Signing Day 2016

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Signing Day 2016

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:35 am

grizgirl wrote:A lot of players send in their LOI during a ceremony during their lunch breaks. Maybe that's what your late arrival is doing?
West coast kid also. He will be a cat. Calm down guys.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:35 am

So players who haven't committed anywhere yet but were on our radar are

Vincent Heard DB/WR From Harbor City, CA (offers from MSU, Northern Colorado, Colorado State, UNLV and an unofficial visit to Arizona)
Kainoa Fuiava DT from Downey, CA (offers from Sac State, Western Oregon, Colorado Mesa, Adams State, looks like he picked up a late offer from BYU, not sure if MSU has offered or not but coaches have definitely visited him)
Andrew Davis 3 * DB from Upland, CA (Said he will choose between MSU, Dixie State and UCLA. Picked up a late offer from Colorado Mesa)
Chris Hunter WR/OLB/DE from Lakewood, WA (Said he will choose between MSU, South Alabama, Idaho State, UTEP and Idaho, guessing it is between UTEP and Idaho)
Edward Vander 3* RB/WR from Paramount, CA (Only offer I see on his twitter is from MSU, not sure if that is still there, had interest from Arizona State, Nevada and New Mexico state but I don't believe any offers)
Tyler Hawkins OLB/DE from Palm Springs, CA (Offers from MSU, Dixie State, Sac State, Idaho State, San Diego and San Jose State, with interest from San Diego State, Said he would sign @ 2pm local time (3pm Mountain time)

There could be many more, these were just names I made note of a few weeks back in the recruiting process and have not seen anything on them committing as of yet. Colter & Vim are a lot more in tune than I am so they may know some of these have dropped off the radar.
Last edited by RobertCats on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 am

RobertCats wrote:So players who haven't committed anywhere yet but were on our radar are

Vincent Heard DB/WR From Harbor City, CA (offers from MSU, Northern Colorado, Colorado State, UNLV and an unofficial visit to Arizona)
Kainoa Fuiava DT from Downey, CA (offers from Sac State, Western Oregon, Colorado Mesa, Adams State, looks like he picked up a late offer from BYU, not sure if MSU has offered or not but coaches have definitely visited him)
Andrew Davis 3 * DB from Upland, CA (Said he will choose between MSU, Dixie State and UCLA. Picked up a late offer from Colorado Mesa)
Chris Hunter WR/OLB/DE from Lakewood, WA (Said he will choose between MSU, South Alabama, Idaho State, UTEP and Idaho, guessing it is between UTEP and Idaho)
Edward Vander 3* RB/WR from Paramount, CA (Only offer I see on his twitter is from MSU, not sure if that is still there, had interest from Arizona State, Nevada and New Mexico state but I don't believe any offers)
Tyler Hawkins OLB/DE from Palm Springs, CA (Offers from MSU, Dixie State, Sac State, Idaho State, San Diego and San Jose State, with interest from San Diego State, Said he would sign @ 2pm local time (3pm Mountain time)

There could be many more, these were just names I made note of a few weeks back in the recruiting process and have not seen anything on them committing as of yet. Colter & Vim and a lot more in tune than I am so they may know some of these have dropped off the radar.
Your guess is as good as mine! Looks like Tyler Hawkins will sign with Sac State. Fuiava just got a walk-on offer at BYU this morning and never got an offer from MSU. Chris Hunter will most likely sign with UTEP. Andrew Davis might not have an offer from us anymore. Vincent Heard hols an offer from MSU as of Jan. 26 and he hasn't signed anywhere yet. No clue on Edward Vander.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:51 am

RobertCats wrote:So players who haven't committed anywhere yet but were on our radar are

There could be many more, these were just names I made note of a few weeks back in the recruiting process and have not seen anything on them committing as of yet. Colter & Vim are a lot more in tune than I am so they may know some of these have dropped off the radar.
I saw a twitter post a few days ago from a WA kid that committed to UTEP. He suggested Chris Hunter was committing to UTEP as well.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:

There could be many more, these were just names I made note of a few weeks back in the recruiting process and have not seen anything on them committing as of yet. Colter & Vim and a lot more in tune than I am so they may know some of these have dropped off the radar.
Your guess is as good as mine! Looks like Tyler Hawkins will sign with Sac State. Fuiava just got a walk-on offer at BYU this morning and never got an offer from MSU. Chris Hunter will most likely sign with UTEP. Andrew Davis might not have an offer from us anymore. Vincent Heard hols an offer from MSU as of Jan. 26 and he hasn't signed anywhere yet. No clue on Edward Vander.
I'm quite confident that Andrew Davis is a non-qualifier. He was a 3-star guy who got a UCLA offer early then never got any other interest. When recruiting falls off like that and a guy is left to choose between the Pac 12 and Dixie State, it's almost always because of grades.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'm quite confident that Andrew Davis is a non-qualifier. He was a 3-star guy who got a UCLA offer early then never got any other interest. When recruiting falls off like that and a guy is left to choose between the Pac 12 and Dixie State, it's almost always because of grades.
Bingo.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:15 pm

https://twitter.com/2mattmiller/status/694947050354397184

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:18 pm

VimSince03 wrote:https://twitter.com/2mattmiller/status/694947050354397184
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Now that Kevin has officially signed, other known information is that Dawonya Tucker (Prairie View A&M), Darrius Mosley (Trinity CC - improve grades), and Marcus Simpson (had late interest from Incarnate Word and NAU; was not on official signing day list given to the media) are not going to sing today. Marcus has yet to appear on those two teams sites as a player to be signed. Maybe Marcus is just taking a longer time to decide. Other than the two known PWOs (QB Kamden Brown and OL Connor Floden), any new commits would be a surprise to us.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:35 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Now that Kevin has officially signed, other known information is that Dawonya Tucker (Prairie View A&M), Darrius Mosley (Trinity CC - improve grades), and Marcus Simpson (had late interest from Incarnate Word and NAU; was not on official signing day list given to the media) are not going to sing today. Marcus has yet to appear on those two teams sites as a player to be signed. Maybe Marcus is just taking a longer time to decide. Other than the two known PWOs (QB Kamden Brown and OL Connor Floden), any new commits would be a surprise to us.
Simpson was not on the official list and from our conversations throughout this process, I do not think he was going to be a qualifier either.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:41 pm

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: WR Kevin Kassis, Oak Ridge, El Dorado Hills, CA
http://skylinesportsmt.com/national-sig ... in-kassis/

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:02 pm

so, who is the best of this class in your opinion? obviously it's all a crap shoot, but is there a guy that really stands out, and us getting him is maybe even surprising?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:06 pm

ilovethecats wrote:so, who is the best of this class in your opinion? obviously it's all a crap shoot, but is there a guy that really stands out, and us getting him is maybe even surprising?
Excluding transfers, I believe Anthony Pegues is the gem of this class.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:07 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:so, who is the best of this class in your opinion? obviously it's all a crap shoot, but is there a guy that really stands out, and us getting him is maybe even surprising?
Could be. I'm betting Kassis when it's all said and done.

*and Chapman on D.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:42 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
He would be my choice as well! Looks like a STUD.

BobcatOninetails
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatOninetails » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:43 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

*and Chapman on D.
Can we let the ink dry on their LOI's and then talk about this? In 3-4 years?

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasgow

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:45 pm

BobcatOninetails wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

*and Chapman on D.
This is the internet, so no we can't wait! :)

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Lydell » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Will the 3:00 presser be video-streamed?

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:59 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
He would be my choice as well! Looks like a STUD.
I think you guys won the in-state and transfer battles, but we won the out-of-state battle. Of all our recruits we have 43% with star ratings and you have 40%, so pretty even there. I call it a tie. Lets all shake hands and do it again next year! :)

Go Dark Brandon!!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:01 pm

BobcatOninetails wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

*and Chapman on D.
Nothing wrong with fans speculating. It is a football forum and all. Not like someone is going to put a ban on conjecture here. Have a little fun.