Leon Costello

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Leon Costello

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:26 am

norcal cat wrote:If they are going to do the indoor practice facility then they should add another sport that can use it. We are the only school in the BSC that doesn't have women's soccer and one of the few that doesn't have softball.
I've been waiting for MSU to add women's soccer for so long now that I've pretty much given up hope that it will ever happen. During the football stadium renovation back in the '90s they moved the new structure far enough for a soccer field to fit in the stadium in case they ever did choose to add soccer. Of course, now that we have the turf field with football-only markings I'm not sure if soccer could be played there even if they wanted to. It will certainly be interesting to see if Costello has any vision or ideas regarding MSU possibly adding one or more new sports that most of the other BSC schools already have.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:45 pm

If you don't give your buck o nine who will.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:47 pm

MSU01 wrote:
norcal cat wrote:If they are going to do the indoor practice facility then they should add another sport that can use it. We are the only school in the BSC that doesn't have women's soccer and one of the few that doesn't have softball.
I've been waiting for MSU to add women's soccer for so long now that I've pretty much given up hope that it will ever happen. During the football stadium renovation back in the '90s they moved the new structure far enough for a soccer field to fit in the stadium in case they ever did choose to add soccer. Of course, now that we have the turf field with football-only markings I'm not sure if soccer could be played there even if they wanted to. It will certainly be interesting to see if Costello has any vision or ideas regarding MSU possibly adding one or more new sports that most of the other BSC schools already have.
Hate to burst you or norcal's bubble but adding women's soccer or men's soccer will not help bringing an indoor practice facility. It might be politically correct and make it justified in eyes of the board and the regents of the MT university system, but it won't build it. Sports like women's softball or soccer don't bring in money. It might get the vote of approval if we say, "you can use a facility for more than one sport", but that isn't how these things are built. Let's be honest new stadiums, weight rooms, practice facilities, good planes, etc.. are done by one thing and one thing only, us as fans and donors. If we pony up, which I'm more than willing with my meek earnigs, we could have a indoor practice facility. However the bitching about ticket prices and parking passes makes me think we are so far from anything happening we might as well stop talking about it. The only way we get the bleachers fixed and an indoor practice facility, is if our own Denny Washington type drops 25 million to athletics, until then it's a moot point and frankly we aren't ready as fans to help, based on past comment about prices.

If your left, you aren’t right.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:35 am

Leon needs to go talk to the Wilks brothers. They may be from Texas, but their second home is Montana. They own the most land in Montana. So saying it's their second home, well that's a nice second home. Wilks Bobcat stadium has a nice sound to it. It's way better then if their last name was Idaho.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:00 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Hate to burst you or norcal's bubble but adding women's soccer or men's soccer will not help bringing an indoor practice facility. It might be politically correct and make it justified in eyes of the board and the regents of the MT university system, but it won't build it. Sports like women's softball or soccer don't bring in money. It might get the vote of approval if we say, "you can use a facility for more than one sport", but that isn't how these things are built. Let's be honest new stadiums, weight rooms, practice facilities, good planes, etc.. are done by one thing and one thing only, us as fans and donors. If we pony up, which I'm more than willing with my meek earnigs, we could have a indoor practice facility. However the bitching about ticket prices and parking passes makes me think we are so far from anything happening we might as well stop talking about it. The only way we get the bleachers fixed and an indoor practice facility, is if our own Denny Washington type drops 25 million to athletics, until then it's a moot point and frankly we aren't ready as fans to help, based on past comment about prices.
Believe me, my bubble was burst a long time ago regarding soccer ever being added at MSU! Of course the indoor practice facility would be a football first facility, as there aren't really any other sports at MSU that would have any use for it. From his resume and SDSU's almost inconceivable fundraising success in a short period of time, if anyone can find the big donors out there it would appear to be Costello.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:35 pm

It will never, ever happen, but one word: baseball.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Think Oracle. \:D/

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:27 am

PHAT CAT wrote:Leon needs to go talk to the Wilks brothers. They may be from Texas, but their second home is Montana. They own the most land in Montana. So saying it's their second home, well that's a nice second home. Wilks Bobcat stadium has a nice sound to it. It's way better then if their last name was Idaho.
Absolutely not. Emphatically no! Those guys do not have any desire to better the state of MT and only want to treat it as their own private playground, shutting off roads, restricting land access, ect. Taking money from them would be a slap in the face to all Montanans.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:38 am

lutecat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:Leon needs to go talk to the Wilks brothers. They may be from Texas, but their second home is Montana. They own the most land in Montana. So saying it's their second home, well that's a nice second home. Wilks Bobcat stadium has a nice sound to it. It's way better then if their last name was Idaho.
Absolutely not. Emphatically no! Those guys do not have any desire to better the state of MT and only want to treat it as their own private playground, shutting off roads, restricting land access, ect. Taking money from them would be a slap in the face to all Montanans.

You can't believe everything you hear or read about them. Most of it is fabricated or altered truth. They aren't buying land to shut it down to the public and even if they did it would be there right to since they bought the land. If your referring to the land by Lewistown it was already land locked before they bought the ranch.

One thing I will never understand is how people trash the Wilkes brothers but never question the land owners who sold them the land in the first place. Shouldn't most of the blame be on the previous owners of the land? The Wilkes brothers are offering higher prices for land and people are more than willing to sell it to them, so who really is to blame?

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:11 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:

You can't believe everything you hear or read about them. Most of it is fabricated or altered truth. They aren't buying land to shut it down to the public and even if they did it would be there right to since they bought the land. If your referring to the land by Lewistown it was already land locked before they bought the ranch.

One thing I will never understand is how people trash the Wilkes brothers but never question the land owners who sold them the land in the first place. Shouldn't most of the blame be on the previous owners of the land? The Wilkes brothers are offering higher prices for land and people are more than willing to sell it to them, so who really is to blame?
Good point! However, do they actually have any connection to MSU? If not, it would seem a rather distasteful position for MSU to put itself in soliciting a large donation from them.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:36 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Falsehoods? Tell me how you justify the dark money group they funded that completely told falsehoods about people against the federal land transfer? Whatever side you're on that just dirty pool.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:24 pm

KittieKop wrote:It will never, ever happen, but one word: baseball.
I'd love that ... but an MSU baseball team would probably need an indoor stadium to make it work well.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Cat_gld wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Good point! However, do they actually have any connection to MSU? If not, it would seem a rather distasteful position for MSU to put itself in soliciting a large donation from them.
Yeah it would seem a little tacky if they donated money and don't have a connection to MSU. Let's don't kid ourselves if it meant we got an indoor practice facilities and new bleachers, I know at least for myself, I could get over the tacky part. Money talks and ****** walks.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:14 pm

How is it tacky to donate if you don't have connections? That makes no sense.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:54 pm

SonomaCat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:It will never, ever happen, but one word: baseball.
I'd love that ... but an MSU baseball team would probably need an indoor stadium to make it work well.
Exactly! What, $25-30 million should do it. Indoor baseball/football practice field . Let's make it happen!

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:46 pm

https://twitter.com/bethanycordell/status/745761821341016064

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/bethanycordell/status/745761821341016064
Great choice! Love how she has MSU connections. What exactly does an associate AD do?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Great choice! Love how she has MSU connections. What exactly does an associate AD do?
Could be a variety of things. According to its staff directory MSU currently has four people with the Associate AD title:

Dan Davies Senior Associate AD/Internal Operations
Camie Bechtold Senior Associate AD for Compliance/Student Services/SWA
Josh Wanago Associate AD of Development/Bobcat Club Director
Thijs Goossens Associate AD for Business Operations

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:15 pm

This is awesome news! I know Bethany, she's from Helena. Great gal, lots of energy, loves the Cats. She worked at Kansas State for a while, then Cal.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:19 pm

91catAlum wrote:
This is awesome news! I know Bethany. Great gal, lots of energy, loves the Cats. She worked at Kansas State for a while, then Cal.
I agree -- I met her at the Sac State bball game earlier this year -- a really cool person and a great addition to the MSU staff.