Goodbye regional playoff matchups?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:04 am

The FCS oversight committee is taking a hard look at doing away with the regional matchups in the playoffs. This would effectively eliminate the MVFC and BSC powers playing each other in the 1st 2 rounds. The Gazette had an article on it today. This would be so awesome.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Goodbye regional playoff matchups?

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:48 am

I thought this would only apply to the Big Sky powerhouse, god's gift to football, and FCS attendance juggernaut UM. The concept is a good idea, but the writing of the grizette makes it look like it would only affect Missoula. ](*,) :roll:

If your left, you aren’t right.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:02 am

Hi-Line: It's written by the Missoulian's Griz reporter, so that's probably why it has a Griz slant.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am

iaafan wrote:Hi-Line: It's written by the Missoulian's Griz reporter, so that's probably why it has a Griz slant.
I know I know. Speaking of that, didn't AJ start reporting in Bozeman, like when DMac was a freshman?

If your left, you aren’t right.

WSUWILDCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:02 pm

Next they should seed all 24 teams, 1-24 and get rid of "bids" to host so teams who don't deserve first round games don't get them because they can "fill their stadium"

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:06 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:Next they should seed all 24 teams, 1-24 and get rid of "bids" to host so teams who don't deserve first round games don't get them because they can "fill their stadium"
I think it'd get too cumbersome to accurately seed all 24. I'd say seed 1-16. 1-8 still get a bye, of course. But then the next 8 seeds have a home game. Bottom 8 get drawn in or maybe that is where regional match ups could still happen if they wanted a travel compromise.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Id go for this. Would be interesting to know just what kind of $s they make by allowing the bids.

Buying home field perverts the final placement of best teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkAndBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawkAndBobcat » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
iaafan wrote:Hi-Line: It's written by the Missoulian's Griz reporter, so that's probably why it has a Griz slant.
I know I know. Speaking of that, didn't AJ start reporting in Bozeman, like when DMac was a freshman?
That was Kyle Sample

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:02 am

tdub wrote:
WSUWILDCAT wrote:Next they should seed all 24 teams, 1-24 and get rid of "bids" to host so teams who don't deserve first round games don't get them because they can "fill their stadium"
I think it'd get too cumbersome to accurately seed all 24. I'd say seed 1-16. 1-8 still get a bye, of course. But then the next 8 seeds have a home game. Bottom 8 get drawn in or maybe that is where regional match ups could still happen if they wanted a travel compromise.
I'd love to see this, but the NCAA isn't going to send the The Cats, NDSU, SDSU , the Griz etc. on the road to a stadium that seats 10,000 when they can have a game at a stadium seating double that.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Yup. That's what fuels ums play off record. Buying home field advantage.

Too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk