Leon Costello

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Leon Costello

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Sounds like he backed out of the job as well :shock:

Kidding, but does anyone know when he officially starts? I really want to hear his vision for MSU athletics and a timeline for how things will get started . . . MSU has new excitement around it and I hope we can use this excitement for our advantage.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Leon Costello

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:Sounds like he backed out of the job as well :shock:

Kidding, but does anyone know when he officially starts? I really want to hear his vision for MSU athletics and a timeline for how things will get started . . . MSU has new excitement around it and I hope we can use this excitement for our advantage.
That first sentence was the kick to the balls I needed to finish off this afternoon at work. :-s

If your left, you aren’t right.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Last I heard, Costello starts officially as MSU AD tomorrow

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:Sounds like he backed out of the job as well :shock:

DDDDUUUUUUDDDEEE.... That's so not funny, I agree with Hiline, I actually called it a day.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:00 am

You sonofabitch

Well played sir, well played

dencat91
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by dencat91 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:42 pm

A bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:58 pm

It's a little past lunch on his first official day on the job and I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about an east side stadium project yet? How long are we going to give him to get this project moving forward. :wink:

Just glad he is now in Bozeman and on the job.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:51 pm

I was down at the school all afternoon. Leon Costello started today. He will meet with 28 influential boosters in Great Falls later this week.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:15 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I was down at the school all afternoon. Leon Costello started today. He will meet with 28 influential boosters in Great Falls later this week.
Costello developed a plan for raising funds at SDSU. I saw it while doing a search on him. I'm guessing he'll be using it here. It was some sort of pledge sheet as I recall. Maybe it's common, but I'd never seen anything like it before.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:31 am

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2014/3/31/209449532.aspx

Photo of their indoor practice facility.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:25 am

It is time for us to step up. Nothing will happen if we (all of us) do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:39 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:14 pm

I agree that it needs to be on the radar of priority projects to get done, but also in fairness SDSU's is a multipurpose facility - field turf and a running track. While MSU doesn't need a running track, having the fieldhouse, maybe there's a possibility of combining purposes with another MSU sport and leveraging its usage?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:21 am

KittieKop wrote:I agree that it needs to be on the radar of priority projects to get done, but also in fairness SDSU's is a multipurpose facility - field turf and a running track. While MSU doesn't need a running track, having the fieldhouse, maybe there's a possibility of combining purposes with another MSU sport and leveraging its usage?
Shroyer, the track and the Fieldhouse were recently remodeled. The tennis building is decent (I think). So maybe they should add a sport.

How about an indoor practice facility/weight room/wrestling building... :-k

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:25 am

DaCats21 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:I agree that it needs to be on the radar of priority projects to get done, but also in fairness SDSU's is a multipurpose facility - field turf and a running track. While MSU doesn't need a running track, having the fieldhouse, maybe there's a possibility of combining purposes with another MSU sport and leveraging its usage?
Shroyer, the track and the Fieldhouse were recently remodeled. The tennis building is decent (I think). So maybe they should add a sport.

I would like to see an indoor practice facility/indoor tailgating facility. :D

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:37 am

DaCats21 wrote:

Speaking of the tennis building, I don't understand why we would need such a campaign drive to build a indoor practice facility. Besides the turf ( which may or may not be less expensive than the tennis surface) a building like the tennis facility is all that would be needed and I don't remember it being a discussion to raise money for the tennis building. I don't know where those funds came from but it didn't seem like a major project at all.

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:37 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:

I would like to see an indoor practice facility/indoor tailgating facility. :D
They could just leave the grass in Specs year round. :lol:

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:12 am

Cats15 wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:

Speaking of the tennis building, I don't understand why we would need such a campaign drive to build a indoor practice facility. Besides the turf ( which may or may not be less expensive than the tennis surface) a building like the tennis facility is all that would be needed and I don't remember it being a discussion to raise money for the tennis building. I don't know where those funds came from but it didn't seem like a major project at all.
Based on some quick calculations, a conservative estimate is that an indoor facility with a full-size football field would need to have at least four times as much square footage inside as the current indoor tennis facility with four tennis courts, plus additional room for equipment storage and whatever else they might need inside the space. I'm guessing that the cost for a useful facility is substantially higher than whatever the tennis building cost when you factor in the size and cost of the turf inside.

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:37 am

If they are going to do the indoor practice facility then they should add another sport that can use it. We are the only school in the BSC that doesn't have women's soccer and one of the few that doesn't have softball.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:39 am

It all depends on how much Costello can get. On the cheaper side. NDSU's bubble cost $1.5 million with a turf field already in place.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."