Bruggman is Tyler Thomas

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bruggman is Tyler Thomas

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:09 pm

I think our Anaconda friend is forgetting just how terrible Tyler Thomas was. The jury is definitely still out on Brugman, however I thought he did some nice things, but definitely has room to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Ok by game 6 we can make the call if this is true...

gtfcat84
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gtfcat84 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:28 pm

Only if you can guarantee that Chris Murray is Travis Lulay.

'You can't ride home on a bowl of goat' - Ron White

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:24 am

gtfcat84 wrote:Only if you can guarantee that Chris Murray is Travis Lulay.
Or McGhee. :D

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Anacomando wrote:I've seen enough he plays nervous. Play Murray rest of the year. I know it's one half. Doesn't change how I feel.
You ready to call that after two halves of football? SMH. Worthless OP.
I saw in one half what 20k now see. Worthless post huh?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:13 am

Guess you should find a career in recruiting or scouting, you clearly have a gift.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:32 am

CelticCat wrote:Guess you should find a career in recruiting or scouting, you clearly have a gift.

Yeah, I gotta side with Anacomando on this one...... You don't need to be an NFL scout to see that Bruggman was missing something. After the first half of the Idaho game, everyone in the room I was watching the game with basically said the same thing. There is that "it" factor missing with Bruggman (among other things).

It is definitely a bit of a head scratcher why it has taken the coaching staff this long to realize that...... Murray is not ready either (too young/inexperienced), but he still brings more to the table than Bruggman.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:32 pm

I'll give him credit for getting that right, but I'm not all that impressed. A broken clock tells the right time twice a day. A lot of people suspected that Bruggman wasn't all that great during the first game, but no one knew that, including Anacomando.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:04 pm

You'll recall Tyler Thomas was not coach Kramers first quaterback in 2000. That would be Azimi. Thomas transferred in from Oregon State in '01. He actually put up decent numbers for the roughly season and a half he played. After the 2000 season (0-11) Thomas came in in '01 and the Cats went 5-6. They were off to a 2-2 start in '02, getting beaten by a good Washington State team 28-45. I thought Thomas did a fine job in that game. His downfall came the next week in a loss to DII Central Washington..16-31. Kramer sat him down and that was the end. He had started 16 games and went 7-9. RS freshman Lulay took over and after a loss vs Idaho State, went 5-2, breaking the streak along the way. To Thomas' credit, his attitude was "team first". Not trying to rewrite history, just trying to see the other view. In his 16 game MSU career he threw for 3,209 yards and 28 touchdowns.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:32 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:You'll recall Tyler Thomas was not coach Kramers first quaterback in 2000. That would be Azimi. Thomas transferred in from Oregon State in '01. He actually put up decent numbers for the roughly season and a half he played. After the 2000 season (0-11) Thomas came in in '01 and the Cats went 5-6. They were off to a 2-2 start in '02, getting beaten by a good Washington State team 28-45. I thought Thomas did a fine job in that game. His downfall came the next week in a loss to DII Central Washington..16-31. Kramer sat him down and that was the end. He had started 16 games and went 7-9. RS freshman Lulay took over and after a loss vs Idaho State, went 5-2, breaking the streak along the way. To Thomas' credit, his attitude was "team first". Not trying to rewrite history, just trying to see the other view. In his 16 game MSU career he threw for 3,209 yards and 28 touchdowns.
I always thought he got a bad rap. It felt like he didn't get any help. O line wouldn't block, receivers had really bad drops. But put in Lulay and the whole team just performed better. TB struggled, and has never been ready to be a BSC starter, but holy cow, did his receivers drop a lot of the balls that were actually thrown well.