Prukop on TV

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Prukop on TV

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Sitting in the Oregon meeting room (front row) watching his teammate Devon Allen get ready to run 110m hurdle final in the Olympics. Nbc has a camera on them.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Prukop on TV

Post by Cledus » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Sitting in the Oregon meeting room (front row) watching his teammate Devon Allen get ready to run 110m hurdle final in the Olympics. Nbc has a camera on them.
Yeah, I just noticed that and came over to BN to see if anyone else did. Pretty cool.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:24 pm

I saw that as well, seems to be fitting in.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:28 pm

He's looking like the presumptive starter right now and had a fairy good scrimmage. The coach said this could still pendulum back before UC Davis, but for now the #9 looks like he's winning the competition.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Everything I have read indicates the talent level is close, but his leadership and huddle command is far and above better. I wish him well!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Barring injury, Prukop is the starter according to all "insider" accounts, but until Helfrich names him so I won't pop the champagne.

The QB surprise at Oregon from media and player reports is how true freshman Justin Herbert is pushing Travis Jonsen for the back-up spot and outplayed Jonsen by a mile in a scrimmage earlier this week. I'm sure Mitch is proud of baby bro. There hasn't been a buzz about a true FR QB at fall camp since some guy named Mariato or Mrroboto or something like that. Anyone know what happened to that dude?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Garretson ought to thrive under McGiven this year in Corvallis after transferring from Utah State. It's a shame he had to sit out a year...

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Who is this Prukop kid of which you speak? :coffee:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:26 pm

catsrback76 wrote:Who is this Prukop kid of which you speak? :coffee:
He's a kid who played for MSU. Won 52 percent of all the games he started. McGiven was the offensive coordinator before the guy at Nevada now. He's coaching in Corvallis, a school with a lot more in common with MSU as far as academics than the one this kid you're asking about decided to transfer to after graduating. You know the school, Dennis Erickson coached them for a while and Wayne Tinkle is coaching their basketball team. I think he took the Beavers to the NCAA tournament. I've always preferred Beaver to Ducks anyway...but maybe that's just me. I like the brewery in Wibaux for that very reason because of their marketing motto...

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:12 am

Cat Grad wrote:
He's a kid who played for MSU. Won 52 percent of all the games he started. McGiven was the offensive coordinator before the guy at Nevada now. He's coaching in Corvallis, a school with a lot more in common with MSU as far as academics than the one this kid you're asking about decided to transfer to after graduating. You know the school, Dennis Erickson coached them for a while and Wayne Tinkle is coaching their basketball team. I think he took the Beavers to the NCAA tournament. I've always preferred Beaver to Ducks anyway...but maybe that's just me. I like the brewery in Wibaux for that very reason because of their marketing motto...
:lol:

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:51 am

Walk-on wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Yes - love that Wibaux Brewery!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:15 pm

JDoub wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Yes - love that Wibaux Brewery!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 083190 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:32 pm

This might be the first time I have been happy that a thread got hijacked!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:45 pm

083190 wrote:This might be the first time I have been happy that a thread got hijacked!
Just don't stick your tongue out...