Scanning Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Scanning Idaho

Post by John K » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:03 pm

catpound wrote:
catscat wrote:
RickRund wrote:Well, after reading that forum we will drop our opener by 4-5 touchdowns. I really have no idea why a game against such a power house was ever sceduled. And to top it off NO.ONE on this forum knows squat about football...
I guess that is a good synopsis...
Pretty good synopsis, however, you forgot the part about us being arrogant and annoying just like coach Choate.

Ya, I love the annoying coach Choate part...have they forgotten they have the most annoying coach of all time in Petrino, the most annoying next to his brother that is.
I think Stitt is far more annoying than either of the Petrinos.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Rich K wrote:The Vandal opinion of us:

http://www.scout.com/college/idaho/foru ... discussion

Bump for those of you that are hungry for something to read as we get closer.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Interesting predictions here by vandal fans.

https://www.thevandalnation.com/footbal ... ana-state/

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 am

Man I just lost 30 minutes of my life I will never get back. About the only sane poster was Celtic Cat and the davey dude from UI.

I hope we stay within reach, if its a close game I consider that a win.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:41 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:Man I just lost 30 minutes of my life I will never get back. About the only sane poster was Celtic Cat and the davey dude from UI.

I hope we stay within reach, if its a close game I consider that a win.
Ha ha! Very true.

I was surprised how many of their staffers expect a loss.

A win would be awesome for us, but I also feel less than a two score loss may be a positive.

I am cautiously optimistic, however the coaches have been pretty good about not disclosing much.

We will see how we are in some key areas, QB being a big one. If Bruggman/Messingham can spread the ball around when we need to and the defense provide a plus two we will get it done.

If I can finish up early enough today I am headed out, otherwise leaving in the early a.m.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:14 am

Mr Lisle wrote:Idaho has been in the same place as the Bobcats, only much longer. Their defense has been a long-time problem. As bad as the Bobcat D seemed last year...gave up 337 points, Idaho's was much worse. They gave up 505. And this has been on-going. 410 in 2014, 561-2013, 509-2012.
Last season they went 4-8 and their fans are talking perhaps a conference championship and a bowl game this year. Hard to understand. Their four wins came vs. FCS Wofford (5-6) 41-38, Troy (4-8) 19-16, LA Monroe (2-11) 27-13 and Texas State (3-9) 38-31.
They did play Southern Cal (9-59) and Auburn (34-56) last year, but it's hard separating those two from the rest of the schedule. They gave up 45 to Ohio, Appy State-47, Arkansas State-49, South Alabama-52, New Mexico State-55. Digging into the 2016 roster a bit shows some experience and talent in the secondary. Hard to tell tho'. These are guys who started the last year or two. The defensive line is potentially huge and returns a couple of studs. But the unit is still very suspect.
The offense looks solid. Talent at QB, receivers and a big, experienced offensive line.
This looks like another opener with Eastern. If our defense hasn't improved by a bunch Idaho is going to put up numbers.
In games like this special teams are often the difference. And the CATS can't give Idaho any short field turnovers....limited mistakes.
This game should be very interesting. The Bobcats will go in as underdogs for sure, but it is a game they can win.
That's why our kicking game worries me. Bad punts will cost us I fear.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:57 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Idaho has been in the same place as the Bobcats, only much longer. Their defense has been a long-time problem. As bad as the Bobcat D seemed last year...gave up 337 points, Idaho's was much worse. They gave up 505. And this has been on-going. 410 in 2014, 561-2013, 509-2012.
Last season they went 4-8 and their fans are talking perhaps a conference championship and a bowl game this year. Hard to understand. Their four wins came vs. FCS Wofford (5-6) 41-38, Troy (4-8) 19-16, LA Monroe (2-11) 27-13 and Texas State (3-9) 38-31.
They did play Southern Cal (9-59) and Auburn (34-56) last year, but it's hard separating those two from the rest of the schedule. They gave up 45 to Ohio, Appy State-47, Arkansas State-49, South Alabama-52, New Mexico State-55. Digging into the 2016 roster a bit shows some experience and talent in the secondary. Hard to tell tho'. These are guys who started the last year or two. The defensive line is potentially huge and returns a couple of studs. But the unit is still very suspect.
The offense looks solid. Talent at QB, receivers and a big, experienced offensive line.
This looks like another opener with Eastern. If our defense hasn't improved by a bunch Idaho is going to put up numbers.
In games like this special teams are often the difference. And the CATS can't give Idaho any short field turnovers....limited mistakes.
This game should be very interesting. The Bobcats will go in as underdogs for sure, but it is a game they can win.
That's why our kicking game worries me. Bad punts will cost us I fear.
I am more nervous about Field Goals.... do we even know who the FG kicker is yet?...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:26 pm

man their board is difficult to handle.

