New AD Candidates

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: New AD Candidates

Post by SACCAT » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:56 pm

lutecat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
BozCatFan wrote:Off the top of my head, in no particular order.

Dan Davies (experienced)
Josh Wanago (fund raiser, young)
Calli Sanders (highly experienced at higher levels, ties to Montana and MSU)
Drew Ingraham (young, ties to MSU)
Bruce Parker (experienced, ties to MSU)
Rob Ash

PF came in when the finances were a wreck and fixed that. Now we need someone who can raise money and has incredible PR skills to continue the upward trajectory.

I have no real clue on who would do the best, but I thought it would be worth starting to toss names around for discussion.

My vote would be for Calli Sanders or Rob Ash.
GOOD GOD NO!!! Anyone but him. Drew is the reason Fields was hired in the first place, he also was a major factor in the Bay of Pigs incident.
But you would be able to blame Drew........alot.........everytime any team lost......
Well....You make a good point.....NO

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm voting for Drew just to spite any if you who actually dislike him.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:04 pm

I don't think anyone really doesn't like him. The time I dealt with him, I found him very friendly and easy to work with. And he didn't jack the price of my tailgate spot $300. Josh did. That gives Drew a leg up on him in my view.

I get the feeling that Sac and Drew are good buddies.....

Phat Daddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Phat Daddy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 am

SonomaCat wrote:If we are making a change from our past way of doing things, I hope we bring in a superstar from the outside (maybe working as an assistant AD in a Big 5 conference) who can bring in a whole new set of ideas, connections, and enthusiasm to really give the whole athletic program a huge boost. So I hope that nobody on here has ever heard of whoever we hire.
I second that motion. It would be atypical for Waded to elect a non-renewal of Peter's contract and then promote someone from those he supervised. The department has been stale under Peter's leadership and while the argument will be that he did get the stadium renovation completed, I'll contend that was less his doing and more Waded's.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:07 am

lutecat wrote:I don't think anyone really doesn't like him. The time I dealt with him, I found him very friendly and easy to work with. And he didn't jack the price of my tailgate spot $300. Josh did. That gives Drew a leg up on him in my view.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:18 am

SACCAT wrote:
lutecat wrote:I don't think anyone really doesn't like him. The time I dealt with him, I found him very friendly and easy to work with. And he didn't jack the price of my tailgate spot $300. Josh did. That gives Drew a leg up on him in my view.

I once saw Drew punch a baby seal right in the mouth.

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:20 am

SACCAT wrote:

Can we pay him with lukewarm Zima?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:29 pm

wbtfg wrote:
SACCAT wrote:

Can we pay him with lukewarm Zima?

:rofl:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

TrueCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by TrueCat » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:39 pm

=D^
If any of the names on that list are reading this thread, I am sure they are very entertained.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:54 pm

TrueCat wrote:=D^
If any of the names on that list are reading this thread, I am sure they are very entertained.
Drew doesn't know how to read

TrueCat

Post by TrueCat » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:49 pm

He wont have to, there are plenty of pictures

ThunderCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ThunderCat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:37 am

We could do a lot worse than Drew
Last edited by ThunderCat on Thu May 06, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Based on virtually everyone of her hires above the department-head level I would not be surprised to see Cruzado appoint a female, possibly Hillary if she loses?? Think of the star power she and old Bill would bring to our increasingly liberal campus!!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:00 pm

I just want someone that will help get MSU athletics back to being the top in all sports. Also, someone that will get the ball rolling on the East Side bleachers. It is time to start doing something.

Punters are people too!!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:54 pm

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 pm

Sorry if this has been beat to death many times in the past couple months, just my observations. Waded did to Cat football what Royce did to Griz football, only subtlety. How does she get rid of one of the winningest coaches in MSU history AND do what many MSU alums wanted, namely get rid of Fields. Seems hacking off the non-performing aspect(the defensive coaching and philosophy) would have been much more productive, effective, and timely. It hasn't been that long ago that the Cat D was a force to deal with. Maybe Ash was told to get rid of the D coaches, but refused due to loyalty(my speculation)prompting Fields to can him(in hopes of saving his own job). We'll probably never know.
Whomever is the next AD, he/she will have no connection with MSU. Waded seems to be aiming much higher, and the Cats of the last 30 years will not suffice.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:26 pm

3-7-77 wrote:Sorry if this has been beat to death many times in the past couple months, just my observations. Waded did to Cat football what Royce did to Griz football, only subtlety. How does she get rid of one of the winningest coaches in MSU history AND do what many MSU alums wanted, namely get rid of Fields. Seems hacking off the non-performing aspect(the defensive coaching and philosophy) would have been much more productive, effective, and timely. It hasn't been that long ago that the Cat D was a force to deal with. Maybe Ash was told to get rid of the D coaches, but refused due to loyalty(my speculation)prompting Fields to can him(in hopes of saving his own job). We'll probably never know.
Whomever is the next AD, he/she will have no connection with MSU. Waded seems to be aiming much higher, and the Cats of the last 30 years will not suffice.
Ash's record was vastly inflated by inferior teams. That's all I'll say on that.

I hope Waded wants us to do better than the last couple decades. I sure as hell want us to.

4thecats

Post by 4thecats » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:29 pm

SonomaCat wrote:If we are making a change from our past way of doing things, I hope we bring in a superstar from the outside (maybe working as an assistant AD in a Big 5 conference) who can bring in a whole new set of ideas, connections, and enthusiasm to really give the whole athletic program a huge boost. So I hope that nobody on here has ever heard of whoever we hire.

YES YES YES!

NEW BEGINNING, NEW BLOOD.. SEE WHAT HAPPENED WHEN WE BROUGHT IN AN OUTSIDER FOR PRESIDENT

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 pm

3-7-77 wrote:Sorry if this has been beat to death many times in the past couple months, just my observations. Waded did to Cat football what Royce did to Griz football, only subtlety. How does she get rid of one of the winningest coaches in MSU history AND do what many MSU alums wanted, namely get rid of Fields. Seems hacking off the non-performing aspect(the defensive coaching and philosophy) would have been much more productive, effective, and timely. It hasn't been that long ago that the Cat D was a force to deal with. Maybe Ash was told to get rid of the D coaches, but refused due to loyalty(my speculation)prompting Fields to can him(in hopes of saving his own job). We'll probably never know.
After hiring Choate, I'm wondering why Fields was fired. That's probably going to turn into the best move he ever made.

The best way to tell if you have a bad coach is if your main rival likes him. We loved, and I mean loved, Rob Ash! I thought we'd lose bad in 2011 and 2013. Also thought we'd get crushed in 2012 and we did lose, but not by a lot. Your team just didn't look ready at all in those games and you have to think he's at least part of the reason. The two nicest things I can say about Ash is 1) he was a first class act and gentleman and 2) he did a lot better than I thought he would. When you hired him I honestly didn't think he'd last 3 years. Drake? Seriously?

I'm scared to death of Choate. Being a top assistant under one of the best coaches in the country gives him instant credibility and that's going to rub off on your players. You went from hiring a coach from non-scholarship Drake (equivalent of Division 3) to hiring a top assistant off one of the best staffs in the nation. That's a huge swing.

Go Dark Brandon!!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

New AD Candidates

Post by imacat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:25 pm

I like the timing of the Peter Fields announcement in that it gives plenty of time for the search process. I wager the new AD is someone who is not on any of our radar screens at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by imacat on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.