Being picked to win BSC not so good

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Being picked to win BSC not so good

Post by LTown Cat » Fri May 20, 2016 9:34 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
DriftCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:So the cats should be just fine this year. Sporting news picking msu as the 9th place team.

Funny how cat fans gloat about conference champs from a very unbalanced big sky schedule, yet never want to talk about the last several years and the ultimate goal of national championships. So what is the cats playoff record since 1984? Thought so....
This is funny. So, you mention the "last several years" and the "ultimate goal of National Championships"......how many National titles have the griz won over the past several years? Thought so.....

While we are still on National Championships.....how many has MSU won compared to UM? Queue the "football did not exist before Dave Dickenson" rationale.....
Since 1984 UM has 2 national championship and 5 runner ups... the cats have not been to a championship game.

But that's not my point. Too many cat fans and other bsc teams long for a conference championship as if that means something... It doesn't. When southern utah can win a championship without playing EWU or UM then that championship has no value. North Dakota has a similar schedule this year. I would say that about any conference that teams don't play every team.

I haven't cared a rat's ass about the big sky conference title in many years, and I would bet most griz fans feel the same way. Playoffs and national championships are the goal at UM.

So if winning the big sky and doing poorly in the playoffs are your goal, good luck to you. I'm glad that UM has much higher goals.
FWIW I agree with you. I also hate the shared crap when one team beat the other head to head. I know MSU has been on both sides of that.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri May 20, 2016 11:41 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
DriftCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:So the cats should be just fine this year. Sporting news picking msu as the 9th place team.

Funny how cat fans gloat about conference champs from a very unbalanced big sky schedule, yet never want to talk about the last several years and the ultimate goal of national championships. So what is the cats playoff record since 1984? Thought so....
This is funny. So, you mention the "last several years" and the "ultimate goal of National Championships"......how many National titles have the griz won over the past several years? Thought so.....

While we are still on National Championships.....how many has MSU won compared to UM? Queue the "football did not exist before Dave Dickenson" rationale.....
Since 1984 UM has 2 national championship and 5 runner ups... the cats have not been to a championship game.

But that's not my point. Too many cat fans and other bsc teams long for a conference championship as if that means something... It doesn't. When southern utah can win a championship without playing EWU or UM then that championship has no value. North Dakota has a similar schedule this year. I would say that about any conference that teams don't play every team.

I haven't cared a rat's ass about the big sky conference title in many years, and I would bet most griz fans feel the same way. Playoffs and national championships are the goal at UM.

So if winning the big sky and doing poorly in the playoffs are your goal, good luck to you. I'm glad that UM has much higher goals.

Ya, we all get it. You used to be good.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri May 20, 2016 5:35 pm

catatac wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
DriftCat wrote:

Ya, we all get it. You used to be good.
So good they used to continuously choke on the biggest stage... :lol: sorry, bad troll attempt

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 pm

If I recall correctly most of those 5 chipper losses were aided and abetted by home field advantages all the way to the final. Then got their dark pink butts whopped pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:So the cats should be just fine this year. Sporting news picking msu as the 9th place.
I saw a Sporting News on the news rack. Sure enough it had MSU at #9. EWU was #1, NAU #2.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri May 20, 2016 9:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:So the cats should be just fine this year. Sporting news picking msu as the 9th place.
I saw a Sporting News on the news rack. Sure enough it had MSU at #9. EWU was #1, NAU #2.
Not even a cat hater believes msu will be that bad...
Last edited by Go Scats Go on Fri May 20, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri May 20, 2016 9:48 pm

77matcat wrote:If I recall correctly most of those 5 chipper losses were aided and abetted by home field advantages all the way to the final. Then got their dark pink butts whopped pretty good.
Lost by 2,2, 10, 17 & 20. I guess in cat logic not being there is a better option?

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sat May 21, 2016 6:38 am

Hmmmm. Sorry. Must have selective recall. Like the trend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat May 21, 2016 6:17 pm

TomCat88 wrote:

So this is reason for a griz fan to gloat? How pathetic. Go back to the egriz cess pool you moderate that allows griz fans to create thread after thread on the Cats and conduct personnel attacks. What a loser!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat May 21, 2016 7:30 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

So this is reason for a griz fan to gloat? How pathetic. Go back to the egriz cess pool you moderate that allows griz fans to create thread after thread on the Cats and conduct personnel attacks. What a loser!
lighten up francis...

A few post below the original I posted that "even a cat hater doesn't believe msu will be that bad".
Last edited by Go Scats Go on Sat May 21, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat May 21, 2016 7:32 pm

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat May 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

lighten up francis...

A few post below the original I posted that "even a cat hater doesn't believe msu will be that bad".
Ahhh yes - you should keep acting like a douchbag and if anyone says anything about it they should lighten up. Again, the collection of your posts on here and your actions as a moderator on egriz paint a clear picture of your character. Worthless. But I'm sure you will keep coming back acting the part and thinking you are cute or something and blaming others when called out. Catch a clue man.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat May 21, 2016 8:24 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

lighten up francis...

Ahhh yes - you should keep acting like a douchbag and if anyone says anything about it they should lighten up. Again, the collection of your posts on here and your actions as a moderator on egriz paint a clear picture of your character. Worthless. But I'm sure you will keep coming back acting the part and thinking you are cute or something and blaming others when called out. Catch a clue man.
wow... Lets see Personal attacks on this thread:
GSG = 0
Toddler = 2

BTW... I was not gloating, I think the 9th place prediction is a joke.

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat May 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

lighten up francis...

GSG = 0
Toddler = 2
First read close - I'm talking about your actions. However, if you can't take responsibility for your actions then don't post and then cry about it. This is a great example of lack of personal accountability and blaming others. Be a real man, stop acting like a jerk and simply go away.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun May 22, 2016 12:35 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

lighten up francis...

GSG = 0
Toddler = 2
First read close - I'm talking about your actions. However, if you can't take responsibility for your actions then don't post and then cry about it. This is a great example of lack of personal accountability and blaming others. Be a real man, stop acting like a jerk and simply go away.
I would think that anyone with a rational mind reading these post would see that you need some professional help...

Not once in these post did I blame others, cry about anything or act like a jerk. However, if you took the time to look in the mirror you will most likely see someone that has done all those things.

These were simple posts... Yes I put a small dig to the cats... but I also stated that the 9th place prediction is stupid. You like to take every poke and ribbing and make it out as if the end of the world is coming. IE why the Francis comments are really spot on.

Please do us all a favor and take a deep breathe. Everything will be all right...

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:56 pm

I find it ironic that anyone who preys on sports boards thinks they are qualified to offer professional psychiatric advice.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:04 pm

One halfway decent post doesn't cancel out all the others.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun May 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Scat, go fundraiser bro, your school is falling apart at the seems financially and academically it's equal to a junior college. What you have 1500 post on this site, you got bigger problems bro! Go memorize the new roster that constantly changing that will give you something to do :sick:

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun May 22, 2016 3:42 pm

autocat wrote:Scat, go fundraiser bro, your school is falling apart at the seems financially and academically it's equal to a junior college. What you have 1500 post on this site, you got bigger problems bro! Go memorize the new roster that constantly changing that will give you something to do :sick:
OK Bro...

tdub

Post by tdub » Sun May 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable