Montana Recruits 2017

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2017

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 pm

I think I'll head over to egriz and post on every thread. I wonder how that would go over. Maybe Maroonblood, but nobody is ever on there. It would be hilarious.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:07 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Hashley's film is impressive.
Chase Benson 2.0 - just a big kid who disrupts the line of scrimmage

My other favorite tapes so far are Keaton Anderson, Brayden Deming, and Luke Gonsioroski. There are definitely some safeties in this class with the speed to play at the next level. Will add more to this list later today.
I may be a little biased (being that I cover High School Basketball) but I was really impressed with the athletic ability of both Keaton Anderson and Brayden Deming (along with his brother Brandon Deming). I have always looked at how a kid that is great at football, can play basketball....Both these kids can hoop.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:14 pm

SACCAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Hashley's film is impressive.
Chase Benson 2.0 - just a big kid who disrupts the line of scrimmage

My other favorite tapes so far are Keaton Anderson, Brayden Deming, and Luke Gonsioroski. There are definitely some safeties in this class with the speed to play at the next level. Will add more to this list later today.
I may be a little biased (being that I cover High School Basketball) but I was really impressed with the athletic ability of both Keaton Anderson and Brayden Deming (along with his brother Brandon Deming). I have always looked at how a kid that is great at football, can play basketball....Both these kids can hoop.
In my next ranking they will be in the top 5 and Deming might move ahead of Hashley. Still looking through highlights. Some impressive safety prospects in next year's class. Keaton may be the best of them all.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:05 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I think I'll head over to egriz and post on every thread. I wonder how that would go over. Maybe Maroonblood, but nobody is ever on there. It would be hilarious.
Please keep this thread on topic

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Updated with a new Top 20 with some observations. Both schools will not have to look too far for safety help next year. This Montana group coming up has them.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Is the over all speed better for this class?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Speed is up and size is down overall.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:52 am

By the way, if anyone who is reading this page throughout the year and has some opinions on the players I have (or have not) posted, please feel free to PM me. I won't post anything in here that is said in those private messages. It will simply help with the overall ranking. Really it helps me with some kids who are not getting enough notice. So come one, come all!

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Do you view Nathan Dick (BIllings Senior) more of a QB or DB prospect?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:44 pm

grizband wrote:Do you view Nathan Dick (BIllings Senior) more of a QB or DB prospect?
As of right now, a defensive back. But you never know. Some teams may give him a shot at QB. It is just a height thing with him but how many times have we heard that as a knock on great quarterbacks. Overall, he is a very good football player and athlete.

grizband

Post by grizband » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:46 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
grizband wrote:Do you view Nathan Dick (BIllings Senior) more of a QB or DB prospect?
As of right now, a defensive back. But you never know. Some teams may give him a shot at QB. It is just a height thing with him but how many times have we heard that as a knock on great quarterbacks. Overall, he is a very good football player and athlete.
Very true, Vim. He's a tremendous athlete, who plays both sides of the ball with talent and passion. As a former Bronc, I'm excited to see their team again next year, which return many players.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:47 pm

grizband wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Very true, Vim. He's a tremendous athlete, who plays both sides of the ball with talent and passion. As a former Bronc, I'm excited to see their team again next year, which return many players.
Is WR out of the question? I always viewed him as a future Mitch Greibel maybe

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:48 pm

grizband wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
They are the easy favorites next year. They will have the best secondary in the state on defense and the best offense as well. Keaton Anderson, Nathan Dick, Gabe Sulser, and Jake Orvis is a super talented secondary group.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
grizband wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Certainly not. He is most likely being recruited as an ATH.

grizband

Post by grizband » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
grizband wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Maybe, but he'll never play that in highschool. I think he's talented enough at his two current positions to at least get consideration at the college level. Plus, he's already throwing to the top receiver in the state (yes I'm biased).

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Digging into the Class C kids tonight. I pretty much have the Class AA, A, and B talent pegged. I'm familiar with most of the Eastern, Southern, and Northern Montana Class C kids (8 and 6 man) but if you guys have anyone you'd like to bang the table for let me know. Trying to put together a good Top 50 before my next update prior to Spring Ball on March 13.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Do any of your top 10 have obvious Cat/Griz family ties and/or leans? I think I've noticed that others have said that Hashley comes from a Cat family. That obviously doesn't guarantee he'll pick the Cats. I'm just curious if anyone knows of any connections.

wese_4
New Recruit

Post by wese_4 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Wesley Harshbarger of Twin Bridges High School for Class C 8 Man football. Highlight link: https://youtu.be/txXjRn2IagA with stats and achievements in the description below video. 3 sport athlete, competing in Football, Basketball, and Track. Love to hit and be really physical.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:13 pm

As promised, I will have a Top 50 out prior to spring ball next week. 30 more players will be added to the current list and the top 20 will be freshly ranked. Getting a lot of good info on all these kids and has helped my ranking. A few of these recruits will be playing major roles for their State basketball teams coming up these next few weeks. Watch for:

Class AA (Bozeman - March 10-12)

Brayden Deming - Billings West
Bryson Deming - Billings West
Nate Dick - Billings Senior
Mitch Roberts - Missoula Sentinel
Tadan Gilman - Kalispell Glacier
Jaxen Hashley - Kalispell Glacier (still recovering from injury but he was a 1st Team All-State player as a sophomore)

Class A (Missoula - March 3-5)

Casey Cole - Laurel
Troy Anderson - Dillon
Matt Rensvold - Polson
Tanner Wilson - Polson

These eight players are in my Top 20 and all are good basketball players.

Track season is also right around the corner. These 2017 recruits were 2015 State Qualifiers in the following events:

Keaton Anderson - Billings Senior (200m, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump)
Brayden Deming - Billings West (Shot Put, Discus)
Bryson Deming - Billings West (Shot Put, Discus)
Cade Wessel - Bozeman (Discus, Javelin)
Troy Andersen - (110H, 300H)
Casey Cole - Laurel (Javelin)
Kendall Johnson - Helena (Triple Jump)
Matt Rensvold - Polson (400m)
Sean Miller - Colubmia Falls (110H, 300H)
Luke Gonsioroski - Baker (200m)
Chandler Allen - (100m, Triple Jump)
Last edited by VimSince03 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Glen47
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Glen47 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Where's the wrestlers in this group.