Transfers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: Transfers

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:43 pm

RAshJudgement wrote:For all you guys that are sure this years Defense with the existing players, but a new coaching scheme, will far out perform last years....
Are you the same ones that were very sure of the same thing Last Year over the year befores poor showing?
Well...it's not like it can get much worse.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:00 am

bobcat99 wrote:
RAshJudgement wrote:For all you guys that are sure this years Defense with the existing players, but a new coaching scheme, will far out perform last years....
Are you the same ones that were very sure of the same thing Last Year over the year befores poor showing?
I'm pretty certain we'll be watching a unified team with leaders that stick to their guns at decision making time. So, yes we'll be better.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

RAshJudgement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RAshJudgement » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:31 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
I'm pretty certain we'll be watching a unified team with leaders that stick to their guns at decision making time. So, yes we'll be better.
the scary thing is both of the above have been the Motto the last two years............. :roll:

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:25 pm

RAshJudgement wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
the scary thing is both of the above have been the Motto the last two years............. :roll:
And that means what exactly? If you say something will get better and it doesn't a whole two times in a row, does that mean it will never get better? Every fan base, including ours, thinks things will get better and in our case we haven't...yet. 11-1, 14-2, 14-1, 7-4, 6-3, 5-6, 10-3, 9-5, 8-5. Looks like we've got worse the last two years in a row. We've lost more games the last two years (10) than in any other two-year stretch since the 1980s. We've lost 23 regular season games the last six years, we only lost 7 the previous six. Despite that you and I, and a lot of other Griz fans, still like to think we're going to get better. Do you think we'll be better next year?

Go Dark Brandon!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:53 pm

grizgirl wrote:
RAshJudgement wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
And that means what exactly? If you say something will get better and it doesn't a whole two times in a row, does that mean it will never get better? Every fan base, including ours, thinks things will get better and in our case we haven't...yet. 11-1, 14-2, 14-1, 7-4, 6-3, 5-6, 10-3, 9-5, 8-5. Looks like we've got worse the last two years in a row. We've lost more games the last two years (10) than in any other two-year stretch since the 1980s. We've lost 23 regular season games the last six years, we only lost 7 the previous six. Despite that you and I, and a lot of other Griz fans, still like to think we're going to get better. Do you think we'll be better next year?

Wow... it is weird to read a post like that from a Griz Fan....... are you drunk or something?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:52 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
RAshJudgement wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Wow... it is weird to read a post like that from a Griz Fan....... are you drunk or something?
No, I'm embarrassed to be grouped in with people like RAshJudgement. Some of your fans are like him, but I'll leave it to Cat fans to straighten that out. My message to him is don't roll your eyes at other fans when you're doing the exact same thing.

Everyone has high hopes their team will be better than they were the last year. I'm thinking our improvement on offense is greater than how far our defense slips. EWU fans probably think their defense will be better. So does PSU and so on and so on.

Go Dark Brandon!!

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Grizgirl, it's refreshing to see someone who isn't afraid to use a handle identifying them as a griz fan and who makes well-thought out posts that contributes to BN. Too bad we seem to have to put up with griz trolls such as Rassh..e who can't seem to get a life and continues to post his stupid crap on this board instead of griz nation. Perhaps he could go over there and start a thread on why none of the financial cuts ( that are due to Montana high school grads realizing a UM diploma is essentially garbage ) seem to be shared with the athletic department instead of just impacting the academic side???

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:20 pm

grizgirl wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
RAshJudgement wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

No, I'm embarrassed to be grouped in with people like RAshJudgement. Some of your fans are like him, but I'll leave it to Cat fans to straighten that out. My message to him is don't roll your eyes at other fans when you're doing the exact same thing.

Everyone has high hopes their team will be better than they were the last year. I'm thinking our improvement on offense is greater than how far our defense slips. EWU fans probably think their defense will be better. So does PSU and so on and so on.
yeah, it definitely goes both ways. I never post on Egriz, but look through it every so often... There are numerous Cat Fans posting on Egriz, just making an ass out of themselves and giving Bobcat fans a bad name... it drives me nuts. Basically, the equivalent of "Go Scats Go"... I will never understand why someone would get a kick out of being a complete dumbass on a rivals message board, again it happens both ways.... ](*,)

FTG- GO CATS GO!

