Raise a little hell - trooper (3rd down song)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Raise a little hell - trooper (3rd down song)

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:17 am

I didn't read the whole thread, and it has probably been brought up... but what is the deal with playing the star wars song on 4th down?

Maybe I am just totally missing something...... but I don't get that one at all? Is that supposed to get the players and fans pumped up.....

Just play the opening 10 seconds to ACDC Hells Bells and call it good... Or thunderstruck... Guns N Roses run through the jungle... (just off the top of my head)

There is literally hundreds of cool songs you could choose from that would be a good choice for this situation- You could randomly select any 80's rock group/song (like 5,000 options), and it would probably be better than star wars.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:20 am

Cataholic wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
catbooster wrote:
lutecat wrote:
utucats wrote:Watched the hells bells video that was posted and that bell made me miss it more than I already did. It is simply the perfect 3rd down song. PLEASE, bring it back.

I second the "rock this house" complaint. At its best it's still pretty lame.

I think it could be made better if the cheerleaders speed up the cheer. Or gradually speed it up. Rock......This......House.......Rock...this...house...Rock..This..House..Rock.This.House.ROCKTHISHOUSEROCKTHISHOUSEROCKTHISHOUSE>.......
"Rock this house" takes too long to develop and lasts too long. If anyone does yell along in our area, they usually quit after the first couple rounds. Mostly I hear groans or jokes about it when the cheerleaders run out with the signs.
Yeah...the "Rock This House" is probably the single most lamest thing about the gameday experience. Everyone around just makes fun of it. Would love to see it go away. I know there is sponsorship money behind it, so maybe it can replaced with something a little more exciting???
The wave is timeless! My parents like RTH and love yelling along. :bag:
The wave is a great crowd participation stunt! Much better than RTH.

Here is another wild thought. Can we replace RTH with something directed at our rivals to the west? Maybe the whole stadium doing the "Poooorrrrr Grizliieeeesss". (ESGGCG is too vulgar for the PR police). That would be cool! Every single game regardless of who we play. It could be a new tradition! And it would definitely piss off the people in dark maroon!
I hate the Griz as much as anyone, but that comes off as being a bit over the top, in my opinion. Sometimes (and I'm as guilty of it as anyone) we Cat fans can be a little too obsessed with "our rivals to the west". I would love to do that during Cat-Griz (if we are winning), but not every game. It's sort of like when people say they would rather beat the Griz, versus making the playoffs. I don't get that mentality at all.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:35 am

mslacatfan wrote:I didn't read the whole thread, and it has probably been brought up... but what is the deal with playing the star wars song on 4th down?

Maybe I am just totally missing something...... but I don't get that one at all? Is that supposed to get the players and fans pumped up.....

Just play the opening 10 seconds to ACDC Hells Bells and call it good... Or thunderstruck... Guns N Roses run through the jungle... (just off the top of my head)

There is literally hundreds of cool songs you could choose from that would be a good choice for this situation- You could randomly select any 80's rock group/song (like 5,000 options), and it would probably be better than star wars.
Big GnR fan, eh?

Just kiddin ya, but it's Welcome to the Jungle.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:32 am

John K wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
catbooster wrote:
lutecat wrote:
utucats wrote:Watched the hells bells video that was posted and that bell made me miss it more than I already did. It is simply the perfect 3rd down song. PLEASE, bring it back.

I think it could be made better if the cheerleaders speed up the cheer. Or gradually speed it up. Rock......This......House.......Rock...this...house...Rock..This..House..Rock.This.House.ROCKTHISHOUSEROCKTHISHOUSEROCKTHISHOUSE>.......
"Rock this house" takes too long to develop and lasts too long. If anyone does yell along in our area, they usually quit after the first couple rounds. Mostly I hear groans or jokes about it when the cheerleaders run out with the signs.
Yeah...the "Rock This House" is probably the single most lamest thing about the gameday experience. Everyone around just makes fun of it. Would love to see it go away. I know there is sponsorship money behind it, so maybe it can replaced with something a little more exciting???

