Dalton Daum

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Dalton Daum

Post by The Big Meowski » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:39 pm

Not sure on the details, but Dalton is planning on strapping on pads for the Cats. This is coming from his mom.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dalton Daum

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:46 pm

The Big Meowski wrote:Not sure on the details, but Dalton is planning on strapping on pads for the Cats. This is coming from his mom.
=D^

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:19 am

That's great news to start this weekend off with and has the potential of being great news for many weekends in the fall for years to come.

If true we should kill the fatted calf, the prodigal son is home.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Catzfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Catzfan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:53 am

Great news!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:09 am

I'm going to wait until this is confirmed.....

If true though, frickin awesome!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:17 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:13 am

WOW...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 am

Hope it's true....he will be a great addition, love to see him in the Blue and Gold....Butte has produced a lot of great players for MSU.

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:20 am

Still not clear to me why he and the Griz program parted ways. None the less Daum belongs on a football field. Hopefully a fresh start will do him good.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:27 am

bertram wrote:Still not clear to me why he and the Griz program parted ways. None the less Daum belongs on a football field. Hopefully a fresh start will do him good.
I was hoping for track. But I'll take football. Or maybe both?

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:40 am

Hawks86 wrote:
bertram wrote:Still not clear to me why he and the Griz program parted ways. None the less Daum belongs on a football field. Hopefully a fresh start will do him good.
I was hoping for track. But I'll take football. Or maybe both?
Aire Grey, a Bobcat, was his excellent coach at Butte High. Grey competed in football and track and excelled at both.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Pure speculation but with Stitt's vocal preference of using scholarships on out of state players, and how in-state players should be happy enough just to walk through the WashGriz tunnel and pay for that honor, perhaps money became an issue for Daum?

Or maybe he doesn't see value in playing for a coach who threw his own QB under the bus after the NDSU playoff game while Daum is pursuing a degree at a school that apparently values football over academics. Who knows?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:01 pm

PapaG wrote:
Pure speculation but with Stitt's vocal preference of using scholarships on out of state players, and how in-state players should be happy enough just to walk through the WashGriz tunnel and pay for that honor, perhaps money became an issue for Daum?

Or maybe he doesn't see value in playing for a coach who threw his own QB under the bus after the NDSU playoff game while Daum is pursuing a degree at a school that apparently values football over academics. Who knows?
Or maybe he skipped a couple mandatory workouts and didn't like his punishment to clean the weight room for a week at 5:30 am each morning. There was more going on than just that though. Hope he grew up a bit since his departure. If he has, I think he could be a great football player. If he hasn't, everyone will have to hold their collective breath.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:08 pm

PapaG wrote:

.....or maybe he was surprised to learn there is no "I" in team under Stitt. It didn't take him long to discover he was no longer the top dog and he had to abide by the same rules every other student athlete does. 110% is what Stitt asks from every player, every day, no exceptions. Wherever he ends up, whichever college sport he plays (if he wishes to do so) I wish him the best. Kid has potential for certain. I hope he can get over the Manziel Syndrome and if he ends up padding up for the Cats, makes a big impact.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:18 pm

#stitthappens

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Hawks86 wrote:#stitthappens
You bet it does and I'm thankful for it. If a kid thinks he doesn't need to show up for some workouts, I would hope he'd be held accountable for it. Do you think looking the other way is a better solution? Serious question.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:#stitthappens
You bet it does and I'm thankful for it. If a kid thinks he doesn't need to show up for some workouts, I would hope he'd be held accountable for it. Do you think looking the other way is a better solution? Serious question.
Sounds like to me that he also did the time for missing workouts? There is always two sides to a story and as fans we take the one most beneficial.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:52 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
PapaG wrote:

.....or maybe he was surprised to learn there is no "I" in team under Stitt. It didn't take him long to discover he was no longer the top dog and he had to abide by the same rules every other student athlete does. 110% is what Stitt asks from every player, every day, no exceptions. Wherever he ends up, whichever college sport he plays (if he wishes to do so) I wish him the best. Kid has potential for certain. I hope he can get over the Manziel Syndrome and if he ends up padding up for the Cats, makes a big impact.
Pretty sure ex-griz defensive co-ordinator Ty Gregorak would get the deal nixed if he felt Daum suffered from Manzitis. Daum probably skipped the workouts to attend a class. Plus, in addition to a great receiver the CATS get a guy who knows how to clean the weight room. All good!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Pretty sure ex-griz defensive co-ordinator Ty Gregorak would get the deal nixed if he felt Daum suffered from Manzitis. Daum probably skipped the workouts to attend a class. Plus, in addition to a great receiver the CATS get a guy who knows how to clean the weight room. All good!
Even I can appreciate the positivity in all of that. Pretty good Mr. Lisle!

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Haaaaaa!!!!