RAshJudgement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RAshJudgement » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:28 pm

grizgirl wrote:
RAshJudgement wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
no...to be honest? I think the Griz will be happy if they are 7-5, 8-4 next year. They lost a big bunch of starters and other than a few possibelly viable transfers none or this years recruits will play or make a difference on the field....
They just happen to be a year a head of the Cats in the re-build phase...It'll take a few years before we know if either team built somethin'......It may be 4-5 years before either are actually capable of competing for a BSC un-contested championship, little alone any type of "Deep Run..."

As of last year both teams had no trench....and the Trenches are where it's won

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:46 pm

RAshJudgement wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
RAshJudgement wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
no...to be honest? I think the Griz will be happy if they are 7-5, 8-4 next year. They lost a big bunch of starters and other than a few possibelly viable transfers none or this years recruits will play or make a difference on the field....
They just happen to be a year a head of the Cats in the re-build phase...It'll take a few years before we know if either team built somethin'......It may be 4-5 years before either are actually capable of competing for a BSC un-contested championship, little alone any type of "Deep Run..."

As of last year both teams had no trench....and the Trenches are where it's won
While I agree we are in a rebuilding phase and not ready to compete for really anything at this point, you're smoking grass if you think its going to take us 4-5 years to be ready to compete for an uncontested BSC Championship. We'll be ready in 1-2, and I'll give us a fair chance of beating the jizz next year. This conference for the better part of 3 decades as been owned by one Montana team or the other... as it should be, neither team is 4-5 years off. I actually think the griz may even win the BSC next year, Stitt should be settled and barring a complete implosion, the griz will be solid. I believe we will be better on D to start the year. Again you're high, if you think we won't. We return virtually everyone - Sheridan and Thomas, which will be our biggest hole to fill and the weakest point on our D (which I'm sure will be the focus for a drop down to fill that hole and add depth). The main focus of springball will be D, and we will have something better than last year. I think the bigger question will be our offense and that's were we will struggle the most early on.

tonyp2375
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by tonyp2375 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Let's give the new staff a chance before we start evaluating what needs to happen.. Go Cats

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:54 am

[/quote]
While I agree we are in a rebuilding phase and not ready to compete for really anything at this point, you're smoking grass if you think its going to take us 4-5 years to be ready to compete for an uncontested BSC Championship. We'll be ready in 1-2, and I'll give us a fair chance of beating the jizz next year. This conference for the better part of 3 decades as been owned by one Montana team or the other... as it should be, neither team is 4-5 years off. I actually think the griz may even win the BSC next year, Stitt should be settled and barring a complete implosion, the griz will be solid. I believe we will be better on D to start the year. Again you're high, if you think we won't. We return virtually everyone - Sheridan and Thomas, which will be our biggest hole to fill and the weakest point on our D (which I'm sure will be the focus for a drop down to fill that hole and add depth). The main focus of spring ball will be D, and we will have something better than last year. I think the bigger question will be our offense and that's were we will struggle the most early on.[/quote]

EWU has pretty much owned the conference for this decade so far.

Also, I don't know what to think about the Stitt show going on over there. Amazing to think there are 51 players that are no longer on that team since he arrived. Yes this includes graduating seniors, but I can't imagine that there was that much dead weight, and that the prior coaching staff would have allowed so many players to lay around and not work, as I've heard many Griz fans portray it. Stitt is pretty much getting rid of the majority of players over there and replacing them with "his" guys. It might work out great for them but it might not. Either way, I think they struggle in 2016 and still won't have the consistency. I'm still not convinced that his "innovative" offensive philosophy will work in the Big Sky and the greater FCS.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 am

Success at another level doesn't mean success in the big sky any more for Stitt than Ash. The same problems that haunted Chip at Oregon will affect the dark pink. Any coach who remains legal and moral deserves at least 4 years to make his system work. After 4 years it is possible to determine the impact of his philosophy on the program. Until then, it is uncertain. I am certainly excited about the Cat's future.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:11 pm

catatac wrote:
While I agree we are in a rebuilding phase and not ready to compete for really anything at this point, you're smoking grass if you think its going to take us 4-5 years to be ready to compete for an uncontested BSC Championship. We'll be ready in 1-2, and I'll give us a fair chance of beating the jizz next year. This conference for the better part of 3 decades as been owned by one Montana team or the other... as it should be, neither team is 4-5 years off. I actually think the griz may even win the BSC next year, Stitt should be settled and barring a complete implosion, the griz will be solid. I believe we will be better on D to start the year. Again you're high, if you think we won't. We return virtually everyone - Sheridan and Thomas, which will be our biggest hole to fill and the weakest point on our D (which I'm sure will be the focus for a drop down to fill that hole and add depth). The main focus of spring ball will be D, and we will have something better than last year. I think the bigger question will be our offense and that's were we will struggle the most early on.[/quote]

