Montana Recruits 2017

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2017

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:47 am

Hawks86 wrote:You know what's really lame? Reneging on a bet.
The equivalent to not hitting the next shot with your pants around your ankles if you don't make it past the ladies tees on the drive. Shows a man's true character. :thumbdown:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:59 pm

iaafan wrote:Considering their declining enrollment numbers, shouldn't UM be using its academic aid on non-athletes?
Good question.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:57 am

TomCat88 wrote:
iaafan wrote:Considering their declining enrollment numbers, shouldn't UM be using its academic aid on non-athletes?
Good question.
And the answer is absolutely no. Are you going to punish a great kid that is equally or more qualified to receive academic shcollies than others simply because they are a good athlete? What's first....the Student or the Athlete? That in itself has discriminatory violations written all over it. If athletics can't be used as a reason to give somebody academic aid, then certainly it can't be used to NOT give somebody academic aid.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:18 pm

I understand that part of it, but the issue isn't qualifications. It's enrollment and fiscal responsibility. UM's enrollment has dropped to a point where the school is laying off staff. For every athlete they bring in with academic funding a non-athlete is going elsewhere, which stresses their ability to pay staff.

tdub

Post by tdub » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:48 pm

iaafan wrote:I understand that part of it, but the issue isn't qualifications. It's enrollment and fiscal responsibility. UM's enrollment has dropped to a point where the school is laying off staff. For every athlete they bring in with academic funding a non-athlete is going elsewhere, which stresses their ability to pay staff.
You end up with the same number of students on aid either way with the same financial impact to the school. One on academic aid and one on athletic aid. If you don't give the academic to the "walk-on" athlete, they'll go somewhere else that will. If someone is that qualified academically do you really think they'd stick around and pay for school when they could get it for free elsewhere? The school loses the good student.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:55 pm

cats better get to work

2-0 UM :D

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:57 pm

iaafan wrote:I understand that part of it, but the issue isn't qualifications. It's enrollment and fiscal responsibility. UM's enrollment has dropped to a point where the school is laying off staff. For every athlete they bring in with academic funding a non-athlete is going elsewhere, which stresses their ability to pay staff.
Really... UM has 13,000+ students. Do you really think less than 100 scholarships would matter?

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
The equivalent to not hitting the next shot with your pants around your ankles if you don't make it past the ladies tees on the drive. Shows a man's true character. :thumbdown:
Where's the beef?
Up your nose with a rubber hose.
Made you flinch

Are you guys every gonna get past that A dumb bet was made... yes I lost and yes I did disappear for about 1 year. But I'm here and I'm not going to leave. So SUCK it!

So keep bringing the weak crap... It does not and will not change that when Idiots make wild statements, I will call them on it. That is the only times that you all get pissed at my comments.
See Sean Opland is the best athlete on the field (8 carries= 13 yards)

Let me give you some advice (Its good advice but the ones that need to hear it won't listen), If you want to be considered upper tier fans and programs start acting like it. Stop giving a crap what any fan base says about anything that has to do with msu athletics. (And yes there are some morons on Egriz that need to heed the same advice)

Some of you totally understand what I am saying but will keep quiet, because of the loud obnoxious few that get their panties in a wad every time anyone say anything remotely irritating to your cat pride.

So as I said the ones that should listen, Won't listen and will now begin 2 pages of temper tantrums about what I just posted... Its fine, it will just prove the points listed above...
Last edited by Go Scats Go on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:15 pm

And remember... I did not start this, and have never started an arguement here... just responded to those select few that say idiotic things or go after me first....

Dont believe it? Prove me wrong.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Just so you know...

I don't give a crap about how many Montana kids are signed each year... my dig was at those here that seem to think that signing 10 Montana kids over 6 at UM, somehow makes the cats NCAA Champs...

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:05 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Really... UM has 13,000+ students. Do you really think less than 100 scholarships would matter?
Less than 10,000 on um campus in missoula by the way if we are being truthful:
https://mus.edu/data/enrollment/MUS%20F ... ummary.pdf

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:11 am

Go Scats Go wrote:And remember... I did not start this, and have never started an arguement here... just responded to those select few that say idiotic things or go after me first....

need a tissue? :-({|=

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:48 am

Go Scats Go wrote:and have never started an arguement here...

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:06 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Where's the beef?
Up your nose with a rubber hose.
Made you flinch

Are you guys every gonna get past that A dumb bet was made... yes I lost and yes I did disappear for about 1 year. But I'm here and I'm not going to leave. So SUCK it!

So keep bringing the weak crap... It does not and will not change that when Idiots make wild statements, I will call them on it. That is the only times that you all get pissed at my comments.
See Sean Opland is the best athlete on the field (8 carries= 13 yards)

Let me give you some advice (Its good advice but the ones that need to hear it won't listen), If you want to be considered upper tier fans and programs start acting like it. Stop giving a crap what any fan base says about anything that has to do with msu athletics. (And yes there are some morons on Egriz that need to heed the same advice)

Some of you totally understand what I am saying but will keep quiet, because of the loud obnoxious few that get their panties in a wad every time anyone say anything remotely irritating to your cat pride.

So as I said the ones that should listen, Won't listen and will now begin 2 pages of temper tantrums about what I just posted... Its fine, it will just prove the points listed above...
Great post! I used to enjoy pizzing posters such as info-what ever--just because all I had to do is state anything remotely obscure an not in any shape or form relevant to any discussion and he'd go off. I kind of enjoy doing the same thing to our own such as kittycop, johnk, and any of the other "expert" posters we have. But, your avatar really sucks. Can't you do any better than that?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:09 am

Go Scats Go wrote:

Follow your own advice.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:14 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

Follow your own advice.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:14 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:and have never started an arguement here...

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:15 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:And remember... I did not start this, and have never started an arguement here... just responded to those select few that say idiotic things or go after me first....

need a tissue? :-({|=

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:15 am

Go Scats Go wrote:cats better get to work

BTW 4-0

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:23 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:cats better get to work

BTW 4-0
Sitting in your mom's basement, hanging on every post on your rivals message board must be quite a life huh?