A New Era

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

go96griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: A New Era

Post by go96griz » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:42 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Such attention to a picture on twitter. #-o It's not a poster.
It's an Internet meme, and THEY are butt hurt. Its funny
Pretty sure nobody is butt hurt about this little doozy. It's Christmas break and there is very little news so it's easy to get a laugh out of this. Surely you can see why Griz fans are laughing at this, right?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:05 pm

wbtfg wrote:
09griz wrote:Image
Putting that UM art degree to work, I see.
I'm glad he wasted 2 hours of his life shopping something so stupid. The kittens part is really original. He got us good.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:19 pm

go96griz wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Such attention to a picture on twitter. #-o It's not a poster.
It's an Internet meme, and THEY are butt hurt. Its funny
Pretty sure nobody is butt hurt about this little doozy. It's Christmas break and there is very little news so it's easy to get a laugh out of this. Surely you can see why Griz fans are laughing at this, right?
Spending significant time altering an internet pic and then running over to another teams forum to post and ridicule it, defines butthurt :lol:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Simple as this - griz fans don't like that ash is gone and are masking there nervousness with childish insults, because that's their watermark. It makes them uncomfortable that our coach is coming into the big sky with confidence and bravado.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Common Cat wrote:Simple as this - griz fans don't like that ash is gone and are masking there nervousness with childish insults, because that's their watermark. It makes them uncomfortable that our coach is coming into the big sky with confidence and bravado.
Not only that, Choate understands the importance of the rivalry. I felt like Ash only pretended to care just to shut up the critics.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Cledus wrote:
Common Cat wrote:Simple as this - griz fans don't like that ash is gone and are masking there nervousness with childish insults, because that's their watermark. It makes them uncomfortable that our coach is coming into the big sky with confidence and bravado.
Not only that, Choate understands the importance of the rivalry. I felt like Ash only pretended to care just to shut up the critics.
I don't think that he pretended to care, I just don't think he was capable of demonstrating the acumen and intensity needed to step up his teams' performance in a rivalry or playoff situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO CATS GO!!!

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:45 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Cledus wrote:
I don't think that he pretended to care, I just don't think he was capable of demonstrating the acumen and intensity needed to step up his teams' performance in a rivalry or playoff situation.

I can agree with and respect this. You're probably dead right.

It's disheartening though that others continue to question his integrity and dedication to MSU. I thought we were supposed to leave it alone and move on. It seems others are happy to continue shoveling dirt on the grave though.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:50 pm

KittieKop wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Cledus wrote:

I can agree with and respect this. You're probably dead right.

It's disheartening though that others continue to question his integrity and dedication to MSU. I thought we were supposed to leave it alone and move on. It seems others are happy to continue shoveling dirt on the grave though.
Agreed. He was always someone we could be proud to have representing our university, he did a really good job, and to say he didn't care is just a slap in his face. It's just not true. Outside of not winning as much as any of us would have liked - Ash more than anyone - he never did anything to inspire the vitriol of continuing to kick a guy when he's down. It's like sh!t-talking a guy at his funeral. Let it go. I hope he lands on his feet and does great.

GO CATS GO!!!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Ohhhhhh you mean exactly like 99.9% of Cats fans do with Stitt? Only times it by 10 and then you're in the ball park. After all, the majority of Cats fans are cool with missing playoffs as long as you beat the Griz, right. Wow.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Ohhhhhh you mean exactly like 99.9% of Cats fans do with Stitt? Only times it by 10 and then you're in the ball park. After all, the majority of Cats fans are cool with missing playoffs as long as you beat the Griz, right. Wow.
Times it? Lol!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
The later part of your statement is sad and sadly true.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:45 pm

I would also say that the majority of us cat fans are not the ones who post drivel on the griz board. I also can see from browsing that forum that it has dwindled into a closet full of posters who placate and argue amongst themselves. Many of us don't give a rip about Bob Stitt. A fraction really do care and go out of their way to make insults.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Way to just pull numbers right out of your ***. Such a reasonable post!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Why the hell would the griz be uncomfortable. Hardly anyone on this board had even heard of Choate. I like what he has said but no one knows what we have yet including the griz so no reason to be nervous yet. And I don't remember the last time confidence and bravado won a game!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:40 pm

gtapp wrote:
Why the hell would the griz be uncomfortable. Hardly anyone on this board had even heard of Choate. I like what he has said but no one knows what we have yet including the griz so no reason to be nervous yet. And I don't remember the last time confidence and bravado won a game!
Maybe it is because it is a different approach and departure from Ash and Co. And I would argue that confidence and bravado does win a lot of games!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:17 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:Like the slogan and background, but this is really bad. The coaches look ridiculous. I hope this is not an official poster.

Yes, concern troll is concerned. :D

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:09 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:BTW... this bobcat picture is a joke.
And an embarrassment to the whole state.
Please keep posting [emoji23][emoji106]
Can you imagine the Griz putting out a poster featuring the coaches? It could feature blank spots noted by accepting applications or maybe just a picture of Stitt. He is the innovator and has the ego!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:24 am

VimSince03 wrote:Image
I read them like they're goal statements. They seem reasonable as such. If you were to, for some reason, read them in past tense as accomplishments they'd be off base, but considering the new coaching staff I highly doubt that's the intention.

It's the opposite of the long running UM billboard and poster "We Are Montana," which comes off as a statement and seems to imply that unless you are part of that school or program you're somehow not Montana, whatever that means (I've lived here all my life and I wouldn't be able to explain what I meant if I said, "I am Montana."). But maybe I'm just inferring that. It probably didn't gain much traction due to being smack-like.

Both are meant to rouse their fan bases. If this Twitter production is getting this much attention maybe MSU should run with these goal statements as part a full marketing effort.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Hmm, MSU hired a coach no one had heard of, has passion and confidence and dare I say even some swagger. Comes in talking about owning the state, beating his rival, etc.

Why does this sound familiar? Oh, because it mimics UM's hire with Stitt? Of course if you ask Griz fans they'll tell you Stitt was/is very famous in the coaching world, a tidbit they read while Googling "Who is Bob Stitt?"

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:25 pm

I like the Poster. I like the Slogan. I like the Design.
I hate that they didn't photoshop out the Griz lanyard. Is this ANOTHER oversight by our Sports Information Department/Marketing?

Years ago, I gave up bitching about the lack of attention to detail in our Records/Heights/Weights/Academic or Athletic Years/Gameday programs/ etc......but they just keep happening. I probably should keep my mouth shut, but these things KEEP happening.

Just look at the confusion over Connor Thomas eligibility - a question that should've been answered by a quick trip to the website. Look at the "Countdown to Fall Camp" that happens every summer, and then peters out about 30 days prior. It's a joke. And these are just the recent ones that jump to mind.

It reflects poorly on our program. Yes - they are probably overworked. Yes - I have contacted the University. No - it has obviously not been fixed. If we want to be top-notch, and we want everyone to see that we're top notch, then we better fix the "chipped paint" on the proverbial "front porch".

rant over

Edit: It was my belief that the University put this out. I still believe that they did, but I went back and looked to see if it came out on official Facebook or Twitter. I can't find it there. If this was NOT put out by the University, then I apologize for this rant (but not that part about the Fall Camp countdown, etc.). If this WAS put out by the University - fix it.....and fix the internal issues that keep leading to this.
Last edited by HelenaCat95 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.