Montana Recruits 2017

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Montana Recruits 2017

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Aren't players only allowed so many all star games? Maybe wanted to play all with his brother. Also, don't think I saw the kid from baker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They can also decline to play due to injury or personal. Chase Benson, Jed Nagler, Balue Chapman, and Andrew Grinde didn't play in any All-Star games last year. So Luke Gonsioroski could very well have declined to instead focus on Texas Tech summer workouts. As far as being allowed so many all-star games, I don't think that is a rule, and if there was a rule, it doesn't really apply to the Deming twins. AA players usually play in two All-Star games during the summer for Montana: the Shrine Game and the Badlands Bowl. Class B players like Jace Lewis, Trase LeTexier, Sean Opland, and Jered Padmos played in the Class B All-Star game, Badlands Bowl, and Shrine game last year.
I'm surprised they have Tadan GIlman at safety. I would've thought he'd be a linebacker or a running back. That being said, I don't know who I would've left off of the LB's or RB's to make room for him. Tough decisions

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:50 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Aren't players only allowed so many all star games? Maybe wanted to play all with his brother. Also, don't think I saw the kid from baker?

They can also decline to play due to injury or personal. Chase Benson, Jed Nagler, Balue Chapman, and Andrew Grinde didn't play in any All-Star games last year. So Luke Gonsioroski could very well have declined to instead focus on Texas Tech summer workouts. As far as being allowed so many all-star games, I don't think that is a rule, and if there was a rule, it doesn't really apply to the Deming twins. AA players usually play in two All-Star games during the summer for Montana: the Shrine Game and the Badlands Bowl. Class B players like Jace Lewis, Trase LeTexier, Sean Opland, and Jered Padmos played in the Class B All-Star game, Badlands Bowl, and Shrine game last year.
I'm surprised they have Tadan GIlman at safety. I would've thought he'd be a linebacker or a running back. That being said, I don't know who I would've left off of the LB's or RB's to make room for him. Tough decisions
Deep linebacker class last year so getting to add another linebacker while enhancing the safety position only strengthens the Montana defense in this game. Smart move actually.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Deep linebacker class last year so getting to add another linebacker while enhancing the safety position only strengthens the Montana defense in this game. Smart move actually.
Aww gotcha. I see what you mean. I didn't think of it that way. That's pretty darn brilliant!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Following Billings Centrals win, MSU will have seven in-state recruits playing in State basketball title games tomorrow night. Hashley/Gilman (Glacier), McCutcheon/O'Reilly (Bozeman), Andersen/Fitzgerald (Dillon), and Hanser (Billings Central).

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:22 am

VimSince03 wrote:Following Billings Centrals win, MSU will have seven in-state recruits playing in State basketball title games tomorrow night. Hashley/Gilman (Glacier), McCutcheon/O'Reilly (Bozeman), Andersen/Fitzgerald (Dillon), and Hanser (Billings Central).
Going to have at least three players with a hoop championship after tonight. I've seen Bozeman and Glacier play in Helena this year. Glacier took down the Hawks in Bozeman early this year, but I predict Bozeman and Dillon win. I'm hoping to get up to GF tonight.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:41 am

Troy Anderson was 9 for 10 from the field last night. Fourth straight trip to the A championship for Dillon.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 am

Championships for Gilman, Hashley, Anderson and Fitzgerald. Anderson now has four state titles and one runner up over the past two years in track, football and basketball. Still has one more track season to add on. The most impressive player of the four I watched last night in GF was Lance McCutheon, who has great court intelligence and is very athletic. Lethal combination.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Hanser and Anderson were both named to the Class A first team all tourney.

toM StUber

Shopkeeper
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Shopkeeper » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:07 am

Sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean to be an "Alternate?"

Is it essentially the 2nd team, or is it in case someone on the roster can't play?

Thanks...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:27 am

Shopkeeper wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean to be an "Alternate?"

Is it essentially the 2nd team, or is it in case someone on the roster can't play?

Thanks...
The two picks at RB were Ryan Arntson of Helena High and RJ Fitzgerald of Dillon. If one of them were not able to play, one of the alternate's at RB gets called up to the team and gets to play in the game. Looks like the alternates at RB are:

Matt Farrier - Big Fork
Jake Knack - Ennis (could also play be an alternate at LB)
Benji Phillips - Glasgow (could also play be an alternate at LB)
Trevor Paro - Hot Springs
Jase Stokes - Havre (could also play be an alternate at LB)
Hayden Van Winkle - Belgrade
Cannan Smith - Eureka

Shopkeeper
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Shopkeeper » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:34 am

VimSince03 wrote:The two picks at RB were Ryan Arntson of Helena High and RJ Fitzgerald of Dillon. If one of them were not able to play, one of the alternate's at RB gets called up to the team and gets to play in the game. Looks like the alternates at RB are:

Matt Farrier - Big Fork
Jake Knack - Ennis (could also play be an alternate at LB)
Benji Phillips - Glasgow (could also play be an alternate at LB)
Trevor Paro - Hot Springs
Jase Stokes - Havre (could also play be an alternate at LB)
Hayden Van Winkle - Belgrade
Cannan Smith - Eureka
Thanks very much.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Hanser won the dunk contest at the Radisson tourney.

toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:33 pm

2017 Badlands Bowl Roster Breakdown:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39926

Glen47
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Glen47 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:35 am

How do we stack up on the offensive side Vim? Know the defense will be lights out...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:44 am

Glen47 wrote:How do we stack up on the offensive side Vim? Know the defense will be lights out...
See the link above.

Glen47
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Glen47 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am

Looks like we got some pit bulls on the offensive line...Dick and company should have fun..

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 am

Glen47 wrote:Looks like we got some pit bulls on the offensive line...Dick and company should have fun..
Yup. It's a solid offensive line group.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:08 pm

The defensive breakdown for the Badlands Bowl is up for the lunch crowd!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39926

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Gonsioroski has cancer again. No one should have to go through this.

http://www.montanasports.com/2017/06/09 ... cer-again/

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:34 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:Gonsioroski has cancer again. No one should have to go through this.

http://www.montanasports.com/2017/06/09 ... cer-again/
Oh man. Kid is tough as hell. Prayers to him and his family.