Dalton Daum

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dalton Daum

Post by PapaG » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:12 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:...and Dalton was not the first person to walk away from the program with a bad taste in his mouth since the season ended. Daum may have been a handful, but Stitt and company sound like they are mighty proud of themselves, and are more at the heart of the matter than griz fans like to admit (besides grizgirl).
How many of them quit?
Please....someone silence the crickets.

And don't forget to cite verifiable sources. Your word is no good without listing them for all to see here.
"Wrong"

Wait, correct. I find it funny when people claim to have UM inside sources. It's like every Griz fan has the inside scoop and blurts it out (anonymously) as if it's fact.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:20 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
iaafan wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:I am not here to say that Stitt might not be an egotistical maniac or a demanding hard ass. But I know the following to be factual. Daum failed to meet all player expectations (and this is not over a one time deal). The expectations placed on him were no different than the rest of the team. There was punishment for not meeting those expectations. Daum quit in the middle of the punishment. No other player has currently left the program under the same circumstances. I will also add that I wish no ill will towards him and hope lessons were learned from everything that happened for everyone involved.

I forgot to give a good example of what hearsay is, so thanks for doing that for me. Yours is a perfect example.
So is this you stating that this is not what happened? Also, in general, does hearsay mean it can not be factual? Also, when you do not agree with something, does it automatically become hearsay so you can just dismiss it? For the record though, you don't know what I do and don't know or how I came to know.
So please help us out. How did you come up with your factual info? Did you see it firsthand or just through your connections?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:22 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:...and Dalton was not the first person to walk away from the program with a bad taste in his mouth since the season ended. Daum may have been a handful, but Stitt and company sound like they are mighty proud of themselves, and are more at the heart of the matter than griz fans like to admit (besides grizgirl).
How many of them quit?

And don't forget to cite verifiable sources. Your word is no good without listing them for all to see here.
Didn't a highly touted QB and a couple of others leave the program this year?

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
How many of them quit?

Didn't a highly touted QB and a couple of others leave the program this year?
Many players are no longer with our program. I'm not certain it's a good thing but I'm far from convinced it's bad. Question was, how many of them quit?

I haven't heard anything too convincing to verify Duam will be wearing a Cat football helmet for sure but obviously, I'm out of the MSU loop.

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:21 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
How many of them quit?

QB Willie Pflug-Cut
WR Dalton Daum- Quit
QB Will Weyer- ?? Quit / Cut
WR Josh Jannsen-?? Quit / Cut
WR Donavon Rooks-?? Quit / Cut
OL Cameron Rockich- ?? Quit / Cut
OL Joe Paolino-?? Quit / Cut
OL Jared Clark-?? Quit / Cut
DE Tyler Richtmyer-?? Quit / Cut
WR Chase Naccarato-transfered out
S Manu Rassmusen- Transfered out
K Danny People's-Transfer out
WR Ellis Henderson-grades
WR Reese Carlson-Went into ministry
WR Marq Rogers-Went to bball
WR Ryan Burke-Injured
WR Nico Graham-Injured
WR Taylor Walcott-Injured

These guys also left:

LB Zach Vis
CB Chris Parker
DE Austin Chadderdon
DE Nick Mertes

Now look at how Stitt has handled himself since he started. He is characterized by big talk and chest thumping, that makes him look foolish. The guy has a well documented ego (if you pay attention), and he threw Brady under the bus after the NDSU beat down. Typically, when you smell smoke, there is a fire burning somewhere....
Last edited by Doc3kgt on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
How many of them quit?

QB Willie Pflug-Cut
WR Dalton Daum- Quit
WR Ryan Burke-Injured
WR Nico Graham-Injured

These guys also left:

LB Zach Vis
CB Chris Parker
DE Austin Chadderdon
DE Nick Mertes
Direct quote from Chase Naccarato
chase_naccarato: Finishing out at whitworth.. New coaches at UM didn't treat people well. So I left"

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
How many of them quit?

QB Willie Pflug-Cut
WR Dalton Daum- Quit
WR Ryan Burke-Injured
WR Nico Graham-Injured

These guys also left:

LB Zach Vis
CB Chris Parker
DE Austin Chadderdon
DE Nick Mertes
Direct quote from Chase Naccarato
chase_naccarato: Finishing out at whitworth.. New coaches at UM didn't treat people well. So I left"
Of course Naccarato said that after he was told that he would not play. And I totally get how many kids have left, but the Daum situation isn't like the others. The coaches wanted Daum to stay and saw him as a contributor in the future.

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:38 pm

You can think what you want, but there is plenty of evidence to give you cause for concern about your coaching staff..I don't think stitt is going to achieve what um wants when it is all said and done, imo.

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 pm

:roll: RationalGriz get real...Do you REALLY believe that Chase N. called out the entire coaching staff on Twitter just because he wasn't going to get playing time? Please.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:You can think what you want, but there is plenty of evidence to give you cause for concern about your coaching staff..I don't think stitt is going to achieve what um wants when it is all said and done, imo.
I'm not concerned. Rather excited actually.

OK....maybe a few play calls that I'm still scratching my head about but in all, he is a great choice for getting our program back to being dominant at a national level.

You sure seem to worry a lot about a rivals coach not being able to produce results. We appreciate your concern.

