Montana Recruits 2017

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Re: Montana Recruits 2017

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Cataholic wrote: He also said that he doesn't care how many MT kids the Griz get which pretty lame ass when you are supposed to represent the state of Montana. I also pointed out some of the best Griz teams were full of Montana kids.
I only care about UM getting the best players they can... no matter where they lived. Is that so hard to understand?

BTW... Those Griz teams that were "Full of Montana kids" Had more starters from out of state than in state.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:17 pm

Vim, I am trying to get this back to the recruits...

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Hey asshat, shut the ****** up!

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:02 pm

autocat wrote:Hey asshat, shut the ****** up!
#11 for those of you playing along...

I think now the 4 most ridiculous cat posters have shown their colors... nice work fellas. My work is done here on this thread enjoy the 4th of July...

Autocat
Cataholic
Hawks86
luckyirishguy25

Have shown their ability to be played and not even know it. Does anyone else want to show their verbal prowess?

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Top 6 in the State of Montana- Pre-season
Troy Anderson (Dillon)
Nate Dick (Billings Senior)
Tadan Gilman (Kalispell Glacier)
Matthew Rensvold (Polson)
Jaxen Hashley (Kalispell Glacier)
Cade Wessel (Bozeman)

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:53 pm

I know there has been some action on the Griz end with picking up commitments from Matt Rensvold and the Deming twins. Like I said, when I get these kids ranked by position, I will update the whole entire top list, which will look different. I'm currently on the linebackers. Its a fun group but a tough one to rank. Also I promised myself I would enjoy my 4th of July weekend so see you guys on Tuesday morning! Congrats to Matthew Rensvold and the Deming twins on their commitments to the Griz.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:30 pm

So when my updated list comes out, the top 3 will be Keaton Anderson, Troy Andersen, and Jaxen Hashley. Just how close are Keaton Anderson and Troy Andersen athletically?

Best Times During Junior Track Season:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)
Keaton - Long Jump (22-7.5)

Troy - (Didn't compete in the High Jump but he can dunk with ease)
Keaton - High Jump (6-6) - The second best jump in the state to Jacob Hadley's (6-6.5)

Troy was an All-State QB/S for Dillon and was the Southwestern A Offensive MVP as a junior. Keaton was First Team All-State at safety for state runner-up Billings Senior. To round out the top 5, Braydon Deming and Tadan Gilman will be in there as well. When will the list be out? I don't I'm kind of pulling a George R.R. Martin and saying it will be done when it's done. I'm only one man and there are 200+ kids to look at. I do have the positions ranked with a Top 10 for each. Now I've begun writing the evaluations/scouting reports.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:39 pm

VimSince03 wrote:So when my updated list comes out, the top 3 will be Keaton Anderson, Troy Andersen, and Jaxen Hashley. Just how close are Keaton Anderson and Troy Andersen athletically?

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

Keaton - High Jump (6-6) - The second best jump in the state to Jacob Hadley's (6-6.5)

Troy was an All-State QB/S for Dillon and was the Southwestern A Offensive MVP as a junior. Keaton was First Team All-State at safety for state runner-up Billings Senior. To round out the top 5, Braydon Deming and Tadan Gilman will be in there as well. When will the list be out? I don't I'm kind of pulling a George R.R. Martin and saying it will be done when it's done. I'm only one man and there are 200+ kids to look at. I do have the positions ranked with a Top 10 for each. Now I've begun writing the evaluations/scouting reports.
I would assume Hashley and KAnderson would lean toward MSU. Any insight on TAnderson or Gilman?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:42 pm

wbtfg wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:So when my updated list comes out, the top 3 will be Keaton Anderson, Troy Andersen, and Jaxen Hashley. Just how close are Keaton Anderson and Troy Andersen athletically?

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

I would assume Hashley and KAnderson would lean toward MSU. Any insight on TAnderson or Gilman?
I get the Hashley connection, since he is Doug's son, but what is K. Anderson's connection to MSU?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Not sure, I just searched his name on facebook and his page is decked out with MSU stuff.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:48 pm

wbtfg wrote:Not sure, I just searched his name on facebook and his page is decked out with MSU stuff.
Oh...gotcha.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Keaton is getting interest from a ton of schools. Cats, Griz (the whole staff follows him on twitter), UND (every coach follows him on twitter), Portland State, Northern Colorado, and Idaho. I think he is a Cat fan but the recruitment is wide open. Will likely come down to the offer and the visits. When you have options, why not right?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

Troy's sister is on the MSU track team and his father and brother both attended/attend MSU. Tadan's father was recruited heavily by the Griz back in the before he committed to Tom Osbourne at Nebraska.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

As always nice work Vim, any insight on whether we have offered these kids yet?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:00 pm

https://twitter.com/CoachChoate_MSU/status/755129429446135808 I think we just got an in-state kid for 2017!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Who all has committed so far?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Just Troy Andersen (Bobcats), Braydon Deming (Griz), Bryson Deming (Griz), Matt Rensvold (Griz), and Michael McGinnis (Griz).

I'll get the list back up soon.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Cataholic wrote: He also said that he doesn't care how many MT kids the Griz get which pretty lame ass when you are supposed to represent the state of Montana. I also pointed out some of the best Griz teams were full of Montana kids.
I only care about UM getting the best players they can... no matter where they lived. Is that so hard to understand?

BTW... Those Griz teams that were "Full of Montana kids" Had more starters from out of state than in state.
Exactly and thank you, now if you see some of those part-time "walmart" griz fans, repeat your exact words from your last sentence to them. That way maybe you can help stop that drunk fat guy with his griz hat on backwards sitting at the bar, trying to tell me how special the griz are because of the MT kids. If you stop one, that is progress.

If your left, you aren’t right.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Will be interesting to see how Luke Gonsioriski turns out. Truly hoping for the best for him, but I'm sure he's just glad to be alive at this point.

If we could get both Andersons, Gilman, and Hashley that would be great. I'm still hoping we get Gonsiorski too, but I don't know if he's favoring us or UM, or if he'll return to the player he was.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:35 pm

bobcat99 wrote:Will be interesting to see how Luke Gonsioriski turns out. Truly hoping for the best for him, but I'm sure he's just glad to be alive at this point.

If we could get both Andersons, Gilman, and Hashley that would be great. I'm still hoping we get Gonsiorski too, but I don't know if he's favoring us or UM, or if he'll return to the player he was.
Gonsiorski's are Griz fans. I do know that. Not that this matters but Ivy League schools and UND have really been after him as well. But his senior year will likely determine his future. Great story none the less.

And like I've said, where Keaton Anderson is leaning is anyone guess. On Twitter, he is following every coach from the Grizzly coaching staff, UND coaching staff, MSU coaching staff, Portland State coaching staff, etc. Seems like the entire Big Sky is after him.

A kid that is kind of flying under the radar is Billings Skyview's Ryan Davis (MLB). Wyoming coaches have been following him on Twitter including the head guy himself, Craig Bohl. He is yet another Bobcat legacy player (Leo Davis's little brother) and if he has a big senior season, watch out for his recruitment as well.

A lot of talent out of Montana this year.