Excited about Hoops

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Excited about Hoops

Post by aucat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:58 pm

I've been out to see the Lady Cats and I'm very excited about this team--looks like the men are coming around
too. I have to say that it is a kick to see Hall of Famer and "Dream Teamer" John Stockton as asst. coach.
I'm going to go to the hoops games and let this coaching stuff rest. When we have a new coach, I'll be back. Time to put football
in the rear view mirror and enjoy roundball. When we get a new football coach I will be excited about the future.

And by the way, LSU looks like they are trying to show Les Miles the door and look at that guy's won-loss record. It's all
about what have you done for me lately isn't it? Sorry it has come to that but that's the nature of college football in
the modern era. Go Cats. Headed to go root for the Lady Cats tonight.

msu_agfan

Re: Excited about Hoops

Post by msu_agfan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Coach Fish has the Men's Basketball team ramped up too! Beating two Mountain West teams in three days, not too shabby. It sure is nice to just sit and watch a new team develop and play hard.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:21 pm

:arrow:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:01 pm

aucat wrote:I've been out to see the Lady Cats and I'm very excited about this team--looks like the men are coming around
too. I have to say that it is a kick to see Hall of Famer and "Dream Teamer" John Stockton as asst. coach.
I'm going to go to the hoops games and let this coaching stuff rest. When we have a new coach, I'll be back. Time to put football
in the rear view mirror and enjoy roundball. When we get a new football coach I will be excited about the future.

And by the way, LSU looks like they are trying to show Les Miles the door and look at that guy's won-loss record. It's all
about what have you done for me lately isn't it? Sorry it has come to that but that's the nature of college football in
Aucat I'm really surprised (and happy) you stillgo to WBB games considering the PATHETIC record of Coach Binford. In the last few years attendance has gone down the toilet along with her record yet Cruzado not only retains her but gives her huge raises, quite the difference in how Ash was treated after ONE losing season??????? Do I smell a discrimination suit in the future??? Just wondering...

aucat

Post by aucat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:47 pm

desmond1957 wrote:
aucat wrote:I've been out to see the Lady Cats and I'm very excited about this team--looks like the men are coming around

Aucat I'm really surprised (and happy) you stillgo to WBB games considering the PATHETIC record of Coach Binford. In the last few years attendance has gone down the toilet along with her record yet Cruzado not only retains her but gives her huge raises, quite the difference in how Ash was treated after ONE losing season??????? Do I smell a discrimination suit in the future??? Just wondering...
Desmond 57, you may be surprised that I ALMOST agree with you. Last year when the Lady Griz came to Bozeman I truly felt that if Binford's team had gone out and laid an egg and been blown out, that I'm not sure she would've kept her job. As you say her record was slipping. However, the Lady Cats prevailed in rather convincing fashion before a good crowd.
I was there....were you??? And you know what, I felt the same way about Coach Ash. If MSU had prevailed against UM in Bobcat stadium last Saturday, I am absolutely convinced that Ash would've kept his job. Actually, if MSU had played really well on both sides of the ball and lost in a really night contest, I'm not certain that the momentum would've been there to fire Ash. But if you were at the game you may have noticed that more than a few Bobcat fans left at halftime. It was 37-14. Now, let's get back to Binford. Have you been out to see them play yet this year? If not, you should check them out. The San Diego game was their first loss, but it was tied at 49 with a few minutes to go. SD is 4-0 with a win over the University of Arizona from the PAC 12. I'm no coach but this in my opinion this year's team is the best she has put on the court since she arrived. They are quick, push the ball up and down the court, and a big improvement from past teams, they really get on the boards. Yes, the season has just started, but it could be an interesting season. If the Lady Cats had a season this year similar to the one that Ash just had, and sank toward the bottom of the league, I would share your concern. Come out to see them.

A-Frame
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by A-Frame » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:55 pm

desmond1957 wrote:

http://www.bobcatnation.com/node/807

Lots of useful information in this article for you. (If you'd like to actually know what you're talking about.)

GO CATS!

aucat

Post by aucat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Yes, I recall that. I did have a problem with the big pay raise.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Excited about Hoops

Post by 77matcat » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm not quite excited but would say both the men's and woman's first couple of weeks has reignited my interest. Think we'll traverse the winter roads at least once to catch a game.

Do the women and men play any double headers???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk