Game day experience ideas.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: Game day experience ideas.

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:37 pm

For run in music...

Welcome to the Jungle : Guns and Roses.
Nazareth: Hair of the Dog follows this one.

Sorry that they are old skool but they still work!

Hell Bells of course.... with Enter the Sandman must be staples for the fans!

fatcatsat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by fatcatsat » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:14 pm

I would like the idea of a single game RV tailgate.. as a parent i can't justify paying an annual RV camp spot to tailgate. But certainly on a 1 or 2 game basis would be great and probably generate some extra revenue as don't believe i would be alone..

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Cataholic wrote:
catscat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:How about an honorary captain for each home game. They should be the greats of Bobcat past. Denariuus, Lulay, Kirk, Sonny Holland, Fletcher, Person, etc. They would lead the Cat walk and join in on the coin toss. We might get more people to attend the Cat walk
How about picking one student and one non-student who are in their seats for the second half kickoff to be honorary captains at the next game and help the Bobcat great honorary captain lead the Cat Prowl and attend the coin toss.
I like the idea of incentivizing fans to be in their seats at halftime, but it might take away from the honor of having a legendary Bobcat represent the team.

I have another idea for halftime. Let's find a halftime sponsor like Costco. One seat will be picked with 2:00 minutes to the second half kickoff to receive a $1,000 Costco card. If the seat is not occupied, a new seat is chosen until a winner is picked. That will provide an incentive for a lot of people to be back in their seats. For a company like Costco, it will be great advertising! Major exposure for only $1,000.
Although I like the money incentive idea above, another idea to get people in there seats for halftime kickoff could be spicing up halftime entertainment. Maybe combine Spirit of the West with a parachute landing or do the flyover at halftime! That would be awesome!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Another idea: How about a taste of Bozeman area for pre-game? I know food is part of tailgating, but Kagy outside of the stadium could be perfect for food vendors. Maybe restraunts like Famous Daves, carinos or small local outfits. MSU could charge a nominal fee and many people would be closer to the Cat walk. It would give people another reason to wander over to the Catwalk.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Cataholic wrote:Another idea: How about a taste of Bozeman area for pre-game? I know food is part of tailgating, but Kagy outside of the stadium could be perfect for food vendors. Maybe restraunts like Famous Daves, carinos or small local outfits. MSU could charge a nominal fee and many people would be closer to the Cat walk. It would give people another reason to wander over to the Catwalk.
That's actually a really good idea. Good place for food trucks too.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:50 pm

catsrback76 wrote:For run in music...

Welcome to the Jungle : Guns and Roses.
Nazareth: Hair of the Dog follows this one.

Sorry that they are old skool but they still work!

Hell Bells of course.... with Enter the Sandman must be staples for the fans!
For instant replays: http://youtu.be/8N_tupPBtWQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:34 pm

I've been rather disappointed with the use of social media twitter/instagram/facebook on the big screen during games. It's not too difficult to establish a couple of gameday hashtags everyone could use while taking photos before and during the game, that can be sifted through, to put up on the big screen. Maybe coordinate 2 hashtags together #msubobcats #smile to go along with the smile cam that people may or may not be even paying attention to to know that they are even on the big screen. Everyone has their phones/cameras out all the time anyway, might as well have tailgaters/fans/alumni/students who are supporting the team during the game help promote the gameday experience other than just yelling while in the stadium.

On the other hand, I have been very pleased that the coaching staff has done an amazing job of using social networks to help promote the program. Always posting inspirational quotes or great scenic pics of the area for the recruits to see. That appears to be a quick and effect way to constantly and consistently be in a player's/recruits thoughts. Kids are on social so much that those simple things are a great gentle reminders of the program.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:08 am

#bestideasofar #seriouslythisneedstohaopen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:09 pm

The POINT of owning a stadium is to WATCH THE GAME and YELL IN THE STADIUM no? The video-tron should be getting used for replays and advertisers who help defer some costs of the game. Social media is a distraction in a stadium venue where you are SUPPOSED TO YELL. Oh the prophetic things that Einstein guy said huh?

AKCat1

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Oooooh yea. Kiss cam and media breaks. I'm a genius. I think the military is missing a GREAT recruiting tool for every game they don't do a flyover too.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:36 am

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:36 am

Re-do the east grandstand to match the south EZ and bowl in the north EZ. As much as bowling in the north EZ improved the game day experience, that renovation would have triple the effect.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:38 am

Thinking an annual tailgate chili competition would be fun event.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:30 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Re-do the east grandstand to match the south EZ and bowl in the north EZ. As much as bowling in the north EZ improved the game day experience, that renovation would have triple the effect.
I would build a large athletic building buttressed against the south end zone. It would have large glass/reflective Windows as to reflect the field and crowd during game day. Of course it would be a state of art building that would encompass all facets of student athlete life.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:14 pm

Common Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Re-do the east grandstand to match the south EZ and bowl in the north EZ. As much as bowling in the north EZ improved the game day experience, that renovation would have triple the effect.
I would build a large athletic building buttressed against the south end zone. It would have large glass/reflective Windows as to reflect the field and crowd during game day. Of course it would be a state of art building that would encompass all facets of student athlete life.
Well, now that we've left the realm of "Game day experience ideas" and ventured into "What are your new architectural ideas for Bobcat Stadium"...let me see what I can come up with... 8)

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:38 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Well, now that we've left the realm of "Game day experience ideas" and ventured into "What are your new architectural ideas for Bobcat Stadium"...let me see what I can come up with... 8)
I blame Tom. He veered and I followed- turns out he's a good lead blocker :D

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:27 am

Common Cat wrote: I would build a large athletic building buttressed against the south end zone. It would have large glass/reflective Windows as to reflect the field and crowd during game day. Of course it would be a state of art building that would encompass all facets of student athlete life.
I really like SDSU's new stadium. Except for parking a building in the end zone.

https://twitter.com/SDSUPavlik/status/760667633243029507

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:38 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Common Cat wrote: I would build a large athletic building buttressed against the south end zone. It would have large glass/reflective Windows as to reflect the field and crowd during game day. Of course it would be a state of art building that would encompass all facets of student athlete life.
I really like SDSU's new stadium. Except for parking a building in the end zone.

https://twitter.com/SDSUPavlik/status/760667633243029507
They had the right idea but did it wrong. That building adds zero aesthetic qualities to thier venue. It's too far back and lacks dynamic and progressive features. Our architects at MSU would do better.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:49 am

Imagine something reflective like this...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:55 am

Imagine a bowled in end zone. :)

I'm all for having a sweet looking student center and IPF. As long as it's behind seating. There is alot of grass across the street.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."