udfa signings

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

udfa signings

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:47 pm

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/726542399976038401

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: udfa signings

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:02 pm

No surprise there. Hopefully Burfict doesn't take him out with a dirty hit in practice so he'll actually have a chance at a career :lol:

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:05 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:No surprise there. Hopefully Burfict doesn't take him out with a dirty hit in practice so he'll actually have a chance at a career :lol:
****** that guy. Should be kicked out of the league.

I digress...
Congrats John! Well earned. Curious where Sheridan ends up.
Last edited by CatBlitz on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Congrats to Big John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Congrats!

An all-time bobcat great, I hope he can make it-

FTG- GO CATS GO!

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Good luck to John. Heard Bryson Keeton signed FA deal with Jets. Can anyone confirm?
GO CATS!!!!

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:38 am

Kid from Carroll signed with the Packers.

Pretty cool.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:52 am

bobcat99 wrote:Kid from Carroll signed with the Packers.

Pretty cool.
Josh James is the CC player. OT. 6-6, 315. Seattle and Atlanta were also interested in him.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue May 03, 2016 9:40 am

Any news on Sheridan?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:43 am

Nope. Doesn't look good.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 am

TomCat88 wrote:

Pretty cool.
Josh James is the CC player. OT. 6-6, 315. Seattle and Atlanta were also interested in him.
It always amazes me how these type of players can "fall through the cracks" and not originally get picked up by a bigger school (no offense to Carroll). Every year there are a handful of players drafted (sometimes fairly high) from really small schools.

Even some of the guys that have played at UM or MSU over the years, amazing that they ended up at this level- Kroy Beirman, Zach Minter, Dane Fletcher, Mike Person, JP Flynn... just to name a couple examples off the top of my head. Between UM and MSU you could put together a really impressive list of guys that probably should have been in a bigger FBS school.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue May 03, 2016 11:27 am

More than two dozen former Big Sky players earn shots in the NFL
http://skylinesportsmt.com/25-big-sky-p ... ed-to-nfl/

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Pretty cool.
It always amazes me how these type of players can "fall through the cracks" and not originally get picked up by a bigger school (no offense to Carroll). Every year there are a handful of players drafted (sometimes fairly high) from really small schools.

Even some of the guys that have played at UM or MSU over the years, amazing that they ended up at this level- Kroy Beirman, Zach Minter, Dane Fletcher, Mike Person, JP Flynn... just to name a couple examples off the top of my head. Between UM and MSU you could put together a really impressive list of guys that probably should have been in a bigger FBS school.
Not really that surprising. Bierman from Hardin, Mariani from Havre, Person from Glendive. No FCS recruiter is going to go to Glendive to look at a guy unless his tape shows him to be a 5-star recruit. Even then, that recruiting trip is probably 50-50. Osweiler from Kalispell, Roderick & Dissly from Bozeman. But A/B/C schools-no way.

(Its harder to explain away Minter & Fletcher. I think you can probably give the recruiters a lot of credit for Flynn)

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue May 03, 2016 10:31 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Pretty cool.

Tyrone Holmes, too, although he did get offered by Oregon State and Wazzu. I imagine Oregon didn't recruit him because he's not a fit for the 3-4 defense they were running at the time.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:25 am

PapaG wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Pretty cool.

Tyrone Holmes, too, although he did get offered by Oregon State and Wazzu. I imagine Oregon didn't recruit him because he's not a fit for the 3-4 defense they were running at the time.
Actually probably would have made a pretty good 3-4 OLB.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed May 04, 2016 7:49 am

3-4 linebackers are a whole different animal. I'm not real clear on how it works, but NFL teams won't even look at you unless you're bone/frame(?) measurements fit a certain ideal. I think it's based on the ratio of certain bone lengths and ratios and that has something to do with how you're able to turn and move. Apparently if you're don't fit into those measurements there's little chance you can succeed. I'm not sure if Holmes does or doesn't have that, but it looks like he might based on the fact that he's projected to be an OLB, however Jacksonville plays a 4-3.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed May 04, 2016 8:48 am

iaafan wrote:3-4 linebackers are a whole different animal. I'm not real clear on how it works, but NFL teams won't even look at you unless you're bone/frame(?) measurements fit a certain ideal. I think it's based on the ratio of certain bone lengths and ratios and that has something to do with how you're able to turn and move. Apparently if you're don't fit into those measurements there's little chance you can succeed. I'm not sure if Holmes does or doesn't have that, but it looks like he might based on the fact that he's projected to be an OLB, however Jacksonville plays a 4-3.
Darnell Sankey must have bone issues because he looks to me like the real deal. At 6'4 250, 4.8...he was a dominator for Sac State, often a man among boys the past three years.

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Wed May 04, 2016 11:52 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
iaafan wrote:3-4 linebackers are a whole different animal. I'm not real clear on how it works, but NFL teams won't even look at you unless you're bone/frame(?) measurements fit a certain ideal. I think it's based on the ratio of certain bone lengths and ratios and that has something to do with how you're able to turn and move. Apparently if you're don't fit into those measurements there's little chance you can succeed. I'm not sure if Holmes does or doesn't have that, but it looks like he might based on the fact that he's projected to be an OLB, however Jacksonville plays a 4-3.
Darnell Sankey must have bone issues because he looks to me like the real deal. At 6'4 250, 4.8...he was a dominator for Sac State, often a man among boys the past three years.
His dropping out of the NFLPA Bowl (was replaced by UM's Jeremiah Kose) and current un-drafted status are due to ankle problems. Dude is a workhorse when healthy

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu May 05, 2016 11:05 am

Any updates? Sheridan? Keeton?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu May 05, 2016 1:54 pm

NFL Draft wait well worth it for Beau Sandland
http://skylinesportsmt.com/wait-well-wo ... -sandland/