2016 MSU Recruiting - 37 (13 Full/3 Part./12 PWO/9 Tranfers)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 21 (13 Full/3 Part./2 PWO/3 Tranfe

Post by MSU Toddler » Fri May 06, 2016 8:37 am

Hawks86 wrote:I'ts WTF Friday. Why is Bob Titt following Damien Washington? https://twitter.com/_Dwash11/followers
It's pronounced "Bob's Titts"...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:47 am

MSU Toddler wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:I'ts WTF Friday. Why is Bob Titt following Damien Washington? https://twitter.com/_Dwash11/followers
I would appreciate the opportunity to put right my wrongs and prove to you that I have learned from my mistake. :D :D :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Fri May 06, 2016 8:54 am

Hawks86 wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
I would appreciate the opportunity to put right my wrongs and prove to you that I have learned from my mistake. :D :D :lol:
No problem. It's just an enunciation thing that not everyone is familiar with - yet. Carry on. =D^

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:00 am

Noticed that a week ago. I also have noticed Damien doesn't follow back. Why would Bob want any of our commits over his "best class ever every year" commits? HERO Sports didn't say anything about our class so really did we even have one? :roll:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:05 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Noticed that a week ago. I also have noticed Damien doesn't follow back. Why would Bob want any of our commits over his "best class ever every year" commits? HERO Sports didn't say anything about our class so really did we even have one? :roll:
He's going to have damn near 50 new guys this fall. Maybe he is just confused about who they are?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 06, 2016 11:14 am

This isn't a knock on UM's class in any way, but if anyone (HERO sport?) is concluding UM has one of the top recruiting classes in the nation then they would have to conclude the same about MSU. MSU has potentially six players (Hale, Bruggman, Walker, Neale, Carroll, Hayashi) that will come in and have an immediate impact, which is about as many as UM (McKee, Homan, Hovey, Strong, Davidson, Banks, Phillips). Five of the MSU transfers are virtual locks to start and I don't think UM can say the same. I would say MSU rang the bell with 12 of its incoming freshmen, while UM can say the same about 11 of their freshmen. Obviously we'll only know after a few years on the freshmen.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:17 am

iaafan wrote:This isn't a knock on UM's class in any way, but if anyone (HERO sport?) is concluding UM has one of the top recruiting classes in the nation then they would have to conclude the same about MSU. MSU has potentially six players (Hale, Bruggman, Walker, Neale, Carroll, Hayashi) that will come in and have an immediate impact, which is about as many as UM (McKee, Homan, Hovey, Strong, Davidson, Banks, Phillips). Five of the MSU transfers are virtual locks to start and I don't think UM can say the same. I would say MSU rang the bell with 12 of its incoming freshmen, while UM can say the same about 11 of their freshmen. Obviously we'll only know after a few years on the freshmen.
Much like ranking NFL draft classes, it is all null until three years down the road.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:06 pm

iaafan wrote:This isn't a knock on UM's class in any way, but if anyone (HERO sport?) is concluding UM has one of the top recruiting classes in the nation then they would have to conclude the same about MSU. MSU has potentially six players (Hale, Bruggman, Walker, Neale, Carroll, Hayashi) that will come in and have an immediate impact, which is about as many as UM (McKee, Homan, Hovey, Strong, Davidson, Banks, Phillips). Five of the MSU transfers are virtual locks to start and I don't think UM can say the same. I would say MSU rang the bell with 12 of its incoming freshmen, while UM can say the same about 11 of their freshmen. Obviously we'll only know after a few years on the freshmen.
Not that stars matter, but UM had 35 players with 32 stars, MSU had 27 players with 30. Pretty even in that regard, too. I think MSU's in state class had another 4-5 star-rated players if they'd been from Washington, California, Texas, or Arizona.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:27 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
No problem. It's just an enunciation thing that not everyone is familiar with - yet. Carry on. =D^
His name Robert Paulson....

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
He's going to have damn near 50 new guys this fall. Maybe he is just confused about who they are?
They've gotta be close to their max they can take every year, or past it.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon May 09, 2016 8:12 am

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 33 (12 Full/3 Part./11 PWO/7 Tranf

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Updated the front page finally!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue May 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Looks like you left off Tucker. Please tell me he didn't "bail."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:41 pm

iaafan wrote:Looks like you left off Tucker. Please tell me he didn't "bail."
Whoops. Back on there now.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
They've gotta be close to their max they can take every year, or past it.
You can add 35 players each class, but walk-ons don't count and transfers are added to the class they are in.
The key number is 90 (last I checked) the amount of rostered players in the fall.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 34 (13 Full/3 Part./11 PWO/7 Tranf

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:52 am

It's 94 at the start of fall. You can add more after school starts. I think we had 104 just because that is how many lockers we have. um is at 107 right now.

BTW Colter has a great article on recruiting. http://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-recr ... ew-regime/

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Fri May 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Just heard from Glendive that Dawson Co. HS product, Jarod Asche will be red shirting with the team this fall. (6'8" 240 lbs. OT and DE. Basketball.) Badlands Bowl Alternate. Coach Choate announced it at the Bobcat Club luncheon Tuesday.
Quote:
"Choate is a pretty optimistic guy but he acknowledged that we are week on the defensive line so will improvise with what they have using 3 down and maybe shifting players around. New defensive Coordinator is used to 4 down so is adapting, and quite well according to coach. Tuesday, he announced that Jarod Asche was going to redshirt. He and his parents and sister were at the Gusthauf along with 15 or more Bobcat club members and fans. The Mayor and I and others really got to visit with him and Coach Fish."

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 MSU Recruiting - 35 (13 Full/3 Part./12 PWO/7 Tranf

Post by VimSince03 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Walk-on wrote:Just heard from Glendive that Dawson Co. HS product, Jarod Asche will be red shirting with the team this fall. (6'8" 240 lbs. OT and DE. Basketball.) Badlands Bowl Alternate. Coach Choate announced it at the Bobcat Club luncheon Tuesday.
Quote:
"Choate is a pretty optimistic guy but he acknowledged that we are week on the defensive line so will improvise with what they have using 3 down and maybe shifting players around. New defensive Coordinator is used to 4 down so is adapting, and quite well according to coach. Tuesday, he announced that Jarod Asche was going to redshirt. He and his parents and sister were at the Gusthauf along with 15 or more Bobcat club members and fans. The Mayor and I and others really got to visit with him and Coach Fish."
Missed this three days ago.
https://twitter.com/Jarod_Asche/status/730190556328927235 Jarod is pretty raw as a football player but don't let his size make you think he is slow and lumbering. He is a good tennis player and an excellent post player for the Red Devils as well. Has a lot of raw potential as a defensive end or an offensive tackle. He will need to hit the weights but that is what college weight training programs are for. Welcome aboard Jarod!

Photo credit to Billings Gazette

Here is a video of him playing basketball in 2015. He has put on more weight since his junior season.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:29 pm

Walk-on wrote:Just heard from Glendive that Dawson Co. HS product, Jarod Asche will be red shirting with the team this fall. (6'8" 240 lbs. OT and DE. Basketball.) Badlands Bowl Alternate. Coach Choate announced it at the Bobcat Club luncheon Tuesday.
Quote:

HUGE Addition to our DL or even OL, nice to see he is starting out at 240, great frame, reminds me of Big John, close to the same size when John came in. Love to see Big guys who can move, rare combe, another great in state pick up. Welcome to Bobcat Country. Can't wait for the season to start

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:34 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Quote:

HUGE Addition to our DL or even OL, nice to see he is starting out at 240, great frame, reminds me of Big John, close to the same size when John came in. Love to see Big guys who can move, rare combe, another great in state pick up. Welcome to Bobcat Country. Can't wait for the season to start
Is he another preferred walk-on?