Billings Social w/Choate and Cruzado

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Re: Billings Social w/Choate and Cruzado

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:55 pm

That's good. Can I borrow it?
Its not mine - as I gave the website used,so go for it!

Anyway, Stevo!! What do you got?

Idaho State is kinda doing something new: http://www.theblockisu.com/#!the-block/cjg9
Not sure how successful it will be there - but would be an interesting idea for MSU. . . get the students more involved maybe

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:15 pm

stevo wrote:I had a great time at the social last night. I was very impressed with the amount of people that showed up. I would say over 200. My take aways.
1. Stockman Bank did a great job putting this together. Free food and drinks.

2. I saw a lot of influential people at the event.

3. The excitement for Bobcat athletics and the University seams to be very high.

4. We are lucky to have President Waded Cruzado. she spoke mostly on how the university enrolment was going up. Talked a little about the great building projects that are going on including the parking garage. She talked about the decisions on how she hired coach Choate and Fish. She thinks she has her guys in place. She wants to win championships. She told coach Fish when he was hired that her inintials "WC" stands for wins championships. Told a great story abut a kid from whitefish getting the Truman scholarship. She likes the fact that we are the larges University in the state and how the gap is growing between MSU and UM. They are struggling and we are prospering. She did hint that she has or does read bobcat nation.

5. Coach Choate spoke about his priorities of taking care of the kids first. Getting them a great education and preparing them for life. Nothing earth shattering. He told me they are still looking for help in the secondary.

6. Coach Gregorak was there and got a good ovation for changing sides. I have met him twice now and both times he was very nice. I told him his twitter skills need improved. He laughed.

7. Coach Messingham, I have met him twice as well. again very nice guy. He is very impressed with the support around the state for the Cats. He said it is better than a lot of BCS schools he has been at. He enjoyed the bobcat blitz, the coaches traveling across the state to get to every high school. I laughed when he told me that some of the smaller school the football coach not always works for the school so they have to track them down at their normal job. He is looking for another wide receiver to bolster that group. He likes our running backs. Sounds like he is happy to be at MSU and in Montana.

8. I had a great conversation with Janet Choate. What a nice gal. She says the family is settling in well. There son loves the area. He is a big outdoors person.

9. I talked to a very influential person about the game day experience. They are looking to take it to a new level of excitement. I will start a new thread on this.

Overall it was a great time and you missed out if you did not go.
Thanks for the excellent report. We're fortunate to have Waded as Prez...in fact I think she may be the best MSU Prez ever. And everything I've seen from Choate and his staff makes me optimistic. Fish is also doing a great job. Good things are ahead for the Cats!!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:51 am

Ok here is what I got. I am going to not make a new thread on this because the information I am getting is to wait a bit until the new AD is hired and they get a better feel for the future. Anyway, The person I talked to in Billings is very excited to really upgrade the game day events and atmosphere. We all have had lots of conversations on the nation regarding game day, some compliments, some disappointments. The new staff is moving in the right direction.
As we get into summer here a bit I know the powers that be will be looking for any and all ideas to revamp game day. We should at that point bring all of our ideas to this board. I feel they will be watching.

GO CATS!
Last edited by stevo on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:04 am

I smell a sticky!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:08 pm

CelticCat wrote:I smell a sticky!

Those always smell the worst..........................

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT