Spring Practice Schedule

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Spring Practice Schedule

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:47 pm

https://twitter.com/CoachBJ_MSU/status/697636285909872640

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Practice Schedule

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:53 am

https://twitter.com/CoachGregorak/status/697767815370027012 https://twitter.com/CoachBJ_MSU/status/697780616247451649 Let the 6:00 AM workout jokes begin.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:59 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Let the 6:00 AM workout jokes begin.

Unacceptable. They should be done by 6.

Kind of a dumb place to be discussing uni combos.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:04 am

Hawks86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Let the 6:00 AM workout jokes begin.

Unacceptable. They should be done by 6.

Kind of a dumb place to be discussing uni combos.
You mean the main reasons our team lost focus last year...

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:15 am

Sleep is for babies. Workouts need to start at midnight and go to 6 AM.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 am

lutecat wrote:Sleep is for babies. Workouts need to start at midnight and go to 6 AM.

agreed! by 6am they should have already been done with workouts and put in a solid 2 hours of chores around the house.

:lol: who was the moron that first brought this whole thing up, I can't remember? One of the dumbest things ever posted on BN, it was a couple years ago now and we are all still making fun of it... good stuff.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:51 am

[quote] We couldn't have been blessed with a better coaching staff. Great hire Mr. Fields #GoCats
[/quote]

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:32 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
lutecat wrote:Sleep is for babies. Workouts need to start at midnight and go to 6 AM.

agreed! by 6am they should have already been done with workouts and put in a solid 2 hours of chores around the house.

:lol: who was the moron that first brought this whole thing up, I can't remember? One of the dumbest things ever posted on BN, it was a couple years ago now and we are all still making fun of it... good stuff.
I made it my signature...

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:57 pm

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/697855196488052736

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Cool!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/697855196488052736
I literally want football to start right now. What is this offseason thing?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:52 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/697855196488052736
I literally want football to start right now. What is this offseason thing?

Is it September yet!?! Sooo excited to see what this new Staff/Team can do

FTG- GO CATS GO!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:55 am

I did not think coaches could work with the team until spring ball. Strength coach only .
What is the rule? I think it is great that the new staff gets to work team right now.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:25 am

[quote="stevo"]I did not think coaches could work with the team until spring ball. Strength coach only .
What is the rule? I think it is great that the new staff gets to work team right now.[/quote]

They can't be there with a ball and can't practice plays, but they can be there for certain amounts of time. That's why you saw a player holding a traffic cone like a football. They get X amount of hours to watch film and stuff like that.

[quote]The NCAA has specific rules about the football offseason. From Jan. 1 through the start of preseason practice (typically around Aug. 1), here are the rules for offseason activities:
•The team must designate eight weeks as student-athlete discretionary time, which is time when there can be no required workouts but athletes can do so if they choose.
•Outside of those eight weeks, the players can be required to participate in conditioning, weight-training activities and review of game film for a maximum of eight hours per week. No more than two of those hours can be spent viewing game film. No skill instruction is permitted. (There are separate rules for spring practice, see below).
•The team needs to designate nine consecutive weeks between the conclusion of the academic year and its reporting date for preseason practice as its summer conditioning period. At least one of those weeks must be designated as student-athlete discretionary time.
•During the remaining eight weeks of the summer conditioning period, athletes may be involved in voluntary weight training and conditioning activities. These activities are limited to eight hours per week.
•All the remaining days between the conclusion of the academic year and the report date for preseason practice are considered student-athlete discretionary time.
•There are 15 practice sessions allowed during spring practice. Rutgers' spring practice begins on March 25 and concludes with the Scarlet-White game on April 26. The biggest change during spring practice is players may be involved in 20 hours of athletic activities per week. There are more specific rules pertaining to spring practice, which I'll revisit before it begins next month.
[/quote]

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:34 pm

iaafan wrote:
stevo wrote:I did not think coaches could work with the team until spring ball. Strength coach only .
What is the rule? I think it is great that the new staff gets to work team right now.
They can't be there with a ball and can't practice plays, but they can be there for certain amounts of time. That's why you saw a player holding a traffic cone like a football. They get X amount of hours to watch film and stuff like that.
The NCAA has specific rules about the football offseason. From Jan. 1 through the start of preseason practice (typically around Aug. 1), here are the rules for offseason activities:
•The team must designate eight weeks as student-athlete discretionary time, which is time when there can be no required workouts but athletes can do so if they choose.
•Outside of those eight weeks, the players can be required to participate in conditioning, weight-training activities and review of game film for a maximum of eight hours per week. No more than two of those hours can be spent viewing game film. No skill instruction is permitted. (There are separate rules for spring practice, see below).
•The team needs to designate nine consecutive weeks between the conclusion of the academic year and its reporting date for preseason practice as its summer conditioning period. At least one of those weeks must be designated as student-athlete discretionary time.
•During the remaining eight weeks of the summer conditioning period, athletes may be involved in voluntary weight training and conditioning activities. These activities are limited to eight hours per week.
•All the remaining days between the conclusion of the academic year and the report date for preseason practice are considered student-athlete discretionary time.
•There are 15 practice sessions allowed during spring practice. Rutgers' spring practice begins on March 25 and concludes with the Scarlet-White game on April 26. The biggest change during spring practice is players may be involved in 20 hours of athletic activities per week. There are more specific rules pertaining to spring practice, which I'll revisit before it begins next month.
Thanks for the info. I had the same question.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:51 am

Just curious if they will be modeling the new uni combos at spring practices... :D :D :-^ :-^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:21 pm

They should make Wilcoxin's Bobcat Batter the official treat.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:18 am

Let the countdown begin. 22 more days! Cue up Europe!

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:13 pm

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/700531813031096321

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:37 am

Robert Wilcox doing some WORK in the offseason, squatting 500 lbs, safe to say knee is holding up alright?!
https://twitter.com/CoachBJ_MSU/status/700699583949606912