2017 MSU Recruiting (35 Commits)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2017 MSU Recruiting (5 Verbals and a boatload of offers)

Post by DaCats21 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 am

WalkOn79 wrote:Zach Logan has a stud little brother down in Houston. Think he's going to be a senior this year. Any news on him?
Texas recruiting is over

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:56 am

DaCats21 wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:Zach Logan has a stud little brother down in Houston. Think he's going to be a senior this year. Any news on him?
Texas recruiting is over
For MSU? Coach Messingham's primary recruiting area is the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Choate recruited the Houston area a ton as an FBS assistant. We have also offered a few kids out of Texas this year. Will there be the same priority as the past coaching staff? Probably not but I trust the coaches have an idea where they can get the best talent to come to MSU.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:56 pm

We are not recruiting in Houston area any longer. However, we are still recruiting the Dallas area. Coach said that Houston area is being so heavily recruited that we are not getting the quality of player that we used to out of that area. He does want to step up recruiting in the Dallas area. He feels the best area for us to really step up recruiting is Washington to Oregon along the I-5 corridor. Also, he said that the Boise area is now larger than the Spokane area and that we will be emphasizing this area.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 pm

bobcatbob wrote:We are not recruiting in Houston area any longer. However, we are still recruiting the Dallas area. Coach said that Houston area is being so heavily recruited that we are not getting the quality of player that we used to out of that area. He does want to step up recruiting in the Dallas area. He feels the best area for us to really step up recruiting is Washington to Oregon along the I-5 corridor. Also, he said that the Boise area is now larger than the Spokane area and that we will be emphasizing this area.
We have gotten some gems from that area in the past few years but given our area, we should be able to do very well in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, etc.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 am

Hosted Travis Yates high school teammate the other day:
https://twitter.com/austin_liles/status/762849089406906368 He could be deciding on his future before his senior season so hang tight. He is a 2-star Scout and 247Sports WR out of Orange Lutheran in California.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:02 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Hosted Travis Yates high school teammate the other day:
https://twitter.com/austin_liles/status/762849089406906368 He could be deciding on his future before his senior season so hang tight. He is a 2-star Scout and 247Sports WR out of Orange Lutheran in California.
committed to San Jose St.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Choate just posted
#Boom #TRC17 #Bobcatsgetbetter

Being the lookout for news on who committed.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Team10 wrote:Choate just posted

Skyline Sports ‏@SkylineSportsMT 17m17 minutes ago
Tyrel Thomas, a 2-star 5-9, 170-pound CB from St. John Bosco of Trinity League in California, has verbally committed to Montana State.
Sounds like a pretty awesome commit. Thomas is from the same high school as Hale and I'm fairly sure that St. John Bosco is supposed to be one of the best high school football teams in the nation this year.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Rb1Wj0lrRk ... nkings.htm

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:20 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Team10 wrote:Choate just posted

Skyline Sports ‏@SkylineSportsMT 17m17 minutes ago
Tyrel Thomas, a 2-star 5-9, 170-pound CB from St. John Bosco of Trinity League in California, has verbally committed to Montana State.
Sounds like a pretty awesome commit. Thomas is from the same high school as Hale and I'm fairly sure that St. John Bosco is supposed to be one of the best high school football teams in the nation this year.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Rb1Wj0lrRk ... nkings.htm
Yes, they are exceptionally gifted...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2017 MSU Recruiting (7 Verbals and a boatload of offers)

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:25 am

I've updated the list.

1 - QB (Tucker Rovig)
1 - ATH (Troy Andersen)
2 - DL (Travis Yates & Jaxen Hashley)
1 - OLB (Tadan Gilman)
2 - CB (Tyrel Thomas & Jalen Cole)

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:29 am

VimSince03 wrote:I've updated the list.

1 - QB (Tucker Rovig)
1 - ATH (Troy Andersen)
1 - OLB (Tadan Gilman)

The first 7 verbals to this class are frickin impressive! holy crap!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 am

1 - QB (Tucker Rovig)
1 - ATH (Troy Andersen)
1 - OLB (Tadan Gilman)
Need to get some O-Lineman in this group! I'd also say 1 RB and 1 WR at least. And a P/K. AND SOME SAFETIES! What else do we need?

And is anybody else as excited as I am to see the future QB battle between Rovig and Murray???!!!!

Edited to add that we need to bring in 15 safeties for depth :lol:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:43 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:

1 - QB (Tucker Rovig)
1 - ATH (Troy Andersen)
1 - OLB (Tadan Gilman)
Need to get some O-Lineman in this group! I'd also say 1 RB and 1 WR at least. And a P/K. AND SOME SAFETIES! What else do we need?

And is anybody else as excited as I am to see the future QB battle between Rovig and Murray???!!!!

Slow down B&Gblitz. Usually we only have about 1 verbal at this point in the season. And believe me, you will see offensive lineman in this group. Looking at the offer list I've been tracking, that is the position group that has the most.

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:53 am

VimSince03 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

1 - QB (Tucker Rovig)
1 - ATH (Troy Andersen)
1 - OLB (Tadan Gilman)

Slow down B&Gblitz. Usually we only have about 1 verbal at this point in the season. And believe me, you will see offensive lineman in this group. Looking at the offer list I've been tracking, that is the position group that has the most.
Oh trust me, I know! I'm VERY impressed with how many verbals we already have. I remember a few years ago that we didn't have any commits (maybe just Connor Sullivan?) by this time and everyone was freaking out.

My question was, what do we need to recruit for the future of the team? What will we be losing in 2-3 years that we need to replace with this class? I wasn't trying to say that we need them right now. Just what we'll end up needing out of this class to fill holes.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:00 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

1 - QB (Tucker Rovig)
1 - ATH (Troy Andersen)
1 - OLB (Tadan Gilman)

Oh trust me, I know! I'm VERY impressed with how many verbals we already have. I remember a few years ago that we didn't have any commits (maybe just Connor Sullivan?) by this time and everyone was freaking out.

My question was, what do we need to recruit for the future of the team? What will we be losing in 2-3 years that we need to replace with this class? I wasn't trying to say that we need them right now. Just what we'll end up needing out of this class to fill holes.
I don't know. Receiver is a little full right now. You should always recruit offensive and defensive lineman in my mind. I love how we have attacked the defensive back position. However, we need to bring in safeties in this next class.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2017 MSU Recruiting (8 Verbals and a boatload of offers)

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Updated

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:30 pm

Man, I sound like a broken record... but holy crap, these first 8 verbals are RIDICULOUS!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:25 am

Article on Griebel recruiting.
Regarding his recruiting plans and a college decision, Griebel had originally hoped to make a decision at the start of the season but now he is looking to decide at the end of the season stating, “schools I'm still interested in said they'll offer during my season.” Right now Griebel is not thinking about his recruiting future, but rather next week as the Rebels open with Palm Bay High School of Melbourne, Florida.
http://www.scout.com/high-school/colora ... rebel-ball

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Just watched the 1st half of the Bozeman vs Glacier game, for Bozeman, O'Reilly is a stud at QB, great start to the year. Jaxen Hashley for Glacier is a man-child, DE/DT and T, can't wait to see him in the Blue & Gold

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 am

FTG247365 wrote:Just watched the 1st half of the Bozeman vs Glacier game, for Bozeman, O'Reilly is a stud at QB, great start to the year. Jaxen Hashley for Glacier is a man-child, DE/DT and T, can't wait to see him in the Blue & Gold
I hope you were able to stick around for the second half. Sounds like a great game.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber