Kagy Boulevard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Kagy Boulevard

Post by KittieKop » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:53 pm

lutecat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:I thought Holland was on people's "list" after rather publicly supporting Ash after the firing. Doesn't seem like you'd want a statue of someone connected to an era that was such a disaster. Seems Ike we're trying to bury everything associated with the last decade, why would we erect a statue?
I like you usually. But you really need to stop. You accuse others of not moving on in other threads but in this one that is not about Ash....it's sour grapes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Just thought it weird people want to move on, then suggest a statue of a very prominent Ash supporter, a man very much the face of the team the last 6-7 years. People were pretty pissed at him after the brewery speech last fall.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:57 pm

KittieKop wrote:
lutecat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:I thought Holland was on people's "list" after rather publicly supporting Ash after the firing. Doesn't seem like you'd want a statue of someone connected to an era that was such a disaster. Seems Ike we're trying to bury everything associated with the last decade, why would we erect a statue?
I like you usually. But you really need to stop. You accuse others of not moving on in other threads but in this one that is not about Ash....it's sour grapes.

Just thought it weird people want to move on, then suggest a statue of a very prominent Ash supporter, a man very much the face of the team the last 6-7 years. People were pretty pissed at him after the brewery speech last fall.
I'd say the reason for that is people are able to let things go after a bit and drop issues that are long gone. . . We got a new coach, getting a new AD, things are changing and people have moved on - which is wise.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 pm

KittieKop wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Oh. I didn't realize that Holland's claim to fame was only being an Ash supporter.

Come on. You're reaching and you know it. Or do you live in a world were once we disagree we have to hate eachother forever?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:02 am

lutecat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
lutecat wrote:

Oh. I didn't realize that Holland's claim to fame was only being an Ash supporter.

Come on. You're reaching and you know it. Or do you live in a world were once we disagree we have to hate eachother forever?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
I completely agree. It's ridiculous to imply that anyone who supported the coaching change, can't also still appreciate Sonny Holland's contributions to MSU Football, just because he spoke out in support of Coach Ash. It's just a way for him to continue banging the drum about the injustice that was done to Ash. While out of the other side of his mouth, he continues to accuse other posters of "not letting go and moving on".

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 am

Yes it's time for Kcop to let it go but it's also true that there remains an undercurrent of bashing that still goes on and it needs to stop too.
It is also possible to support the coaching change and also support, acknowledge, appreciate and respect the great job that coach Ash did in building and moving our program forward. We should all look forward to the Choate years with high expectations and be thankful that he inherited a program that in his own words was not broken and only needs some fine tuning and adjustment.
Look to the future Bobcat fans, that's where our greatest victories will be!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:Yes it's time for Kcop to let it go but it's also true that there remains an undercurrent of bashing that still goes on and it needs to stop too.
It is also possible to support the coaching change and also support, acknowledge, appreciate and respect the great job that coach Ash did in building and moving our program forward. We should all look forward to the Choate years with high expectations and be thankful that he inherited a program that in his own words was not broken and only needs some fine tuning and adjustment.
great post. not sure why supporting the program as a whole is so difficult. why do we have to break down our allegiance based on coaching regimes? I was very proud of many of kramers teams. doesn't mean I supported every decision he made or loved every player during his tenure. same with ash. there were many things people, myself included, didn't agree with while he was leading the show. but that doesn't mean there was nothing good over his time here!

let's just get back to being proud to be a bobcat, and supporting the program even if we don't agree 100% with every single decision made. :idea:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:41 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:Yes it's time for Kcop to let it go but it's also true that there remains an undercurrent of bashing that still goes on and it needs to stop too.
great post. not sure why supporting the program as a whole is so difficult. why do we have to break down our allegiance based on coaching regimes? I was very proud of many of kramers teams. doesn't mean I supported every decision he made or loved every player during his tenure. same with ash. there were many things people, myself included, didn't agree with while he was leading the show. but that doesn't mean there was nothing good over his time here!

let's just get back to being proud to be a bobcat, and supporting the program even if we don't agree 100% with every single decision made. :idea:
Good post...very well stated!

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:50 pm

Look, it was a bit of a button push I'll admit, but as you allude to I get tired of the back handed jabs from some that continue, everyone laughs, they pat each other on the back and congratulates each other on their wit for continuing the crappy attacks. I agree, let it stop. But it should go for everyone. If by calling out my BS makes people see the other stuff that seems to slide by around here with a wink and a nod, I'm OK with being the jerk. Done; off my soapbox.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:56 pm

So, have we solved the Kagy issue yet?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:08 pm

catsrback76 wrote:So, have we solved the Kagy issue yet?
You made the roundabout bigger, I guess it's all good. Since Sonny sucks for supporting Ash, does this mean I'm out for the statue too?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 pm

allcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:So, have we solved the Kagy issue yet?
You made the roundabout bigger, I guess it's all good. Since Sonny sucks for supporting Ash, does this mean I'm out for the statue too?
I've go it. Make the center of the roundabout, the HOME for the LIVE Bobcat we are bringing in! =D^

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:05 am

I'm good with that. Will need a foot traffic over or under pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 am

A regular above ground roundabout for vehicle traffic with the Bobcat enclosure in the center. Beneath the regular roundabout a pedestrian roundabout with one way windows to view the Bobcat that would be accessible from for all directions.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm there. What's the name of the Cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Bob.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:21 pm

In Missoula they have round abouts in residential neighborhoods that are referred to as " traffic calming circles" which are essentially useless. Their main function is to keep the city in cahoots with certain contractors and increase properly taxes for the lucky residents who live on the block. They tell you it's a special SID that only your neighborhood gets to pay. The ones that work best are in the high traffic intersections, which would be ideal for kagy.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:In Missoula they have round abouts in residential neighborhoods that are referred to as " traffic calming circles" which are essentially useless. Their main function is to keep the city in cahoots with certain contractors and increase properly taxes for the lucky residents who live on the block. They tell you it's a special SID that only your neighborhood gets to pay. The ones that work best are in the high traffic intersections, which would be ideal for kagy.
They serve the same purpose as curb "bump outs". The idea is to slow traffic in those neighborhoods, not necessarily manage the volume.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:41 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:In Missoula they have round abouts in residential neighborhoods that are referred to as " traffic calming circles" which are essentially useless. Their main function is to keep the city in cahoots with certain contractors and increase properly taxes for the lucky residents who live on the block. They tell you it's a special SID that only your neighborhood gets to pay. The ones that work best are in the high traffic intersections, which would be ideal for kagy.
They serve the same purpose as curb "bump outs". The idea is to slow traffic in those neighborhoods, not necessarily manage the volume.
It sounds like they might be more taxpayer infuriating than they are traffic calming or slowing. I like roundabouts in the right places and for those who can't quickly learn how they operate and how to use them, well those drivers are probably problem drivers in many other traffic situations already.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Ok...we've already got the Sonny Holland endzone....how about Jan Stenerud Boulevard?

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:Ok...we've already got the Sonny Holland endzone....how about Jan Stenerud Boulevard?
Or the "Lulay Thru-way"?

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT