Replacement for Peter Fields

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Replacement for Peter Fields

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:08 pm

gocats77 wrote:Is anyone aware of whether or not any other members of the MSU Athletic Administration staff will be retained or will that decision be left up to the new Athletic Director?
Athletic department administration, like the MSU faculty, are on one-year contracts that end June 30 of each year. A new Montana State AD must be in place by July 1.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 pm

WATCH: Montana State AD search: Eastern Michigan Deputy AD Christian Spears
http://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-stat ... an-spears/

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:WATCH: Montana State AD search: Eastern Michigan Deputy AD Christian Spears
http://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-stat ... an-spears/
No way to get a read off of what he said, so I would say he is the least impressive so far... but I like his hair cut!

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:58 pm

As someone that hires people, the fact that he only stays a fee years at each place jumps out. How long would he be here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:02 pm

lutecat wrote:As someone that hires people, the fact that he only stays a fee years at each place jumps out. How long would he be here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Lute, I'm in the same boat of hiring people. However in a top level executive position I would also look at other factors, foremost in my mind would be, did he leave those places in better shape than in which he found them and did he make a meaningful impact.

Just a thought.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Spears speaks much more in depth about his vision and his
FCS experience in this article.

Eastern Michigan's Christian Spears interviews for Montana State AD position - http://skylinesportsmt.com/eastern-mich ... ad-vacancy

Spears was at Southern Illinois with Jerry Kill for
Six years and followed Kill to Northern Illinois, where he stayed for 7 years. Doesn't seem like moving around every couple of years to me.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Spears speaks much more in depth about his vision and his

Eastern Michigan's Christian Spears interviews for Montana State AD position - http://skylinesportsmt.com/eastern-mich ... ad-vacancy

Six years and followed Kill to Northern Illinois, where he stayed for 7 years. Doesn't seem like moving around every couple of years to me.
Yes, much better read on him. I like what he said, and I do like his ability to communicate. How that translates into fundraising and moving MSU forward under Cruzado will be the question. I would wonder how the rapport is between Cruzado and the candidates? If she is comfortable with them, then I would vote that direction. He seems to be on par with Brennan IMO.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:16 am

Candidate 4: Cooper Jones (Arizona - ASU)

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:37 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Spears speaks much more in depth about his vision and his

Yes, much better read on him. I like what he said, and I do like his ability to communicate. How that translates into fundraising and moving MSU forward under Cruzado will be the question. I would wonder how the rapport is between Cruzado and the candidates? If she is comfortable with them, then I would vote that direction. He seems to be on par with Brennan IMO.
I wasn't a huge fan of him 24 hours ago, but loved his energy and really enjoyed reading the article that Colter wrote-up.

Very excited to see who gets hired when it is all said and done.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:26 am

MSU Toddler wrote:Candidate 4: Cooper Jones (Arizona - ASU)
A former Bobcat football player, sweet!

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:36 am

DaCats21 wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:Candidate 4: Cooper Jones (Arizona - ASU)
A former Bobcat football player, sweet!
Yeah, a University of Ohio Bobcat :wink: . His Bio looks good.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 am

Have they indicated a timeline yet, for when the decision will be announced?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:48 am

John K wrote:Have they indicated a timeline yet, for when the decision will be announced?
I think all we know is that they need to have a new AD in place by July 1st, 2016, per Colter.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:56 am

This has been a great group of candidates. I think Brennan is still my personal fav by a little bit, Spears had the least impressive resume but thought he had the best interview with Colter and others at the meet and greet. Jones now has the most impressive resume and LOVE seeing his major roles in fund-raising and marketing. This is going to be a tough decision and not sure I would be disappointed with any of the 4 candidates, and we haven't even seen the 5th!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:34 am

All candidates look fantastic. I imagine it will be a tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:20 am

Anything posted on this Jones cat?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:30 am

catsrback76 wrote:Anything posted on this Jones cat?
Skyline Sports posted this bio on Twitter, if you haven't already seen that, here it is.
Cooper Jones, who joined the Sun Devil Athletics leadership team on Dec. 5, 2012, serves as the Executive Associate Athletic Director for Development and the Executive Director of the Sun Devil Club at Arizona State University.

In his current role, Jones is responsible for all fundraising initiatives within Sun Devil Athletics and oversees the annual fund, major gift, planned & estate giving, young alumni, volunteer representative, letterwinner and sport-specific outreach programs for ASU. Jones was in charge of the Sun Devil Club rebranding initiative as well as the executive campaign plan for the renovations to Sun Devil Stadium (football), Phoenix Municipal Stadium (baseball) and Papago Park (golf). As a member of the Senior Management Team, Jones participates in department-wide policy decisions ranging from coaching searches, season ticket prices, media relations efforts, academic benchmarks and the multi-year strategic plan for Sun Devil Athletics.

Jones came to ASU from the University of North Texas, where he was the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Development and a member of the athletic director’s senior staff. While at UNT, Jones directed a seven-person Development office that was responsible for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of over 500 prospects annually. He was the chief fundraiser for Apogee Stadium, the $80 million campaign for a new on-campus facility which constituted the first major athletic facility upgrade in over 35 years. Jones had direct oversight of the Mean Green Club, the athletic scholarship fund at UNT. Under his leadership, annual membership levels rose over 250% and financial support increased over 225% in dollars raised during that same period of time. Jones has also held various development positions at Louisville, Maryland, and Georgia Tech.

Jones, a native of Conyers, Georgia, earned a bachelor’s degree in Journalism & Public Relations, with a minor in History and Health Care Communications, from Ohio University. While at Ohio, he was a three-year letter winner and senior captain for the Bobcats and made Dean’s List. During Jones’ four-year career, the Ohio Football program enjoyed its most successful on-field period in over 30 years.

Jones is married to the former Tiffany Goodman, who was a member of Georgia Tech’s first-ever ACC Champion Softball team in addition to being an Academic All-Conference selection. The couple welcomed their first child, Jackson Allan, on August 30th, 2013.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 am

Connor Jones has a very strong resume, especially in fund raising. I don't think the previous candidates come any where near this guy when it comes to what he has accomplished. He is a good find!

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 am

It's Jones' job to lose imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:47 am

Arizona State associate AD Jones to interview for Montana State AD vacancy Thursday
http://skylinesportsmt.com/arizona-stat ... -position/