Tappan Suspended

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tappan Suspended

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm

grizatwork wrote:Just as an aside, this was not Gamboas first incident of "fighting." He was disciplined by one of the previous staffs for a similar incident. I could never get on the Gamboa bandwagon because of it. He got a few drinks in him and all of the sudden he wanted to fight everyone. His incident should have had the law involved. If one if his previous "opponents" wasn't so nice, it wouldn't have been the first time.
Safe to say he's a mean drunk, then? :coffee:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:21 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
grizatwork wrote:Just as an aside, this was not Gamboas first incident of "fighting." He was disciplined by one of the previous staffs for a similar incident. I could never get on the Gamboa bandwagon because of it. He got a few drinks in him and all of the sudden he wanted to fight everyone. His incident should have had the law involved. If one if his previous "opponents" wasn't so nice, it wouldn't have been the first time.
Ya know, we ask these kids to be hyper agressive on the field, and then want them to turn it down off. Not to make excuses, but are we helping them? Of course we're giving them a free education too.
Well, we ask them to turn it off after the whistle too. Guys are routinely kicked off of teams for throwing punches: see Roger Trammel for the Cats or LaGarret Blount on the Oregon Ducks. When those teams hand out the "death penalty" for throwing punches, when admins at UM or BYU (just to pick two local-ish examples) slap the guys on the wrist, it makes you wonder...

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Learning how to control/channel your emotions is an important part of learning how to compete at the top of your game. By the time you get to college you should know how to turn it on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:59 pm

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.
Its about time you saw the light!

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:01 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:17 am

Well that's just great.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:38 am

CelticCat wrote:
Well that's just great.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
While this is both a dumb and very serious mistake, it is not the end of the world for a 20 year old college student. I'm sure he'll learn from this situation and make better decisions in the future.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:20 pm

If that's the suspension issue, I'm not too concerned. As long as it doesn't happen again and he complies with whatever the coaching staff determines he has to do to get back active on the team.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?