FBS coaching experience

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

FBS coaching experience

Post by iaafan » Tue May 17, 2016 10:29 am

I didn't realize Choate coached for so long in the FBS. He's got 13 years as an assistant at the FBS level, including four years with P5 teams. During those 10 years he's been to eight bowl games, including two BCS bowls. Very similar to Jay Hill (13 years at Utah) at Weber and Bobby Hauck (11 years at FBS schools) before he went to UM.

Despite never winning a national title Hauck had an illustrious career at UM. I'm really impressed with what Hill's done at Weber in just two years. He has 17 returning starters off of last year's 5-3 BSC team, including 8 all-league players. Don't sleep on the Wildcats in 2016.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: FBS coaching experience

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Ron McBride didn't transition well, but his best days were behind him when he took over at WSU. Who are some other FBS assistants that came to FCS schools. Bohl was at Nebraska. I think Joe Glenn was at a FBS school too. Others?

John L Smith was a real dud.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue May 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Please don't compare Choate to the Big Timber washed out coach.
Choate is way better.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:15 pm

I didn't realize all that either. I think what I like best is that everything is going in the right direction at MSU these days and we now have many of the pieces in place that were missing over the last few years. I am excited and I just hope that our athletic programs can soon have the kind of success that our Univerity is having academically. New coaches, new AD, new attitude....

Punters are people too!!