Fullerton to retire

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fullerton to retire

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 pm

vike_king wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Since the presidents and AD's vote on everything? Why do people dislike Doug?

He gave us the North Dakotan........
That Too. He was responsible for Earle the Pearl

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:48 pm

It'd be interesting to see a list of penalties the BSC has handed down to players, coaches and refs over the past 25? years or so.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm

TomCat88 wrote:It'd be interesting to see a list of penalties the BSC has handed down to players, coaches and refs over the past 25? years or so.
You guys keep asking these questions and Vim will never have a life again!

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:24 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
vike_king wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Since the presidents and AD's vote on everything? Why do people dislike Doug?

He gave us the North Dakotan........
That Too. He was responsible for Earle the Pearl

This is THE only reason any Cat fan should dislike him. The Earle Solomonson hire set our program back 17 years.'

Again, this should be the only discussion......I have spoken!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:24 am

Trifecta!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 am

77matcat wrote:Trifecta!!!!!!!!

Doug has to be close to 70. Time to move.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:58 am

I'm kind of suprised there's only one "Ash for Commish" post.

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 am

I think EWU's Bill Chaves would make a decent Commissioner (minus paranoia he would be a homer towards EWOO on decisions that might give them the upper hand).

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:23 am

lutecat wrote:I'm kind of suprised there's only one "Ash for Commish" post.
I'm surprised that so many people have been promoting Ash for MSU AD, and now some are mentioning his name as a potential successor to Fullerton. He's made it very clear that he'd like to keep coaching. When he didn't land a coaching job for next season, he apparently indicated that he might go on the speaking circuit. I'll bet that he'll pursue a coaching position again for the 2017 season. I've never even once, heard anything about him being interested in moving into athletic administration. Coaching and administration require very different skill sets, and most coaches are not interested in becoming AD's or commissioners, nor would they necessarily be good at it, just because they were successful coaches.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 am

Ropin Ray Willis.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:37 am

FTG247365 wrote:Does this mean instead of going to Reno for Basketball tournaments it can go back they way it's supposed to be?
I'm looking forward to Reno!! I think this is the right move for the conference. Get on board and make the trip!

It's a basketball junkie's dream, and you can go to wine country, gamble, ski or maybe even golf with the way the weather has changed.

:D :D :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:17 pm

John K wrote:
lutecat wrote:I'm kind of suprised there's only one "Ash for Commish" post.
I'm surprised that so many people have been promoting Ash for MSU AD, and now some are mentioning his name as a potential successor to Fullerton. He's made it very clear that he'd like to keep coaching. When he didn't land a coaching job for next season, he apparently indicated that he might go on the speaking circuit. I'll bet that he'll pursue a coaching position again for the 2017 season. I've never even once, heard anything about him being interested in moving into athletic administration. Coaching and administration require very different skill sets, and most coaches are not interested in becoming AD's or commissioners, nor would they necessarily be good at it, just because they were successful coaches.
I don't believe that lutecat was being serious...

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:24 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:Does this mean instead of going to Reno for Basketball tournaments it can go back they way it's supposed to be?
I'm looking forward to Reno!! I think this is the right move for the conference. Get on board and make the trip!

It's a basketball junkie's dream, and you can go to wine country, gamble, ski or maybe even golf with the way the weather has changed.

Look at the upside. With expected attendance, you can buy general admission tickets and sit at mid-court, five rows up, for every game! Of course, if you can afford the trip, hotel, meal, and" entertainment" expenses, you probably wouldn't pull the cheap ticket ploy. Thanks again, Doug! :lol:

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Fullerton is a piece of crap! This is better news than Fields not coming back. Fullerton has done nothing but ruin this conference and his love for Western College of Criminal Studies is disgusting. He should have been fired years ago. Glad to hear he is no longer in charge. Won't be hard to find someone better.

Punters are people too!!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:38 pm

First Fields, then Fullerton. Next up: Mark Emmert

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 pm

CatBlitz wrote:First Fields, then Fullerton. Next up: Mark Emmert
Check please!!!

Punters are people too!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:29 am

People made a very good point about the tv deals he's locked on, so I will give him that.

But the Big Sky conference is absolute crap on the national stage, at least in terms of basketball and football. He should rightfully take the blame for that. The conference is weak because member schools are weak. He's turned the Big Sky into what the Big East used to be.

I've looked around on the conference's web site and I can't find any kind of details about org charts and the like; e.g. I've been trying to find to whom he's accountable. I can't even seem to find out who hires a conference commissioner.

This is probably the biased fan in me, but he sure seemed to target MSU a lot more than other schools when it came to discipline.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:31 am

Cledus wrote:People made a very good point about the tv deals he's locked on, so I will give him that.

But the Big Sky conference is absolute crap on the national stage, at least in terms of basketball and football. He should rightfully take the blame for that. The conference is weak because member schools are weak. He's turned the Big Sky into what the Big East used to be.

I've looked around on the conference's web site and I can't find any kind of details about org charts and the like; e.g. I've been trying to find to whom he's accountable. I can't even seem to find out who hires a conference commissioner.

This is probably the biased fan in me, but he sure seemed to target MSU a lot more than other schools when it came to discipline.
Doesn't he report directly to the school presidents? I would think that they'd also be the ones responsible for hiring the new commissioner.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:43 am

John K wrote:
Cledus wrote:People made a very good point about the tv deals he's locked on, so I will give him that.

Doesn't he report directly to the school presidents? I would think that they'd also be the ones responsible for hiring the new commissioner.
I don't know, although it seems to make sense. If that's the case, my next question is why the school presidents put up with that bullcrap for such a long time.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 am

3-7-77 wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:

Look at the upside. With expected attendance, you can buy general admission tickets and sit at mid-court, five rows up, for every game! Of course, if you can afford the trip, hotel, meal, and" entertainment" expenses, you probably wouldn't pull the cheap ticket ploy. Thanks again, Doug! :lol:
Tickets - $300
Rooms - $395
Gas - Maybe $150

Entertainment and food - It depends

MAYBE $1,500 for the week for 2 at the top end. I think it's pretty affordable.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz