Replacement for Peter Fields

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: Replacement for Peter Fields

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:59 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Arizona State associate AD Jones to interview for Montana State AD vacancy Thursday
http://skylinesportsmt.com/arizona-stat ... -position/
Wow, strong resume, now to hear the man speak!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Arizona State associate AD Jones to interview for Montana State AD vacancy Thursday
http://skylinesportsmt.com/arizona-stat ... -position/
Wow, strong resume, now to hear the man speak!
I hope they post his speech.Been waiting.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

WATCH: Cooper Jones interviews for Montana State AD vacancy
http://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-stat ... per-jones/

Arizona State's Jones interviews for MSU AD position
http://skylinesportsmt.com/arizona-stat ... d-vacancy/

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:53 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:WATCH: Cooper Jones interviews for Montana State AD vacancy
http://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-stat ... per-jones/

Arizona State's Jones interviews for MSU AD position
http://skylinesportsmt.com/arizona-stat ... d-vacancy/

PARKED IT! HIRE HIM!!!!!!!!! =D^ =D^ =D^

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 am

If we want to get things done, then Cooper Jones is the man that should be hired. I have seen what is happening at AZ State with their facilities and they are going through a real transformation. Right now Sun Devil Stadium is being completely re-done. I have attended a few baseball and softball games at AZ State.Every year I get a call from them here in Bozeman asking me if I am coming down again this Spring and if I would like to buy tickets for any games. They even ask me if they can give me a tour of their facilities. I always found this surprising. But after listening to Cooper Jones, I can see why they are so successful at raising money. I really hope we hire him.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 am

All 5 candidates look fantastic. Hopefully the committee was able to narrow down specifics as well as personality fit during the interview. Like I said before, this will be a difficult choice, but, on paper, it looks like we have 5 outstanding candidates.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:42 am

wbtfg wrote:All 5 candidates look fantastic. Hopefully the committee was able to narrow down specifics as well as personality fit during the interview. Like I said before, this will be a difficult choice, but, on paper, it looks like we have 5 outstanding candidates.
Agreed. It was pretty clearly the right call to hire the outside firm to identify candidates for the job, as I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have had all five of these finalists apply had MSU conducted its own search internally. My choice on paper would be the guy from Arizona State - we can talk over and over again about needing facility upgrades, but they will happen as quickly or as slowly as MSU can raise the money needed to make those improvements. The long list of fundraising successes on his resume speaks for itself. I am 100% behind any of the candidates though as they all appear to be highly qualified, and trust that President Cruzado will make the right choice and bring in the best fit for what we need.
Last edited by MSU01 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:42 am

wbtfg wrote:All 5 candidates look fantastic. Hopefully the committee was able to narrow down specifics as well as personality fit during the interview. Like I said before, this will be a difficult choice, but, on paper, it looks like we have 5 outstanding candidates.
Am I missing something? Who is the 5th candidate? Was to be announced today right?

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:43 am

Candidate 5: Leo Costello (South Dakota State)

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:50 am

MSU01 wrote:
Agreed. It was pretty clearly the right call to hire the outside firm to identify candidates for the job, as I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have had all five of these finalists apply had MSU conducted its own search internally. My choice on paper would be the guy from Arizona State - we can talk over and over again about needing facility upgrades, but they will happen as quickly or as slowly as MSU can raise the money needed to make those improvements. The long list of fundraising successes on his resume speaks for itself. I am 100% behind any of the candidates though as they all appear to be highly qualified, and trust that President Cruzado will make the right choice and bring in the best fit for what we need.
I am all for hiring an outside firm, and they did a good job. But 4 candidates are Deputy/Assistant ADs at nearby schools (ASU, Utah, Wyoming, SDSU). Id hope that MSU would have had most of those guys on the list without the firm. Maybe they wouldn't I guess.

