going to be a bigger challenge, but historically, they've been awful outside of Flagstaff. 4-0 is possible. 3-1 is likely, 2-2 is an absolute worse case scenario.
Weber is good, sometimes, every other week except sometimes Saturday. I know that doesn't make sense but they don't either. They are ridiculously inconsistent, it's hard to have any idea what to expect from them. Although they always play us tough in Ogden, no matter how bad or good they are.
Something I always bring up, but we haven't lost in Ogden since 1996. That's a crazy stat, and I keep expecting it to snap but we always take care of business down there for some reason.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:33 pm

CelticCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
onceacat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Here2inform wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Playoffs?!? Playoffs?!?
Something I always bring up, but we haven't lost in Ogden since 1996. That's a crazy stat, and I keep expecting it to snap but we always take care of business down there for some reason.
We do but they always are tough. No matter what it'll be a dog fight.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:06 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:I'm on board with this now. Let's play this kid. He's got moxy. Let him run the O and let's get rolling.
It doesn't hurt to give him more "series" in a game that's for sure. Regarding the idea that Murray is the future of the program, I can't remember the kids name, but the recruit from Idaho IMO fits more closely where Choate wants this team to go from the QB position. He will be here next year!
You're thinking of Tucker Rovig. He's a more traditional pro style quarterback

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Air Force Cat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:15 am

There is not a quality starting BSC quarterback on the roster this year, period. There are absolutely other options rather than Bruggman, but there is not a quality BSC quarterback on the roster. We have to hope for big recruits or phenomenal leaps in ability come next year

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:21 am

I 'hear' that Murray took a bulk of the snaps yesterday. Not sure if that means they're moving to him as the starter or if that's normal or if they're phasing him in more. Anyone else hear or see the same thing?

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:15 am

jdevries wrote:If you have 2 QBs,... you have none. In the history of football, have you ever seen a championship team with 2 QBs? Ever?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Florida won a championship with Chris Leak as their starter and Tim Tebow as the other QB. So it has been done.

-Elias P. Harmon-

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:58 am

Air Force Cat wrote:There is not a quality starting BSC quarterback on the roster this year, period. There are absolutely other options rather than Bruggman, but there is not a quality BSC quarterback on the roster. We have to hope for big recruits or phenomenal leaps in ability come next year
Ya, I don't know if that's an accurate statement at this point..... I'll tell you after the season plays out. I can tell you at this point I'm taking TB OR Murray over some other BSC QB's right now. Are any of the QB's on our roster going to be the next Lulay, Denarious, or Prukop? Probably not but you never know. Obviously we've been spoiled.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:05 am

catatac wrote:
Air Force Cat wrote:There is not a quality starting BSC quarterback on the roster this year, period. There are absolutely other options rather than Bruggman, but there is not a quality BSC quarterback on the roster. We have to hope for big recruits or phenomenal leaps in ability come next year
Ya, I don't know if that's an accurate statement at this point..... I'll tell you after the season plays out. I can tell you at this point I'm taking TB OR Murray over some other BSC QB's right now. Are any of the QB's on our roster going to be the next Lulay, Denarious, or Prukop? Probably not but you never know. Obviously we've been spoiled.
I think Murray will be a good one, at some point. Remember he's just 17. Choate is bringing him along slowly to minimize his mistakes and get him some quality reps, so that by the time he's ready to start, the game doesn't feel too big for him.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:01 pm

profisme wrote:
jdevries wrote:If you have 2 QBs,... you have none. In the history of football, have you ever seen a championship team with 2 QBs? Ever?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Florida won a championship with Chris Leak as their starter and Tim Tebow as the other QB. So it has been done.
Texas is kind of doing it right now as well. Very similar to our situation. Except their starter is playing pretty well...

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:20 pm

If you compiled all the times a team went with two QBs, you probably find out that they were just as successful as anything else.

nutman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by nutman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Whether it is two QB or one QB, if the offense is one dimensional when they come in it will be easier to defend.

I hope with either, or both of them, we can figure out how to be multi faceted.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:09 pm

nutman wrote:Whether it is two QB or one QB, if the offense is one dimensional when they come in it will be easier to defend.

I hope with either, or both of them, we can figure out how to be multi faceted.
Probably the smartest thing said on here since the start of the football season. =D^

If your left, you aren’t right.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:36 pm

Murray should have redshirted. Bruggman has identical stats to Tyler Thomas. QB play overall will not get better. The defense is way better than I thought and the offense way worse.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Anacomando wrote:Murray should have redshirted. Bruggman has identical stats to Tyler Thomas. QB play overall will not get better. The defense is way better than I thought and the offense way worse.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Here2inform
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Here2inform » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:22 am

I don't know what all the fuss is about a guy that hasn't had more than 40 snaps in college. I seriously don't think he will finish at MSU and probably won't even be back next year. I think the kid is a great talent but, I don't see him as the QB in the type of offense Choate wants to run.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:17 am

Here2inform wrote:I don't know what all the fuss is about a guy that hasn't had more than 40 snaps in college. I seriously don't think he will finish at MSU and probably won't even be back next year. I think the kid is a great talent but, I don't see him as the QB in the type of offense Choate wants to run.
I disagree. If Choate didn't want him, he would've pulled his offer last winter or at least encouraged the kid to look elsewhere. Choate is a straight up guy who tells it like it is.
Plus the fact that Murray is already getting snaps as a 17 year old should tell you everything you need to know about whether Choate wants him on the field.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:24 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:I'm on board with this now. Let's play this kid. He's got moxy. Let him run the O and let's get rolling.
It doesn't hurt to give him more "series" in a game that's for sure. Regarding the idea that Murray is the future of the program, I can't remember the kids name, but the recruit from Idaho IMO fits more closely where Choate wants this team to go from the QB position. He will be here next year!
You're thinking of Tucker Rovig. He's a more traditional pro style quarterback
Yep, that's him! Thanks. Mark it down, he will be our QB by the 4th game of the next season! He IS the QB Choate wants!