All conference teams named

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: All conference teams named

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:38 pm

BDizzle wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
kcatz wrote:How the heck does Daniel shankapotums Sullivan beat Daly???
No idea.
Sullivan was 19-24 on FGs this year. 4-4 in the cat/Griz game. Led the league in made FGs.
I believe Daly was 8-9.

Guessing that is the reason why.
I can't believe you still post on this site. I thought I ran you out of town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:42 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
No idea.
Sullivan was 19-24 on FGs this year. 4-4 in the cat/Griz game. Led the league in made FGs.
I believe Daly was 8-9.

Haha. I hadn't been on in awhile but once Ash got let go I got interested. Good to see nothing has changed. Hope Sidney is treating you well.

GO GRIZ!

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

All conference teams named

Post by Lovethecats75 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:51 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
CPACAT wrote:How did Weidenauer make first team?

How about instead of saying that, you just say congrats.
My thought exactly. Why any Bobcat fan would question why he got it is beyond me and pisses me off.

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Daly didn't get to attempt many field goals because we were to busy going for it on 4th down instead of taking points. Just not enough opportunities especially since we knew he could boot them in.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:29 pm

BDizzle wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
No idea.
I believe Daly was 8-9.

Haha. I hadn't been on in awhile but once Ash got let go I got interested. Good to see nothing has changed. Hope Sidney is treating you well.
Haha nothing ever changes. It's an interesting time to be a Bobcat.

Sidney is always good. Hope Billings is treating you well

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:43 am

I thought Sandland did a great job this year. We underused him, IMO, but he had a great game against the griz and showed what is possible when you get some athletes on your team. Congrats to Beau! =D^

Cats_Win_Again
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cats_Win_Again » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:09 am

Griebel led Montana State in receptions both last year AND by double digits this year...He was 8th in the Big Sky in receptions...Started every game for 2 years.. He caught multiple passes in every game those past two seasons....Mitch was 4th on the team in all-purpose yards.....Held reliably for XP/FG....caught Punts....returned K.O.'s....covered Punts....executed Cramsey's "element" play passes.....was the Cats most effective blocking WR.....He was Dakota's "go to" guy to move the chains...

He was honorable mention LAST year.....had a better season in 2015.... which logically should supersede the lower conference finish for representation accordingly.... BUT ...... he is on NO All-BSC lists in this -----> his SENIOR year.....

Interestingly, Ash didn't participate in the conference call meeting....Marshall did.....(fact)..... :-k

Statistically he is not a 1st teamer...but it's very disappointing that Ash/Marshall would let him go out this way....

Mitch was a damn good Bobcat.

Congrats to all the players that DID make it..... great honor in a super tough league.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 am

Cats_Win_Again wrote:Griebel led Montana State in receptions both last year AND by double digits this year...He was 8th in the Big Sky in receptions...Started every game for 2 years.. He caught multiple passes in every game those past two seasons....Mitch was 4th on the team in all-purpose yards.....Held reliably for XP/FG....caught Punts....returned K.O.'s....covered Punts....executed Cramsey's "element" play passes.....was the Cats most effective blocking WR.....He was Dakota's "go to" guy to move the chains...

He was honorable mention LAST year.....had a better season in 2015.... which logically should supersede the lower conference finish for representation accordingly.... BUT ...... he is on NO All-BSC lists in this -----> his SENIOR year.....

Interestingly, Ash didn't participate in the conference call meeting....Marshall did.....(fact)..... :-k

Statistically he is not a 1st teamer...but it's very disappointing that Ash/Marshall would let him go out this way....

Congrats to all the players that DID make it..... great honor in a super tough league.
I agree with you. I think the Cats record hurt some guys and kept them off lists. However, Mitch should be on there somewhere.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:44 am

Cats_Win_Again wrote:Griebel led Montana State in receptions both last year AND by double digits this year...He was 8th in the Big Sky in receptions...Started every game for 2 years.. He caught multiple passes in every game those past two seasons....Mitch was 4th on the team in all-purpose yards.....Held reliably for XP/FG....caught Punts....returned K.O.'s....covered Punts....executed Cramsey's "element" play passes.....was the Cats most effective blocking WR.....He was Dakota's "go to" guy to move the chains...

That is sad for Mitch...what was a worse slight by Coach Ash was not putting Bleskin IN during the 4th quarter against the griz. He was a senior who was always a team player. Led the Cats very well when Prukop was down. Had 1 bad game, and yet, with his loyalty to the program and the coaches to stay on for this final year even upon graduation, he still was not put in when the outcome of the game was LONG decided! A Shame for him, and shame on Ash for not doing the 'right' thing for his player! :twisted:

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:50 am

mslacatfan wrote:I am not saying Chad Newell deserves to be higher (statistically, probably not)... BUT, there are not many running backs in this league (or the FCS) that I would rather have on my team! He is definitely talented, but he brings SO much more to the team than just stats- Motivator, leads by example, plays ever snap at 150%, great student athlete, etc.

This guy will go down as one of my all time favorite Bobcats.
And the last 3 games, he played with broken ribs. Most of us can hardly take a breath with broken ribs, this guy goes and plays physical tackle football for 3 games. He's a hell of a lot tougher than me.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:13 am

Wow, I can believe that. I didn't understand why he was so underutilized over the course of that stretch, but suspected that it might be because he was injured. I am amazed that he was able to play with broken ribs.

He cemented his status as one of my all time favorites last year at Cat griz when he refused to quit even in the worst game I have ever seen. That guy never ceases to amaze me.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:24 am

DriscollCat wrote:Wow, I can believe that. I didn't understand why he was so underutilized over the course of that stretch, but suspected that it might be because he was injured. I am amazed that he was able to play with broken ribs.

He cemented his status as one of my all time favorites last year at Cat griz when he refused to quit even in the worst game I have ever seen. That guy never ceases to amaze me.
Yeah, I didn't think it prudent to broadcast that information during the season for obvious reasons.

He's a true champion and hopefully the younger players see that and strive to be more like him.