Either way I am really liking the finalists \:D/

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:59 am

Some of the things talked about on the Kagy thread are similar to how ASU is helping pay for facility upgrades.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-southe ... facilities

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:00 am

MSU Toddler wrote:Candidate 5: Leo Costello (South Dakota State)
This guy really interests me because he has done this all on the FCS level, at a school VERY similar to MSU. If he can raise however much there, I truthfully think he would do more here. SDSU has been very aggressive in getting new facilities, and it will pay off. SDSU is building (or already has built) a new indoor practice facility to go along with a nice new 19,000 capacity stadium I believe.

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:03 am

Hawks86 wrote:Some of the things talked about on the Kagy thread are similar to how ASU is helping pay for facility upgrades.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-southe ... facilities
YES! Bars, restaurants, hotels, apartments, on campus property all to help fund facility upgrades. Sounds good to me!!!

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:04 am

bobcatbob wrote:If we want to get things done, then Cooper Jones is the man that should be hired. I have seen what is happening at AZ State with their facilities and they are going through a real transformation. Right now Sun Devil Stadium is being completely re-done. I have attended a few baseball and softball games at AZ State.Every year I get a call from them here in Bozeman asking me if I am coming down again this Spring and if I would like to buy tickets for any games. They even ask me if they can give me a tour of their facilities. I always found this surprising. But after listening to Cooper Jones, I can see why they are so successful at raising money. I really hope we hire him.
My only concern with Jones (and you can correct me if I'm way off), but wouldn't it be significantly easier to raise money at Arizona State? Its a MASSIVE school, right next to a MASSIVE city. There are so many people that if you get a fraction of them to donate your making some serious money. That wouldn't necessarily be the case here would it?

Like I said, I don't really know how this all goes - Jones is a great candidate, but i feel like MSU and ASU are just way different

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:09 am

Interesting that all 5 candidates are men.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:10 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:If we want to get things done, then Cooper Jones is the man that should be hired. I have seen what is happening at AZ State with their facilities and they are going through a real transformation. Right now Sun Devil Stadium is being completely re-done. I have attended a few baseball and softball games at AZ State.Every year I get a call from them here in Bozeman asking me if I am coming down again this Spring and if I would like to buy tickets for any games. They even ask me if they can give me a tour of their facilities. I always found this surprising. But after listening to Cooper Jones, I can see why they are so successful at raising money. I really hope we hire him.
My only concern with Jones (and you can correct me if I'm way off), but wouldn't it be significantly easier to raise money at Arizona State? Its a MASSIVE school, right next to a MASSIVE city. There are so many people that if you get a fraction of them to donate your making some serious money. That wouldn't necessarily be the case here would it?

Like I said, I don't really know how this all goes - Jones is a great candidate, but i feel like MSU and ASU are just way different
Did you listen to him talk? The North Texas portion was what impressed me. They didn't have a winning season while he was there yet he still got the ball rolling on facility upgrades. Arizona State was just a portion of his resume, not the whole thing.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 am

Bozcat003 wrote: My only concern with Jones (and you can correct me if I'm way off), but wouldn't it be significantly easier to raise money at Arizona State? Its a MASSIVE school, right next to a MASSIVE city. There are so many people that if you get a fraction of them to donate your making some serious money. That wouldn't necessarily be the case here would it?

The money we need is also a fraction of what they are raising. $250 million sure would be nice, but $40 million could get alot done.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:18 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

Did you listen to him talk? The North Texas portion was what impressed me. They didn't have a winning season while he was there yet he still got the ball rolling on facility upgrades. Arizona State was just a portion of his resume, not the whole thing.
Yeah I did, and the North Texas part was what impressed me as well. Good point.
Hawks86 wrote: The money we need is also a fraction of what they are raising. $250 million sure would be nice, but $40 million could get alot done.
Good point as well. $40 million is about what South Dakota State got for their facilities and they are putting it to good use.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:59 am

If you can fundraise at North Texas, you can fundraise anywhere.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:04 am

CelticCat wrote:If you can fundraise at North Texas, you can fundraise anywhere.
Bingo!

If I had to go with the body of work? Cooper Jones.
If I had to go with my gut feeling on the guy? Kyle Brennan
Best smile? Matt Whisenant
Best look? Christian Spears

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."