August 19 scrimmage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: August 19 scrimmage

Post by onceacat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:39 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
iaafan wrote:Grizaddict: I think you're over emphasizing stats and electric plays. Prukop had those, but when it came to making plays when the game was on the line, or even a first down on a key drive, he didn't come through very often. He was great when the other team had a big lead and perhaps softened up on defense. I don't think too many people are focused on the transfers making the team better, but rather the coaching. The only transfer that is listed as a starter on defense is Walker.
We won't miss hiccup one bit at QB. Can we stop using his name and get on with life! He hurt us more than helped us last year. I think we should have had a more balanced attack and slower paced offense to give the defense more time off the field. That would help the defense make stops.
9-2 with a win in Kitty Dome and lose in California and SUU.
Dakota and the offense was the only reason we were competitive in any games last year. Were they inconsistent? Absolutely. But the defense was inept at nearly every aspect last year.
In the 5 games we won last year, we could have started a high school QB and won. In 3 sorta close games (UND, EWU, NAU) having a great QB kept it close, but ultimately it didn't matter. In the blowouts (SUU, UM, PSU) Joe Montana wouldn't have helped. So why are you guys worried about QB? Prukop, while clearly a top FCS QB and a legit competitor for starting QB at Oregon, made ZERO difference last year. Face it, the cats were "over-quarter backed" last year.

Bruggs, Folsom, or Murray are all perfectly capably of QBing this team to a winning record.

RAshJudgement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RAshJudgement » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:42 am

LynnP wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:Man the lack of confidence in our team is crazy! Why does everyone continue acting like our poor defense from last year hasnt had 9 months to grow, mature and get better? After all that is what the off-season, spring and fall are for right? With the addition of a defensive minded head coach, and the transfers we added I think it is totally fair to expect at least middle of the pack D this year. More often than not people make a huge deal about losing O lineman too, and more often than not it doesn't matter. There is still plenty of game experience on the line. We have without a doubt the best RBs in the conference and a top 3 receiving corps. Never having been a head coach means nothing at all either. If you can coach you can coach, whether it's year 1 or 20. Of course he will still learn a lot through the years but every head coach continues to learn and evolve, or falls behind and loses his job. We have every reason to be optimistic, and have the same outlook as we have the last 15 years. Conference title and a playoff run.
GCAT60
Very well said!!!!. Confidence in our team is needed. This a new year.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Isn't the mantra from the last three years.......
"We Can't get any worse?"

But, did......

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:00 am

RAshJudgement wrote:
LynnP wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:Man the lack of confidence in our team is crazy! Why does everyone continue acting like our poor defense from last year hasnt had 9 months to grow, mature and get better? After all that is what the off-season, spring and fall are for right? With the addition of a defensive minded head coach, and the transfers we added I think it is totally fair to expect at least middle of the pack D this year. More often than not people make a huge deal about losing O lineman too, and more often than not it doesn't matter. There is still plenty of game experience on the line. We have without a doubt the best RBs in the conference and a top 3 receiving corps. Never having been a head coach means nothing at all either. If you can coach you can coach, whether it's year 1 or 20. Of course he will still learn a lot through the years but every head coach continues to learn and evolve, or falls behind and loses his job. We have every reason to be optimistic, and have the same outlook as we have the last 15 years. Conference title and a playoff run.
GCAT60

But, did......
3 years?? Don't you wish.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 am

RAshJudgement wrote:
LynnP wrote:
GCAT60

But, did......
Fairly certain that's the egriz mantra, the dumpster fire that grows year after year.

RAshJudgement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RAshJudgement » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:16 am

can't you count? :^o

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:20 am

RAshJudgement wrote:can't you count? :^o
It's BearAxed.

Go Dark Brandon!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 am

RAshJudgement wrote:can't you count? :^o

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RAshJudgement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RAshJudgement » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:24 am

i wish......
that guy is epic

RAshJudgement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RAshJudgement » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:32 pm

a couple of pretty good bobcat high lites

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:41 pm

RAshJudgement wrote:a couple of pretty good bobcat high lites
*Highlights

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RAshJudgement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RAshJudgement » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:09 pm

ya think? :roll:

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:55 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
RAshJudgement wrote:a couple of pretty good bobcat high lites
*Highlights
Cut him a break. UM is a dance and theater school, not one of those fancy shmancy learnin' places with books and stuff!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:05 pm

You're gonna miss Prukop this year. No doubt about it.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:42 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:You're gonna miss Prukop this year. No doubt about it.
Thanks John Madden.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:45 pm

RAshJudgement wrote:i wish......
that guy is epic
Good thing for you - that mental midget is a dipsiht loser if ever there was one...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:23 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Thanks John Madden.
:lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:56 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Thanks John Madden.
Best comeback of the year!! =D^ =D^ I'm also glad griz1 emphasized "you're gonna miss", I guess that's why we are second in your world. :lol:

If your left, you aren’t right.