Montana Recruits 2017

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2017

Post by wbtfg » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 am

Love the Davis family.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am

VimSince03 wrote:https://twitter.com/_ryandavis__/status/716429420517466112 Ryan is one of the top MLBers in the 2017 Montana class and is set to have a big season for Billings Skyview next year. He is the youngest brother of former Bobcat Leo Davis. Was Second Team All-State at MLB his junior season.

Leo wasn't just a good football player, but a high class individual and a credit to his heritage.

I remember Ryan and all of Leo's family coming to the games.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 am

https://twitter.com/Dawsen_Berg_23/status/716425941216419840 In my opinion, the top interior offensive lineman in Montana next year. Looking to have a big year for Billings Skyview his senior season. Is an absolute mauler in the run game.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:19 am

I don't recall the Cats ever actually doing this (Junior Day) or, if they did, ever having this many kids, including a lot of out of staters, or this enthusiastic response from the attendees. does anyone have any insight?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:26 am

DicTater wrote:I don't recall the Cats ever actually doing this (Junior Day) or, if they did, ever having this many kids, including a lot of out of staters, or this enthusiastic response from the attendees. does anyone have any insight?
I'm pretty sure they do a junior day every year (someone tell me if I'm mistaken). Twitter makes it more of a spectacle. Part of the recruitment process for juniors.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 am

VimSince03 wrote:
DicTater wrote:I don't recall the Cats ever actually doing this (Junior Day) or, if they did, ever having this many kids, including a lot of out of staters, or this enthusiastic response from the attendees. does anyone have any insight?
I'm pretty sure they do a junior day every year (someone tell me if I'm mistaken). Twitter makes it more of a spectacle. Part of the recruitment process for juniors.
Attended the one last year. Was a handful from out of state.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:02 am

kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Yeah they always have one . . . I'm fairly confident most college football programs have something like a junior day . . . I'm not sure if having 96 kids is normal though . . . seems like thats a lot more then years past.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:04 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Yeah they always have one . . . I'm fairly confident most college football programs have something like a junior day . . . I'm not sure if having 96 kids is normal though . . . seems like thats a lot more then years past.
didn't we have 30-40 last year if I remember right?

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:06 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Yes I believe talent and numbers at a higher level this year.

catsack
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catsack » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:49 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
According to VimSince03 they send out hundreds of invites , he acted like it was no big deal on egriz to get an invite!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 pm

catsack wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
According to VimSince03 they send out hundreds of invites , he acted like it was no big deal on egriz to get an invite!
Of course its a big deal! It means you are getting interest from an FCS football program. They try to get the Montana kids there and then any out-of-state prospects they can but it isn't paid for by the college (unofficial visits) so that part is harder. Thus you send out a lot of invites to out-of-state kids and see who can make it.

msufaithful
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msufaithful » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:49 am

VimSince03 wrote:
catsack wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Of course its a big deal! It means you are getting interest from an FCS football program. They try to get the Montana kids there and then any out-of-state prospects they can but it isn't paid for by the college (unofficial visits) so that part is harder. Thus you send out a lot of invites to out-of-state kids and see who can make it.
This year was different kids sign up to go, I would think some were invited. But the last several years Junior Day was an invite only for instate and out of state kids that why the numbers were lower.

NighthawkMSU
New Recruit

Post by NighthawkMSU » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:41 pm

Let's get haucks kid, bet that would raise some hell !

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Will have an updated ranking on these kids next week guys. Track season has started and some "eye raisers" are already happening with some of these kids. Keaton Anderson and the Deming twins from Billings Senior and Billings West, respectively, have started off their seasons with some great postings. Javelin thrower Casey Cole is letting it fly and is getting looked at by some major track programs. The two Polson kids (Rensvold and Wilson) posted some good 200 times last week. Overall, I'm tracking all the results because you can definitely use track as a factor for their football rankings.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 pm

How about Benji Phillips in Glasgow. Will be the starter at QB in 2016, after two seasons at RB. He threw the Javelin 196' in the opening meet in Glasgow, and won the long jump, (21 something) 100 and 200, running an 11.3 in the 100. He's not on anyone's radar for football, but the kid is a stud!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:30 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:How about Benji Phillips in Glasgow. Will be the starter at QB in 2016, after two seasons at RB. He threw the Javelin 196' in the opening meet in Glasgow, and won the long jump, (21 something) 100 and 200, running an 11.3 in the 100. He's not on anyone's radar for football, but the kid is a stud!
Most likely will go the track route but he is moving up the list quickly. His track season has been outstanding thus far and he has been a name everyone seems to keep bringing up when I ask who the best running backs are in the state. If he gets a little bigger in terms of weight, he is definitely a running back to watch next year...even if he plays quarterback (Sean Opland played QB his senior year as well).

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:59 pm

The coaches are all out recruiting Montana as we speak. They are tweeting a picture of each school they visit throughout the day...and they may be visiting every school in the state before their done.

Matt Miller: Bitterroot Valley surrounding area (he tweeted he was at Darby so that is about as Southwest as you can go in Montana; next started to hit Hamilton, Corvallis, etc. so likely making his way up to Missoula)
Kane Ioane: Billings city limits
Brian Armstrong: Hi-Line (the great wide-open)
Byron Hout: Flathead Lake and surrounding area
Michael Pitre: Helena area down through Whitehall
Gerald Alexander and BJ Robertson: East of Billings and beyond (probably headed all the way to Baker and maybe all the way up to Plentywood after that)
Ty Gregorak and Courtney Messingham: do not know yet but I'm assuming Missoula, Dillon, Great Falls, and even more Helena will be hit up by these guys

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Finally got an update out and added 10 new players. I have a list of 193 kids right now and it may grow by a few more Class C kids. Again, I do this mostly so the kids gets some exposure and so people can know who some of the top kids are in the state.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:40 pm

What would be your top 20 if you combined with 2016? Just to compare.

And did you see Luke has cancer. :( Super sad stuff.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:07 am

[quote="Bemiller49"]

And did you see Luke has cancer. :( Super sad stuff.[/quote]
Luke who has cancer?