Also, I don't know what to think about the Stitt show going on over there. Amazing to think there are 51 players that are no longer on that team since he arrived. Yes this includes graduating seniors, but I can't imagine that there was that much dead weight, and that the prior coaching staff would have allowed so many players to lay around and not work, as I've heard many Griz fans portray it. Stitt is pretty much getting rid of the majority of players over there and replacing them with "his" guys. It might work out great for them but it might not. Either way, I think they struggle in 2016 and still won't have the consistency. I'm still not convinced that his "innovative" offensive philosophy will work in the Big Sky and the greater FCS.[/quote]

You mentioned 51 players being gone. Unless I'm missing something, I count 35 (which is still a lot). There were 17 seniors who graduated and 18 who were on the roster last year who are not currently listed for 2016. Maybe I missed some?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
catatac wrote:
While I agree we are in a rebuilding phase and not ready to compete for really anything at this point, you're smoking grass if you think its going to take us 4-5 years to be ready to compete for an uncontested BSC Championship. We'll be ready in 1-2, and I'll give us a fair chance of beating the jizz next year. This conference for the better part of 3 decades as been owned by one Montana team or the other... as it should be, neither team is 4-5 years off. I actually think the griz may even win the BSC next year, Stitt should be settled and barring a complete implosion, the griz will be solid. I believe we will be better on D to start the year. Again you're high, if you think we won't. We return virtually everyone - Sheridan and Thomas, which will be our biggest hole to fill and the weakest point on our D (which I'm sure will be the focus for a drop down to fill that hole and add depth). The main focus of spring ball will be D, and we will have something better than last year. I think the bigger question will be our offense and that's were we will struggle the most early on.

Also, I don't know what to think about the Stitt show going on over there. Amazing to think there are 51 players that are no longer on that team since he arrived. Yes this includes graduating seniors, but I can't imagine that there was that much dead weight, and that the prior coaching staff would have allowed so many players to lay around and not work, as I've heard many Griz fans portray it. Stitt is pretty much getting rid of the majority of players over there and replacing them with "his" guys. It might work out great for them but it might not. Either way, I think they struggle in 2016 and still won't have the consistency. I'm still not convinced that his "innovative" offensive philosophy will work in the Big Sky and the greater FCS.[/quote]

You mentioned 51 players being gone. Unless I'm missing something, I count 35 (which is still a lot). There were 17 seniors who graduated and 18 who were on the roster last year who are not currently listed for 2016. Maybe I missed some?[/quote]
Since Stitt took over

So a two year span

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:12 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
catatac wrote:
While I agree we are in a rebuilding phase and not ready to compete for really anything at this point, you're smoking grass if you think its going to take us 4-5 years to be ready to compete for an uncontested BSC Championship. We'll be ready in 1-2, and I'll give us a fair chance of beating the jizz next year. This conference for the better part of 3 decades as been owned by one Montana team or the other... as it should be, neither team is 4-5 years off. I actually think the griz may even win the BSC next year, Stitt should be settled and barring a complete implosion, the griz will be solid. I believe we will be better on D to start the year. Again you're high, if you think we won't. We return virtually everyone - Sheridan and Thomas, which will be our biggest hole to fill and the weakest point on our D (which I'm sure will be the focus for a drop down to fill that hole and add depth). The main focus of spring ball will be D, and we will have something better than last year. I think the bigger question will be our offense and that's were we will struggle the most early on.

Also, I don't know what to think about the Stitt show going on over there. Amazing to think there are 51 players that are no longer on that team since he arrived. Yes this includes graduating seniors, but I can't imagine that there was that much dead weight, and that the prior coaching staff would have allowed so many players to lay around and not work, as I've heard many Griz fans portray it. Stitt is pretty much getting rid of the majority of players over there and replacing them with "his" guys. It might work out great for them but it might not. Either way, I think they struggle in 2016 and still won't have the consistency. I'm still not convinced that his "innovative" offensive philosophy will work in the Big Sky and the greater FCS.
You mentioned 51 players being gone. Unless I'm missing something, I count 35 (which is still a lot). There were 17 seniors who graduated and 18 who were on the roster last year who are not currently listed for 2016. Maybe I missed some?[/quote]
Since Stitt took over

So a two year span[/quote]

Hmmm, still think that's quite high. I know a few were cut or left after his first spring, but that was only 6-7 at the most I thought. But yes still a lot of new personnel no doubt.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Don't forget the parking lot attendants. \:D/

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."