Naijiel Hale

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Naijiel Hale

Post by Marana CAT » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 pm

Sorry I may have missed this but is Naijiel Hale attending school this semester at MSU?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Naijiel Hale

Post by vike_king » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Sigh, please, no threads with just the players names.......something like "a quick innocent question regarding a transfer" or something like that. The threads with just the players name are usually bad news.

I will now go change my pants.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:17 pm

vike_king wrote:Sigh, please, no threads with just the players names.......something like "a quick innocent question regarding a transfer" or something like that. The threads with just the players name are usually bad news.

I will now go change my pants.
=D^ =D^

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

:lol: Agree with others on the thread title, the immediate thought is that something bad must have happened! To answer the question, of the three transfers only Neale and Bruggman have enrolled at MSU and will participate in spring practice.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Just a post to keep a beguiling thread open, and make even more freak out.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Although Hale told me he had been attending classes at Long Beach CCC, on signing day, Choate said Hale is not pursuing a AA degree at a juco because he wants to be eligible right away and have three years to play three. Not sure how his eligibility will work having taken a year off but Choate seemed to be confident he would have Hale on campus by the summer.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Although Hale told me he had been attending classes at Long Beach CCC, on signing day, Choate said Hale is not pursuing a AA degree at a juco because he wants to be eligible right away and have three years to play three. Not sure how his eligibility will work having taken a year off but Choate seemed to be confident he would have Hale on campus by the summer.
Colter - don't know if you can answer, but what are your impressions of the new staff? Do you see a different focus from them in comparison to Ash and co?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

77matcat
Member # Retired

Naijiel Hale

Post by 77matcat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:50 am

Good ?, but may be difficult to answer till it is possible to watch a few practices and a game or two. I am expecting big changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Although Hale told me he had been attending classes at Long Beach CCC, on signing day, Choate said Hale is not pursuing a AA degree at a juco because he wants to be eligible right away and have three years to play three. Not sure how his eligibility will work having taken a year off but Choate seemed to be confident he would have Hale on campus by the summer.
Interesting, I wonder why he didn't enroll for spring term and spring ball. That's a long time of no football or organized conditioning.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:39 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Interesting, I wonder why he didn't enroll for spring term and spring ball. That's a long time of no football or organized conditioning.
I'm assuming so he wouldn't lose a year of eligibility.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
I'm assuming so he wouldn't lose a year of eligibility.
Whoa it seems weird that he would lose a year of eligibility by getting back into school now after the season is over. I guess that's the NCAA for ya.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Once the NCAA clock start ticking you can't press pause on it. So I don't think sitting out a year would impact eligibility one way or the other.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

wbtfg wrote:Once the NCAA clock start ticking you can't press pause on it. So I don't think sitting out a year would impact eligibility one way or the other.

If he enrolled in juco he wouldn't "lose" a year but he'd be unable to transfer until achieving his AA degree which could take 2 years. At that time he'd have 2 years to play 1 (1 @ UW, 2 @ juco).

The route he took gives him 3 to play 3.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Right, but playing spring ball in Bozeman wouldn't affect is his eligibility, I'm just curious why he didn't enroll here in the spring.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:18 pm

wbtfg wrote:Right, but playing spring ball in Bozeman wouldn't affect is his eligibility, I'm just curious why he didn't enroll here in the spring.

Oh gotcha--I mis-read your post. Not sure on that one.

spring creek cat

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Is it just me? Or does this make anyone else nervous! I would feel a lot better if he was on campus.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:32 pm

spring creek cat wrote:Is it just me? Or does this make anyone else nervous! I would feel a lot better if he was on campus.

He did sign an LOI I believe? So that would keep him from going to another school right away

spring creek cat

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:39 pm

I think your right, I didn't think about that. Still wish he was on campus

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:57 pm

From what I read, this kid feels pretty fortunate to get another chance to play. Plus, he had to see that he is playing for a team that is in a conference where you can further your playing career. I just hope this isn't another Marino. That kid had a chance to do great things and screwed that up. Hope he comes to play and wish him he best of luck.

Punters are people too!!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:01 pm

#HaleACab

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com