Troy Anderson S/QB Dillon, MT COMMITS!!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Troy Anderson S/QB Dillon, MT COMMITS!!!!

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:25 pm

This is a VERY exciting in-state commit, this kid can PLAY \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
https://twitter.com/troy_andersen/status/755172510350532608 http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4301574/troy-andersen
Last edited by RobertCats on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlyCastingCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Troy Anderson S/QB Dillon, MT COMMITS!!!!

Post by FlyCastingCat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Nice! Choate and company know how to recruit!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:42 pm

I think we are looking at him to play receiver. But he is an athlete and he could play linebacker or safety. Really talented athlete and good kid. Will have a full scouting report on him before his senior season. All I know is high school coaches have been making Matt Miller comparisons with Troy in terms of overall athleticism.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:53 pm

VimSince03 wrote:I think we are looking at him to play receiver. But he is an athlete and he could play linebacker or safety. Really talented athlete and good kid. Will have a full scouting report on him before his senior season. All I know is high school coaches have been making Matt Miller comparisons with Troy in terms of overall athleticism.
He it's a good one, hope for cats be sticks. MWC and PAC12 looks.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:15 pm

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:I think we are looking at him to play receiver. But he is an athlete and he could play linebacker or safety. Really talented athlete and good kid. Will have a full scouting report on him before his senior season. All I know is high school coaches have been making Matt Miller comparisons with Troy in terms of overall athleticism.
He it's a good one, hope for cats be sticks. MWC and PAC12 looks.
Been drinking Scats (grammar check)? Utah and Nebraska have interest.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:37 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
He it's a good one, hope for cats he sticks. MWC and PAC12 looks.
Been drinking Scats (grammar check)? Utah and Nebraska have interest.
Utah is PAC12 and yes there are Mountain West teams interested

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Great pick up, great flim, he has the size and speed to play either side of the ball. He was always in the spot light during last year's season. HUGE recruit, welcome to Bobcat Country!

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Very nice pickup! The kid is a complete athlete and comes from a super family. I have known his dad for a long time, an MSU grad in ag business. Welcome to Bobcat Nation good to tap into a strong Dillon football pipeline!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:20 pm

superbobcat wrote:Very nice pickup! The kid is a complete athlete and comes from a super family. I have known his dad for a long time, an MSU grad in ag business. Welcome to Bobcat Nation good to tap into a strong Dillon football pipeline!
Extremely athletic. State champ in 100, 200, basketball last school year. Runner up in football. Probably other accolades.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:Very nice pickup! The kid is a complete athlete and comes from a super family. I have known his dad for a long time, an MSU grad in ag business. Welcome to Bobcat Nation good to tap into a strong Dillon football pipeline!
Extremely athletic. State champ in 100, 200, basketball last school year. Runner up in football. Probably other accolades.
2015:

Football -

Class A All-State
Southwestern A Conference Offensive MVP
Southwestern A First Team All-Conference - QB and Safety

Basketball -

Southwestern A First Team All-Conference
State A All-Tourney Team

Track -

1st Place - State A 100m - 11.12 (ran 11.05 in prelims)
1st Place - State A 200m - 22.42

2014:

Track -

2nd Place - State A 110 Hurdles - 15.06
4th Place - State A 300 Hurdles - 40.38

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:18 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:Nice! Choate and company know how to recruit!
While I think Choate and the new staff will be good recruiters, I think in this case Troy was going to be Bobcat from the get-go if he stays FCS. His dad and brother are MSU grads and he has a sister running track there. This isn't to say the Griz didn't want him (because they did) but more that they didn't have a very good chance. Congrats on a good pick up. This kid is a good one.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
While I think Choate and the new staff will be good recruiters, I think in this case Troy was going to be Bobcat from the get-go if he stays FCS. His dad and brother are MSU grads and he has a sister running track there. This isn't to say the Griz didn't want him (because they did) but more that they didn't have a very good chance. Congrats on a good pick up. This kid is a good one.
I agree, and I think that is the case for most in-state kids. Families are generally bobcats or grizzlies, and when it comes for a guy to pick his school he will often go to where his family has gone.

Jesse Simms, Colin Bingham and others come to mind for the Griz
Balue Chapman, Derek Marks come to mind for Cats

Granted there are some exceptions, but guys like Andersen were heavy MSU leans no matter what . .. I think same goes for Keaton Anderson and Jaxen Hashley.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Contrary to what you said, I work with a guy who's cousin played bball and football for Dillon this last year and is good friends with Troy and he said otherwise. My co-worker was playing in a best ball tournament in Dillon 2 weeks ago the word circulating on the golf course was in fact that Troy was seriously considering Missoula, to the point that when I just told him that he committed to the Cats he was really surprised. So I would say it was a hard fought recruiting battle.

If your left, you aren’t right.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Contrary to what you said, I work with a guy who's cousin played bball and football for Dillon this last year and is good friends with Troy and he said otherwise. My co-worker was playing in a best ball tournament in Dillon 2 weeks ago the word circulating on the golf course was in fact that Troy was seriously considering Missoula, to the point that when I just told him that he committed to the Cats he was really surprised. So I would say it was a hard fought recruiting battle.
It came down to the offer. Most of these come down to the offer. For example, regardless of where you are at on the rivalry, if MSU or UM offers you more than the other, the kid will usually choose to go to the higher offer. College major also comes into play but team fandom goes out the window if you get a full-ride from one school and a PWO from the other.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
I agree, and I think that is the case for most in-state kids. Families are generally bobcats or grizzlies, and when it comes for a guy to pick his school he will often go to where his family has gone.

Granted there are some exceptions, but guys like Andersen were heavy MSU leans no matter what . .. I think same goes for Keaton Anderson and Jaxen Hashley.
I would say Keaton is more of a 50/50 recruit because he has gotten interest and/or offers from many schools in the Big Sky and some FBS schools. Jaxen is almost a guarantee to choose MSU but the offer needs to right and FBS schools may come into play.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I would say Keaton is more of a 50/50 recruit because he has gotten interest and/or offers from many schools in the Big Sky and some FBS schools. Jaxen is almost a guarantee to choose MSU but the offer needs to right and FBS schools may come into play.
Troy is the real deal..so is Jaxen (he's got size....lot's of it). Keaton is very good, and is poised to have a great Senior year.
If we can hang on to Troy, and if we get Keaton and Jaxen, then we have the start of a GREAT in-state class for next year.
Stay healthy everyone, Bobcat or not.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Troy is the real deal..so is Jaxen (he's got size....lot's of it). Keaton is very good, and is poised to have a great Senior year.
If we can hang on to Troy, and if we get Keaton and Jaxen, then we have the start of a GREAT in-state class for next year.
Stay healthy everyone, Bobcat or not.
When I put out the rankings per position, everyone is going to see how loaded the WR, OLB, and Safety positions are in this class. The Cats and Griz aren't going to be able to offer all of them. There are definitely going to be some really talented kids who are fans of one of the teams and don't get offered by that team, just because of the volume at the positions. For example, I think there are seven safeties in the 2017 class that can play FCS football. Troy Andersen has committed to the Cats and Michael McGinnis has committed to the Grizzlies. That leaves players like Tadan Gilman, Keaton Anderson, Casey Cole, Luke Gonsioroski, and Tanner Wilson. If we get to pair Troy Andersen with any of those five kids listed, it would be a success. Same goes for the OLB and WR positions. They are really deep so I don't think there really will be a loser coming out of this next in-state recruiting cycle. Both teams are going to get a lot of talented kids and there likely won't be enough offers to go around so some of these kids will have decisions to make or just won't get offered.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:50 am

Andersen hopes to be first domino in in-state recruiting battle
http://skylinesportsmt.com/andersen-commits-to-msu/

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:22 am

Anderson and the Beavers knocked out Whitefish 47-0 in re-match of last year's Class A title game.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber