2016 MSU Recruiting - 37 (13 Full/3 Part./12 PWO/9 Tranfers)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 20 (13 Full/3 Part./1 PWO/3 Tranfe

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:25 am

So did Kassis flip or we still waiting on the pterodactyl to arrive?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:33 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:So did Kassis flip or we still waiting on the pterodactyl to arrive?
Still waiting on Kassis and his fax. You guys do realize usually the faxing process lasts until like 2:00 right? The last few years we were getting faxes after 1:00.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:36 am

VimSince03 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:So did Kassis flip or we still waiting on the pterodactyl to arrive?
Still waiting on Kassis and his fax. You guys do realize usually the faxing process lasts until like 2:00 right? The last few years we were getting faxes after 1:00.
Probably doing it at his school at a lunch ceremony or something like that. You guys are painful to watch sometimes. But I'm kinda enjoying it in a sick kinda way. :wink:

We still have three outstanding of our 32 verbals. How many players can you have on a team?

Go Dark Brandon!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:40 am

grizgirl wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Probably doing it at his school at a lunch ceremony or something like that. You guys are painful to watch sometimes. But I'm kinda enjoying it in a sick kinda way. :wink:

We still have three outstanding of our 32 verbals. How many players can you have on a team?
Bobcat fans waiting on faxes like...

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

hartofacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hartofacat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:44 am

“I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.”-John Steinbeck

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:46 am

grizgirl wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

32 verbals?! Only 63 full scholarships on a team, and I think you guys are down 4, so that's 59. Either a lot of attrition or a lot of walkons. Obviously some will be partials, but it's rare to see a class that size because there typically aren't enough spots available.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:56 am

bobcat99 wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

32 verbals?! Only 63 full scholarships on a team, and I think you guys are down 4, so that's 59. Either a lot of attrition or a lot of walkons. Obviously some will be partials, but it's rare to see a class that size because there typically aren't enough spots available.
They said there was going to be major overhauls this offseason for the Griz. Stitt & Co. will be letting a lot of guys go this spring (or maybe already have)...including scholarship players on the team.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:16 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

They said there was going to be major overhauls this offseason for the Griz. Stitt & Co. will be letting a lot of guys go this spring (or maybe already have)...including scholarship players on the team.
Yup. Major house-cleaning.

The Cat's house-cleaning will be a year from now.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:21 pm

grizpack wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I doubt Choate is going to run off people like Stitt is. He can work more easily with current players with his philosophy. Stitt's is so different he really needs certain guys to make it work.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NorthernPlains » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:55 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
grizpack wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
grizgirl wrote:Probably doing it at his school at a lunch ceremony or something like that. You guys are painful to watch sometimes. But I'm kinda enjoying it in a sick kinda way. :wink:

I doubt Choate is going to run off people like Stitt is. He can work more easily with current players with his philosophy. Stitt's is so different he really needs certain guys to make it work.
Blitz, maybe you haven't seen the cats play lately. I'd guess the new coach will can half of the current defensive roster. Maybe even 3/4th of it.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:56 pm

I really wonder if there is a dramatic drop off in results on the field this next year or the next. They're going to have an extremely young team if they have a recruiting class this large.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 pm

NorthernPlains wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
grizpack wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
grizgirl wrote:Probably doing it at his school at a lunch ceremony or something like that. You guys are painful to watch sometimes. But I'm kinda enjoying it in a sick kinda way. :wink:

Blitz, maybe you haven't seen the cats play lately. I'd guess the new coach will can half of the current defensive roster. Maybe even 3/4th of it.
He won't. But I'll take a wager if you want.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:04 pm

:wink: 2016 MSU recruiting.

msufaithful
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msufaithful » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:29 pm

The recruits do not have to FAX their LOI they can take a picture of it with their phone, and send it to the recruiting coordinator or Coach Beck. 8) 8)

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:30 pm

NorthernPlains wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
grizpack wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

half of the current defensive roster were freshman and sophs, growing pains were expected. There is some talent on D, the cupboard is not bare.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Choate's first recruiting class flush with in-state products
http://skylinesportsmt.com/choates-firs ... -products/

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Choate's first recruiting class flush with in-state products
http://skylinesportsmt.com/choates-firs ... -products/
Great Stuff! If you haven't, make sure to subscribe so you can read. =D^

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:42 pm

In addition to skyline sports, I also recommend the qbc. Just finished up meeting with choate and assistants and I am fired up. Lots of great quotes from choate, the dude is intense and it's clear that he gets it. I had goosebumps numerous times listening to him tonight.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Okay Mr. Millionaire. ;)

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:51 pm

msufaithful wrote:The recruits do not have to FAX their LOI they can take a picture of it with their phone, and send it to the recruiting coordinator or Coach Beck. 8) 8)
Where the heck does a high school senior even find access to a fax? I'm 40 and I haven't used a fax in probably 10 years.