Here is another wild thought. Can we replace RTH with something directed at our rivals to the west? Maybe the whole stadium doing the "Poooorrrrr Grizliieeeesss". (ESGGCG is too vulgar for the PR police). That would be cool! Every single game regardless of who we play. It could be a new tradition! And it would definitely piss off the people in dark maroon!
I hate the Griz as much as anyone, but that comes off as being a bit over the top, in my opinion. Sometimes (and I'm as guilty of it as anyone) we Cat fans can be a little too obsessed with "our rivals to the west". I would love to do that during Cat-Griz (if we are winning), but not every game. It's sort of like when people say they would rather beat the Griz, versus making the playoffs. I don't get that mentality at all.
Agreed.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:37 am

91catAlum wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:I didn't read the whole thread, and it has probably been brought up... but what is the deal with playing the star wars song on 4th down?

Big GnR fan, eh?

ha! yeah, you know what I meant. ](*,)

FTG- GO CATS GO!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:53 am

mslacatfan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Big GnR fan, eh?

ha! yeah, you know what I meant. ](*,)
Isn't "Run Through The Jungle" an old CCR song, for those of us who are old enough to remember?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:15 pm

John K wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
catbooster wrote:
lutecat wrote:

I can understand your viewpoint, but isn't that the beauty of an intense rivalry? More than anything, I was thinking of something that no body else has... Like the red turf... Or the golden dome... Something that says MSU... What better than a jab aimed at our rivals every single game. We already boo when they announce a Griz score. Let's take it to the next level.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:31 pm

I don't hear the songs. guess i'm too busy yelling... :-^

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:02 pm

ilovethecats wrote:I don't hear the songs. guess i'm too busy yelling... :-^
I was ringing my cow bell so hard at the last game, that the metal ball/dingy part busted off, went flying about 2 rows down and almost killed some guy...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:32 pm

When I was in school in the early 90's, ESG GCG and Pooooooor grizzlies were mainstays. It didn't matter who we played,those were common cheers. Especially started in the student section. I say F the pc crowd. Rip on the griz all the time. With Choate at the helm, I foresee wins against the Western School of Dance as regular occurrences.

Wow I hit a nerve, complaining about the RTH cheer. Glad I'm not alone. Dumb cheer

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BuckFutter
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BuckFutter » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Here I am at the game and the third down song is the hum song or whatever

Not bad, but everyone in here said hells bells

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:00 pm

BuckFutter wrote:Here I am at the game and the third down song is the hum song or whatever

:thumbdown:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:08 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
BuckFutter wrote:Here I am at the game and the third down song is the hum song or whatever

[emoji107]
Seven Nation Army on 4th down (and we heard it a lot!) was great though! Students, when they were still there, were doing great with that one. Hell's Bells on 3rd and keep that for 4th.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:41 pm

kmax wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

[emoji107]
Seven Nation Army on 4th down (and we heard it a lot!) was great though! Students, when they were still there, were doing great with that one. Hell's Bells on 3rd and keep that for 4th.

It wasn't hells bells

It was Metallica For Whom The Bell Tolls.

I prefer AC/DC but it was better .

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:42 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
kmax wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

[emoji107]

It wasn't hells bells

It was Metallica For Whom The Bell Tolls.

I prefer AC/DC but it was better .
I know it wasn't, I was saying put Hell's Bells back in for 3rd down and keep the 4th down and we have a solid set.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Seems like there is 90%+ desire for a return of hells bells and yet somehow it has not made a return.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 pm

I actually prefer "For Whom The Bell Tolls" opening vs. AC/DC. Much more of a driving beat than the slow guitar opening of Hells Bells. Don't get me wrong, I love both

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:29 pm

tdub wrote:I actually prefer "For Whom The Bell Tolls" opening vs. AC/DC. Much more of a driving beat than the slow guitar opening of Hells Bells. Don't get me wrong, I love both
I really liked it as well.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:32 pm

I actually really liked the 3rd downs today. Music selection was way better. Energy of the crowd was good feeding off the music. Some of the new cams were expected and went over better. Good job Brittany.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:37 pm

lutecat wrote:I actually really liked the 3rd downs today. Music selection was way better. Energy of the crowd was good feeding off the music. Some of the new cams were expected and went over better. Good job Brittany.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Bethany.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.