Billings Social w/Choate and Cruzado

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Billings Social w/Choate and Cruzado

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:04 am

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

DriftCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Billings Social w/Choate and Cruzado

Post by DriftCat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:56 pm

I work in the building so I'll be there all day and into the evening!

Coach Fish will be there as well I believe.

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Yep, I will be hitting the social. Go Cats!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 am

I had a great time at the social last night. I was very impressed with the amount of people that showed up. I would say over 200. My take aways.
1. Stockman Bank did a great job putting this together. Free food and drinks.

2. I saw a lot of influential people at the event.

3. The excitement for Bobcat athletics and the University seams to be very high.

4. We are lucky to have President Waded Cruzado. she spoke mostly on how the university enrolment was going up. Talked a little about the great building projects that are going on including the parking garage. She talked about the decisions on how she hired coach Choate and Fish. She thinks she has her guys in place. She wants to win championships. She told coach Fish when he was hired that her inintials "WC" stands for wins championships. Told a great story abut a kid from whitefish getting the Truman scholarship. She likes the fact that we are the larges University in the state and how the gap is growing between MSU and UM. They are struggling and we are prospering. She did hint that she has or does read bobcat nation.

5. Coach Choate spoke about his priorities of taking care of the kids first. Getting them a great education and preparing them for life. Nothing earth shattering. He told me they are still looking for help in the secondary.

6. Coach Gregorak was there and got a good ovation for changing sides. I have met him twice now and both times he was very nice. I told him his twitter skills need improved. He laughed.

7. Coach Messingham, I have met him twice as well. again very nice guy. He is very impressed with the support around the state for the Cats. He said it is better than a lot of BCS schools he has been at. He enjoyed the bobcat blitz, the coaches traveling across the state to get to every high school. I laughed when he told me that some of the smaller school the football coach not always works for the school so they have to track them down at their normal job. He is looking for another wide receiver to bolster that group. He likes our running backs. Sounds like he is happy to be at MSU and in Montana.

8. I had a great conversation with Janet Choate. What a nice gal. She says the family is settling in well. There son loves the area. He is a big outdoors person.

9. I talked to a very influential person about the game day experience. They are looking to take it to a new level of excitement. I will start a new thread on this.

Overall it was a great time and you missed out if you did not go.

stevo

Post by stevo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 am

I forgot to mention coach Fish feels the most important need at MSU is an academic center. It used to be that the kids wanted to see pretty girls and a big steak diner. With parents now coming on most visits, the parents want to see how you are going to take care and educate their kids. Coach Fish says its an arms race right now with facilities and we need to try and keep up.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 am

Great report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:51 am

[quote="stevo"]I had a great time at the social last night. I was very impressed with the amount of people that showed up. I would say over 200. My take aways.

4. We are lucky to have President Waded Cruzado. she spoke mostly on how the university enrolment was going up. Talked a little about the great building projects that are going on including the parking garage. She talked about the decisions on how she hired coach Choate and Fish. She thinks she has her guys in place. She wants to win championships. She told coach Fish when he was hired that her inintials "WC" stands for wins championships. Told a great story abut a kid from whitefish getting the Truman scholarship. She likes the fact that we are the larges University in the state and how the gap is growing between MSU and UM. They are struggling and we are prospering. She did hint that she has or does read bobcat nation.

That makes it sound like these hires are very much her decision. hmmm not that surprising but still hmmm

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
stevo wrote:I had a great time at the social last night. I was very impressed with the amount of people that showed up. I would say over 200. My take aways.

That makes it sound like these hires are very much her decision. hmmm not that surprising but still hmmm
Of course it's her decision as the President of MSU. The process brings her the candidates, they process together, recommendations are made and she decides based on all that. As it should be.

Great write up Stevo! =D^

stevo

Post by stevo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:32 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
stevo wrote:I had a great time at the social last night. I was very impressed with the amount of people that showed up. I would say over 200. My take aways.

Of course it's her decision as the President of MSU. The process brings her the candidates, they process together, recommendations are made and she decides based on all that. As it should be.

Great write up Stevo! =D^
Yes, She did not say it out right that "she hired" them. I could have written that better. You could tell she had a hand in the decision. Fish definitely brought up the fact that they met in the interview process.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:49 am

Great write up Stevo

I was there as well. The first alumni function that I have been to. Lots of people and a good time. It can't but help but feel great about MSU after listening to Waded, Choate and Fish talk. There are some good things going on in Bozeman.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:33 pm

stevo wrote:
9. I talked to a very influential person about the game day experience. They are looking to take it to a new level of excitement. I will start a new thread on this.
Interested to see what changes will be made.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Yes we are all on the edge of our seats waiting for this promised new thread...

stevo

Post by stevo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:01 pm

DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Patience, I have to look like I am working while I do these things. :-^ Boss is a slave driver.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:51 pm

stevo wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Patience, I have to look like I am working while I do these things. :-^ Boss is a slave driver.
Please don't tell me Champ is going to ride out on a Harley. Another mascot tried that and it didn't end well.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:59 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
stevo wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Please don't tell me Champ is going to ride out on a Harley. Another mascot tried that and it didn't end well.
I mean . . . Monte is better then Champ . . . I don't care how much of a cat fan you are - Monte is pretty dang good.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
stevo wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:
I mean . . . Monte is better then Champ . . . I don't care how much of a cat fan you are - Monte is pretty dang good.
Yep. Good point. Sorry I brought it up now. They're better at everything now that you mention it, except rodeo. But you'll probably inform me they're better than MSU at that too.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:23 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
stevo wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Yep. Good point. Sorry I brought it up now. They're better at everything now that you mention it, except rodeo. But you'll probably inform me they're better than MSU at that too.
:lol: :lol: R.E.L.A.X

Just my opinion that the dude who is Monte is better then our guy . . .

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
stevo wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:

What does R.E.L.A.X. stand for?

toM StUber

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
stevo wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:

R - Recognize that you made a big deal out of nothing
E - Exercise can help release negative emotions
L - Letting go of things that don't really matter
A - Attitude (self explanatory)
X - Xtra Sleep (not spelled right but made it this far), Sleep is a critical part of everyones life and can be a big help

**for more information please address this website: https://savannahgfwells.wordpress.com/2 ... th-stress/**

Anyway, didn't think this would get so off track my bad- looking forward to hearing about some of the game day changes!! I think we are really close to having an awesome experience, especially with the hype/excitement of a new coaching staff!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
stevo wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
stevo wrote:

R - Recognize that you made a big deal out of nothing
E - Exercise can help release negative emotions
L - Letting go of things that don't really matter
A - Attitude (self explanatory)
X - Xtra Sleep (not spelled right but made it this far), Sleep is a critical part of everyones life and can be a big help

**for more information please address this website: https://savannahgfwells.wordpress.com/2 ... th-stress/**

Anyway, didn't think this would get so off track my bad- looking forward to hearing about some of the game day changes!! I think we are really close to having an awesome experience, especially with the hype/excitement of a new coaching staff!
That's good. Can I borrow it?

toM StUber