True Cat haters were thrilled Ash was kept around as long as he was. Just sayin.....

I only see Dalton listed as "quit." That's it? Remember "verifiable sources" or it didn't happen. Right?

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Doc3kgt wrote::roll: RationalGriz get real...Do you REALLY believe that Chase N. called out the entire coaching staff on Twitter just because he wasn't going to get playing time? Please.
Coaches told Chase that he would not see the field as a Senior and he got pissed. He decided to leave and made comments about the coaches. Not sure it matters, you have your mind made up. But I have stated many times that I have questions about Stitt, but the Daum situation is not one of them.

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:00 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote::roll: RationalGriz get real...Do you REALLY believe that Chase N. called out the entire coaching staff on Twitter just because he wasn't going to get playing time? Please.
Coaches told Chase that he would not see the field as a Senior and he got pissed. He decided to leave and made comments about the coaches. Not sure it matters, you have your mind made up. But I have stated many times that I have questions about Stitt, but the Daum situation is not one of them.
Well, you are going to put your dark pink spin on it, and I have by obvious bias. And what has stitt done to truly put you on more of a national level than what you previously were? And I don't worry about your stats, but um has been a spectacular PR sh!tshow the past few years, so there is some definite entertainment value in paying attention.

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:33 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
Well, you are going to put your dark pink spin on it, and I have by obvious bias. And what has stitt done to truly put you on more of a national level than what you previously were? And I don't worry about your stats, but um has been a spectacular PR sh!tshow the past few years, so there is some definite entertainment value in paying attention.
I am not sure he has done anything and have never stated that he has. But I commend you on going off topic.

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:49 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
I am not sure he has done anything and have never stated that he has. But I commend you on going off topic.
Your friend griz1cats2 said it..sorry, I get you griz fans confused sometimes.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 am

RationalGriz wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:
Seriously? You and Griz1 asked who else quit like it has never happened under Stitt? We give you a list and a quote from one of the "transfers" and it is a completely different situation... You might need to step away from the brownies because it is affecting your thought process! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Lots of unhappy kids (and coaches - and fans) to question the direction of your program.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:06 am

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:You can think what you want, but there is plenty of evidence to give you cause for concern about your coaching staff..I don't think stitt is going to achieve what um wants when it is all said and done, imo.
I'm not concerned. Rather excited actually.

OK....maybe a few play calls that I'm still scratching my head about but in all, he is a great choice for getting our program back to being dominant at a national level.

You sure seem to worry a lot about a rivals coach not being able to produce results. We appreciate your concern.

True Cat haters were thrilled Ash was kept around as long as he was. Just sayin.....

I only see Dalton listed as "quit." That's it? Remember "verifiable sources" or it didn't happen. Right?
Is he seriously listed as quit? If that is the case, seems to me that the Griz staff is jilted by Daum leaving. Must have wanted to keep him pretty bad.

As for Ash, he was a pretty classy guy and hard to hate no matter who you were. Don't take our "concern" with your coach as anything to do with his ability to win. Without some major luck last season, the Griz never make the playoffs. Our "concern" has more to do with him being a first class arrogant jerk off. It is still early, but I hope Stitt coaches the Griz for the next decade.

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:55 am

Many players have left the program for a variety of reasons, from injuries to deciding they just didn't want to play football anymore to being told they were not in team plans going forward. But Daum is the only one that quit because he didn't like being punished for not meeting the expectations that every player were to meet. If you want to think a kid leaving because of concussions or because he was told he was not going to see the field is the same as the Daum situation, I think you argument is misguided. Go back through that list and not a single other kid did what Daum did and that sir is the point.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:58 am

RationalGriz wrote:Many players have left the program for a variety of reasons, from injuries to deciding they just didn't want to play football anymore to being told they were not in team plans going forward. But Daum is the only one that quit because he didn't like being punished for not meeting the expectations that every player were to meet. If you want to think a kid leaving because of concussions or because he was told he was not going to see the field is the same as the Daum situation, I think you argument is misguided. Go back through that list and not a single other kid did what Daum did and that sir is the point.
For the love of Christ give it a rest.

If your left, you aren’t right.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:15 am

RationalGriz wrote:Many players have left the program for a variety of reasons, from injuries to deciding they just didn't want to play football anymore to being told they were not in team plans going forward. But Daum is the only one that quit because he didn't like being punished for not meeting the expectations that every player were to meet. If you want to think a kid leaving because of concussions or because he was told he was not going to see the field is the same as the Daum situation, I think you argument is misguided. Go back through that list and not a single other kid did what Daum did and that sir is the point.
I thought the point was we weren't supposed to be happy we got griz leftovers, and you guys needed to let us know... what other point would a griz fan try to make when we are just trying to be happy a good kid is going to come play for us.

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:18 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
I thought the point was we weren't supposed to be happy we got griz leftovers, and you guys needed to let us know... what other point would a griz fan try to make when we are just trying to be happy a good kid is going to come play for us.
I guess your point was different than mine. I would also like to note that I believe that most Griz fans are much to optimistic about the upcoming season. First, the large turnover of the roster and the players that graduated will cause growing pains, and secondly, I am not really sure that Stitt is that great of a coach.