2016 MSU Recruiting - 37 (13 Full/3 Part./12 PWO/9 Tranfers)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 21 (13 Full/3 Part./2 PWO/3 Tranfe

Post by PapaG » Sat May 14, 2016 7:08 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
iaafan wrote:This isn't a knock on UM's class in any way, but if anyone (HERO sport?) is concluding UM has one of the top recruiting classes in the nation then they would have to conclude the same about MSU. MSU has potentially six players (Hale, Bruggman, Walker, Neale, Carroll, Hayashi) that will come in and have an immediate impact, which is about as many as UM (McKee, Homan, Hovey, Strong, Davidson, Banks, Phillips). Five of the MSU transfers are virtual locks to start and I don't think UM can say the same. I would say MSU rang the bell with 12 of its incoming freshmen, while UM can say the same about 11 of their freshmen. Obviously we'll only know after a few years on the freshmen.
Much like ranking NFL draft classes, it is all null until three years down the road.
The way Bill Fitz is going at least 40 of this year's out of state invasion will have moved on yet again.
Last edited by PapaG on Sat May 14, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 34 (13 Full/3 Part./11 PWO/7 Tranf

Post by Bobcat Jim » Sat May 14, 2016 7:36 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:Just heard from Glendive that Dawson Co. HS product, Jarod Asche will be red shirting with the team this fall. (6'8" 240 lbs. OT and DE. Basketball.) Badlands Bowl Alternate. Coach Choate announced it at the Bobcat Club luncheon Tuesday.
Quote:
"Choate is a pretty optimistic guy but he acknowledged that we are week on the defensive line so will improvise with what they have using 3 down and maybe shifting players around. New defensive Coordinator is used to 4 down so is adapting, and quite well according to coach. Tuesday, he announced that Jarod Asche was going to redshirt. He and his parents and sister were at the Gusthauf along with 15 or more Bobcat club members and fans. The Mayor and I and others really got to visit with him and Coach Fish."

HUGE Addition to our DL or even OL, nice to see he is starting out at 240, great frame, reminds me of Big John, close to the same size when John came in. Love to see Big guys who can move, rare combe, another great in state pick up. Welcome to Bobcat Country. Can't wait for the season to start
I've seen Jared play a lot the last 3 years. He is no way near what Big John was coming out of high school. He has to really dedicate himself, especially in the weight room. Hopefully we will see some good results a couple years down the road.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 am

Bobcat Jim wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:Just heard from Glendive that Dawson Co. HS product, Jarod Asche will be red shirting with the team this fall. (6'8" 240 lbs. OT and DE. Basketball.) Badlands Bowl Alternate. Coach Choate announced it at the Bobcat Club luncheon Tuesday.
Quote:
"Choate is a pretty optimistic guy but he acknowledged that we are week on the defensive line so will improvise with what they have using 3 down and maybe shifting players around. New defensive Coordinator is used to 4 down so is adapting, and quite well according to coach. Tuesday, he announced that Jarod Asche was going to redshirt. He and his parents and sister were at the Gusthauf along with 15 or more Bobcat club members and fans. The Mayor and I and others really got to visit with him and Coach Fish."

HUGE Addition to our DL or even OL, nice to see he is starting out at 240, great frame, reminds me of Big John, close to the same size when John came in. Love to see Big guys who can move, rare combe, another great in state pick up. Welcome to Bobcat Country. Can't wait for the season to start
I've seen Jared play a lot the last 3 years. He is no way near what Big John was coming out of high school. He has to really dedicate himself, especially in the weight room. Hopefully we will see some good results a couple years down the road.
Agreed. And like I said, he is a more fundamentally sound basketball player than football player. I'm interested to see what their plan is with him. I wouldn't hope for any production before his junior season which is fine because he is a PWO. He is a basketball player still learning how to play football so it will take some patience.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Tue May 17, 2016 11:37 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
Quote:

Agreed. And like I said, he is a more fundamentally sound basketball player than football player. I'm interested to see what their plan is with him. I wouldn't hope for any production before his junior season which is fine because he is a PWO. He is a basketball player still learning how to play football so it will take some patience.
Kinda like Schrebeis. Hopefully. His projected position will likely depend on his 40 time. Looks like a TE to me but we'll see next spring.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:55 am

Walk-on wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
Quote:

Kinda like Schrebeis. Hopefully. His projected position will likely depend on his 40 time. Looks like a TE to me but we'll see next spring.
I wouldn't say Jarod is comparable to Caleb Schrebies mostly because Caleb was a much better athlete in high school and was about 5-6 inches shorter. Again, what you are getting with Jarod is a kid who has a basketball skill set and really doesn't know what he is doing in terms of football. He is a project. I agree with you Walk-on. I think TE would be his best position because you can really take advantage of his basketball ability. Regardless, Jarod will have to transform himself physically in the next few years to have a shot at any position.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Tue May 17, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Tue May 17, 2016 2:51 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't say Jarod is comparable to Caleb Schrebies mostly because Caleb was a much better athlete in high school and was about 5-6 feet shorter. Again, what you are getting with Jarod is a kid who has a basketball skill set and really doesn't know what he is doing in terms of football. He is a project. I agree with you Walk-on. I think TE would be his best position because you can really take advantage of his basketball ability. Regardless, Jarod will have to transform himself physically in the next few years to have a shot at any position.
Wow, that's short! :shock:

:lol:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:56 pm

catbooster wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't say Jarod is comparable to Caleb Schrebies mostly because Caleb was a much better athlete in high school and was about 5-6 feet shorter. Again, what you are getting with Jarod is a kid who has a basketball skill set and really doesn't know what he is doing in terms of football. He is a project. I agree with you Walk-on. I think TE would be his best position because you can really take advantage of his basketball ability. Regardless, Jarod will have to transform himself physically in the next few years to have a shot at any position.
Wow, that's short! :shock:

:lol:
Changed it! But yes that would put Caleb at 1-2 feet out of high school. Quite the growth spurt.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu May 19, 2016 9:57 am

Nice to see Hadley win the Midland Round Table Athlete of the Year here in Billings

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high- ... 459c8.html

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:04 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:Nice to see Hadley win the Midland Round Table Athlete of the Year here in Billings

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high- ... 459c8.html
How about some highlights!

[hudl_video][/hudl_video]

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:04 am

https://twitter.com/tdeepfc/status/736410457460772867 https://twitter.com/JUCOFFrenzy/status/736487408506658816

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:23 pm

I'm trying to figure this out...both brothers were HS seniors in 2011, so how are they still eligible? Must've taken time off, right?

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Sun May 29, 2016 6:18 am

bobcat99 wrote:I'm trying to figure this out...both brothers were HS seniors in 2011, so how are they still eligible? Must've taken time off, right?
They may have been on Mormon missions.......?

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 34 (13 Full/3 Part./12 PWO/6 Tranf

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:35 am

https://twitter.com/CoachChoate_MSU/status/740233610901348352

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 am

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/CoachChoate_MSU/status/740233610901348352
McCarthy bros?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:44 am

RobertCats wrote:
McCarthy bros?
Its the McCarthy brothers. They served on military duty so that is why they are a bit older. Our linebacker depth/starting spots just got a whole lot more competitive!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4325489/jakob-mccarthy
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4197236/lukas-mccarthy

Welcome aboard boys!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

Tough and nasty with 10.9 and 10.8 100 times. =D^

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:55 am

Welcome to the MSU Family McCarthy x2!!!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:07 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
McCarthy bros?
Its the McCarthy brothers. They served on military duty so that is why they are a bit older. Our linebacker depth/starting spots just got a whole lot more competitive!

Welcome aboard boys!
Sweet! welcome!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:30 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
McCarthy bros?

Welcome aboard boys!
Are they twins?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:02 pm

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/740252807983304704