I can't get over their rational, or lack thereof about attendance! it's like they've conceded the fact that their attendance will suck no matter what. nothing will change the fact that their attendance will blow. history has shown that the only thing that increased their attendance even a smidge was playing fbs ball.

I honestly can't grasp the logic. it's like saying they should play in the nfl because obviously they'd draw closer to 20,000 playing the seahawks than they will playing northern Colorado... #-o

my take is their fans have conceded they suck. they agreed that they are a lost cause. it's impossible that they could join the big sky and be national contenders. and even if they do...fans won't come. facilities won't change. if this is truly the case, then I don't think they should have sports at all. it's a complete waste of money. they don't believe they can win, and if they do win they are convinced the fanbase won't change. on that note, if they were national contenders in the fcs and their attendance didn't increase, they'd be the first to ever have that happen to them in the history of our division. and if that happened, i'd want them as far away from the big sky as possible.

I left that place almost feeling bad for them. sorry for them that they have no faith in their team or their program. sadly that they don't understand winning boosts programs in nearly every aspect. sad that they are so delusional they can't se what is right in front of their face!

getting real excited for tomorrow night though! =D^

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:38 pm

I swear, I'm about ready to jump out of my skin waiting for tomorrow! I've been half tempted to start a Gameday thread with stat comparisons of both teams, but I've been waiting for someone with that upper tier* touch to start it, because if I started it, it wouldn't be upper tier 8-[

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:32 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:I swear, I'm about ready to jump out of my skin waiting for tomorrow! I've been half tempted to start a Gameday thread with stat comparisons of both teams, but I've been waiting for someone with that upper tier* touch to start it, because if I started it, it wouldn't be upper tier 8-[
I'm right there with ya man!! Tomorrow night at the Galt residence we are partying at 4:45, yard olympics and food, can't wait!!

If your left, you aren’t right.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:39 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:I swear, I'm about ready to jump out of my skin waiting for tomorrow! I've been half tempted to start a Gameday thread with stat comparisons of both teams, but I've been waiting for someone with that upper tier* touch to start it, because if I started it, it wouldn't be upper tier 8-[

I agree. I have been hoping somebody with some talent would set up a gameday thread a week or two ahead of each game.
Included in thread, links to all media relevent to the game, links to all game day broadcasts (cable, satellite, rabbit ears, online, radio)
Most of the threads here could've been included as well as links to competitors blog.

Just a thought. Anyone?

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
I'm right there with ya man!! Tomorrow night at the Galt residence we are partying at 4:45, yard olympics and food, can't wait!!
The Galt residence is the s&$t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:42 pm

John K wrote:
catpound wrote:
catscat wrote:
RickRund wrote:Well, after reading that forum we will drop our opener by 4-5 touchdowns. I really have no idea why a game against such a power house was ever sceduled. And to top it off NO.ONE on this forum knows squat about football...
I guess that is a good synopsis...
Pretty good synopsis, however, you forgot the part about us being arrogant and annoying just like coach Choate.

Ya, I love the annoying coach Choate part...have they forgotten they have the most annoying coach of all time in Petrino, the most annoying next to his brother that is.
I think Stitt is far more annoying than either of the Petrinos.
Why thank you kindly! With that said.....less than 24 hrs. FTV!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:43 pm

Hitting the road from Bozeman at 7 in the tail gate van!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Have a blast! I'll be glued to the computer, probably doing updates in the game day thread if no one else is.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 pm

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:43 am

How many Bobcat fans are expected in the Kiddie dome?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:47 am

I've been at work for an hour, and I already can't take this sh*t! I think I may be coming down with the flu... :suds:

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:58 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:I've been at work for an hour, and I already can't take this sh*t! I think I may be coming down with the flu... :suds:
I've got golf league tonight so i'll miss the first half of the damn game.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:09 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:I've been at work for an hour, and I already can't take this sh*t! I think I may be coming down with the flu... :suds:
I've got golf league tonight so i'll miss the first half of the damn game.
OR.... you could just skip golf league.

FTG- GO CATS GO!