Montana Recruits 2017

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Montana Recruits 2017

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Added value to Tech recruiting - the opportunity to make the playoffs every year and play for a national title.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:22 pm

thefrank1 wrote:Added value to Tech recruiting - the opportunity to make the playoffs every year and play for a national title.
And you can get an engineering degree!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 pm

https://twitter.com/CadeWessel/status/829493867145617408 This was a realistic possibility from the beginning. Comes from a military family. Really good kid. Good luck to Cade!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:36 am

I don't know if anyone talked about it, but Owen Davis from Eureka has committed to Montana Tech according to my wife who works at the school. No idea what kind of aid he'll be getting or if he'll be a PWO.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Curious. Where is wyo Gatorade poy going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not certain but I think he's going to Rocky. There's a lot of kids I know chose to go play for Jason Petrino in lieu of the uncertainty with other small school offers. Petrino's only been at Rocky for a year and the list of the 42 kids he signed looks like an All-State coup from Montana, Idaho and Wyoming for his program and I personally hope he stays in Billings for the next four years.

The thing the kids who chose Rocky to play for him are counting on is if he does move up he'll without a doubt take a few of the kids he recruited this year with him.
well, looks like the wyo poy is now going to be a Bobcat http://twitter.com/CoachBJ_MSU/status/831954847310114816

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 pm

TRC - The Right Cat, The Right Colors whether it's Broncs or Bobcats.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Austyn Sherwood from Eureka signed with Carrol.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:59 pm

JDoub wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Curious. Where is wyo Gatorade poy going?

I'm not certain but I think he's going to Rocky. There's a lot of kids I know chose to go play for Jason Petrino in lieu of the uncertainty with other small school offers. Petrino's only been at Rocky for a year and the list of the 42 kids he signed looks like an All-State coup from Montana, Idaho and Wyoming for his program and I personally hope he stays in Billings for the next four years.

The thing the kids who chose Rocky to play for him are counting on is if he does move up he'll without a doubt take a few of the kids he recruited this year with him.
well, looks like the wyo poy is now going to be a Bobcat http://twitter.com/CoachBJ_MSU/status/831954847310114816
Huh.....well would you look at that. ;)

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:08 am

https://twitter.com/kendallj33/status/833024280761921537 One of the best linebackers (and enforcers) in Montana last year. Is going to give it a go at the Naval Academy. Good luck to Kendall!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:10 pm

https://twitter.com/GazSportsHansen/status/835227765884534788

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/GazSportsHansen/status/835227765884534788
The best "value" recruit from the 2017 class. Getting him as a PWO is an absolute steal.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:34 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/GazSportsHansen/status/835227765884534788
The best "value" recruit from the 2017 class. Getting him as a PWO is an absolute steal.
Has had quite the season, he can shoot the ball pretty well too. Maybe Fish can ask about renting him for the basketball season?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 pm

https://twitter.com/BSullytyme/status/835244414670778368

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:15 pm

http://www.montanasports.com/2017/02/25 ... er-polson/

Troy Anderson alley-oop dunk at about the :20 mark.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:14 am

Were there any de-commits this year? I know we have a lot of posters that fret over players de-committing after they give their verbal, but it doesn't seem to happen very often.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:33 am

iaafan wrote:Were there any de-commits this year? I know we have a lot of posters that fret over players de-committing after they give their verbal, but it doesn't seem to happen very often.
The only one happened back in November with LB recruit Mitch Johnson out of West Linn High School in Oregon. Something with the offer. That was it. Overall, an incredible job by our coaches.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:49 pm

Badlands Bowl roster
Montana roster

Head coach: Chris Murdock, Billings Senior. Assistants: TJ Umemoto, Senior; Rick Nordahl, Dillon; Roger Merritt, Sidney; Trevor Utter, Eureka; Chris Hess, Ennis

Offense

Quarterback: Nate Dick, Senior; Callahan O’Reilly, Bozeman

Running back: Ryan Arnston, Helena; RJ Fitzgerald, Dillon

Wide receiver: Lance McCutcheon, Bozeman; Mitch Roberts, Missoula Sentinel; Derrick Olson, Helena; Matthew Rensvold, Polson; Braxton Reiten, Columbia Falls; Chandler Allen, Fairfield

Center: Blade Miller, Billings West; Kellen Bemis, Kalispell Glacier

Guard: Bo Hann, Missoula Big Sky; Justin Pfeifer, Cut Bank; Todd Nordahl, Dillon

Tackle: Luke Poetzl, Senior; Daniel Stockton, Helena

Defense

Line: Jaxen Hashley, Glacier; Brentley Steinbeisser, Sidney; Ty Morgan, Ennis; Joe Fehr, Eureka; Hayden Hegg, Senior; Jaylen Taggert, Hamilton

Linebacker: Marcus Welnel, Helena Capital; Patrick O’Connell, Glacier; Trevor Hoerner, Columbia Falls; Kendall Johnson, Helena

Safeties: Keaton Anderson, Senior; Troy Andersen, Dillon; Tadan Gilman, Glacier; Tanner Wilson, Polson

Cornerbacks: Jake Orvis, Senior; Dawson McGlothlin, Sidney; Michael McGinnis, Sidney

Alternates: Matt Farrier, Bigfork; Tyler Burk, Miles City; Rielly Connley, Miles City; Owen Davis, Eureka; Trace Jones, Sidney; Jake Knack, Ennis; Dakota Bridwell, Columbia Falls; Peyton Hanser, Billings Central; Cullen Roll, Billings Senior; Max Clarke, Billings Senior; Benjie Phillips, Glasgow; Kellen Round, Missoula Loyola

Trevor Paro, Hot Springs; Bryson Deming, West; Chaz Maddock, West; Jase Stokes, Havre; Hayden Van Winkle, Belgrade; Cannan Smith, Eureka; Casey Cole, Laurel; Cade Wessel, Bozeman; Brian LaFond, Butte; Kiley Caprara, Butte; Nick Wakai, Missoula Big Sky; Travis Catina, Whitefish; Andrew Simon, Whitefish
http://406mtsports.com/high-school/foot ... da68f.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Badlands Bowl roster
Montana roster

Head coach: Chris Murdock, Billings Senior. Assistants: TJ Umemoto, Senior; Rick Nordahl, Dillon; Roger Merritt, Sidney; Trevor Utter, Eureka; Chris Hess, Ennis

Offense

Quarterback: Nate Dick, Senior; Callahan O’Reilly, Bozeman

Running back: Ryan Arnston, Helena; RJ Fitzgerald, Dillon

Wide receiver: Lance McCutcheon, Bozeman; Mitch Roberts, Missoula Sentinel; Derrick Olson, Helena; Matthew Rensvold, Polson; Braxton Reiten, Columbia Falls; Chandler Allen, Fairfield

Center: Blade Miller, Billings West; Kellen Bemis, Kalispell Glacier

Guard: Bo Hann, Missoula Big Sky; Justin Pfeifer, Cut Bank; Todd Nordahl, Dillon

Tackle: Luke Poetzl, Senior; Daniel Stockton, Helena

Defense

Line: Jaxen Hashley, Glacier; Brentley Steinbeisser, Sidney; Ty Morgan, Ennis; Joe Fehr, Eureka; Hayden Hegg, Senior; Jaylen Taggert, Hamilton

Linebacker: Marcus Welnel, Helena Capital; Patrick O’Connell, Glacier; Trevor Hoerner, Columbia Falls; Kendall Johnson, Helena

Safeties: Keaton Anderson, Senior; Troy Andersen, Dillon; Tadan Gilman, Glacier; Tanner Wilson, Polson

Cornerbacks: Jake Orvis, Senior; Dawson McGlothlin, Sidney; Michael McGinnis, Sidney

Alternates: Matt Farrier, Bigfork; Tyler Burk, Miles City; Rielly Connley, Miles City; Owen Davis, Eureka; Trace Jones, Sidney; Jake Knack, Ennis; Dakota Bridwell, Columbia Falls; Peyton Hanser, Billings Central; Cullen Roll, Billings Senior; Max Clarke, Billings Senior; Benjie Phillips, Glasgow; Kellen Round, Missoula Loyola

Trevor Paro, Hot Springs; Bryson Deming, West; Chaz Maddock, West; Jase Stokes, Havre; Hayden Van Winkle, Belgrade; Cannan Smith, Eureka; Casey Cole, Laurel; Cade Wessel, Bozeman; Brian LaFond, Butte; Kiley Caprara, Butte; Nick Wakai, Missoula Big Sky; Travis Catina, Whitefish; Andrew Simon, Whitefish
http://406mtsports.com/high-school/foot ... da68f.html
So now that this is out, I will finish the Shrine Game Breakdowns that I have promised all of you. But one quick thing, I don't see Braydon Deming listed at WR, DE, or LB. Might just be a mistake but if not, it is a huge oversight by Chris Murdock. I see Bryson listed as an alternate which I expected but no Braydon on this roster is just nonsense.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Aren't players only allowed so many all star games? Maybe wanted to play all with his brother. Also, don't think I saw the kid from baker?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:04 pm

wbtfg wrote:Aren't players only allowed so many all star games? Maybe wanted to play all with his brother. Also, don't think I saw the kid from baker?

They can also decline to play due to injury or personal. Chase Benson, Jed Nagler, Balue Chapman, and Andrew Grinde didn't play in any All-Star games last year. So Luke Gonsioroski could very well have declined to instead focus on Texas Tech summer workouts. As far as being allowed so many all-star games, I don't think that is a rule, and if there was a rule, it doesn't really apply to the Deming twins. AA players usually play in two All-Star games during the summer for Montana: the Shrine Game and the Badlands Bowl. Class B players like Jace Lewis, Trase LeTexier, Sean Opland, and Jered Padmos played in the Class B All-Star game, Badlands Bowl, and Shrine game last year.