Cat Chat

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Cat Chat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:51 pm

https://twitter.com/msubobcats/status/767503998827962373
The onset of Montana State's 2016 football season revives a long-time tradition, when Cat Chat debuts on August 24.

The weekly live radio show begins each Wednesday night at 6:30 pm and originates from The Club Tavern & Grill inside the Best Western GranTree Inn at 1235 N. 7th Ave. in Bozeman. Voice of the Bobcats Jay Sanderson interviews MSU coach Jeff Choate in front of a live audience. The show airs live across the state on the Bobcat Radio Network and on-line at msubobcats.com/watch.

Cat Chat offers Bobcat fans the opportunity to participate this season by submitting questions through Twitter to Coach Choate. Fans are asked to submit questions to Sanderson @MSUBobcatsVoice with the tag #ASKCHOATE. Each week features a segment with an assistant coach, as well.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

lutecat
Member # Retired

Re: Cat Chat

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Sweet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:58 pm

It's on. Missed the first 15 min. Mess talking now. Newell Brekke leaders. Smart people. Won't miss routes, reads, pass pro. Talked about physicality of the offense. If a guard isn't engaged then get over and remind the nose guard you're there, ect. Weird listening to a Mtn hot tub ad that's not Ash. He came here as a player and Bradley hung 5 or 6 TDs on them. Knew Armstrong from Florida when Armstrong was a head coach down there. Volleyball on now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SAE94
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by SAE94 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:14 am

I was there. Only caught last 5 minutes of Messingham. Choate was asked from an audience question about most improved player. He mentioned Noah James as really having stepped up after being dinged up and ginger in Spring ball. Talked about keeping all three kickers since none have any experience in college football, apparently they each are good at either punting, kickoff or field goals. Gregorak talked about Tucker Yates and Zach Wright as being workman-like and leaders and talked about adding 600# of defensive line beef in Fou and Hayashi. He also talked about Khari and McCabe as a complimentary odd couple. Khari being silky smooth in coverage that likes to hit and McCabe as someone who looks to hit. Blake Braun as steady Eddy. Seems like Jesse Clark was mentioned in a good way. Leon Costello was there also, going through the crowd and visiting people. Choate made reference to his appearance to cheers from the crowd. Getting closer to paring down 1's and 2's. Missed quite a bit, tough to feed a couple of little kids and absorb all of the conversation. Nothing earth shattering was revealed, but an enjoyable evening.

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:09 am

I listened for the first time. It was not on the Bobcat Radio Network 790 AM in Billings, as the MSU Bobcat website advertises. But I like that I can pick it up on msubobcats.com\watch. I missed the first minutes as I waited for my computer to start-up. It was fun to sip a beer and listen to the interviews and audience. Highly recommended. Obviously it won't be on next week, since the team is traveling.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire