Bobcatnation Activity

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MeerKat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Bobcatnation Activity

Post by MeerKat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

This is the most activity I've seen on the Nation in 3 years. When McGhee was here and we were winning Championships this place was buzzing day and night. The last 3 years things seemed to have slowed down. I think this directly coincides with the momentum of the program. The momentum is fading and something needed to be done to bring back the momentum. Sometimes change is necessary. Look how many conversations, threads, and arguments have transpired since noon yesterday. I try to be a glass half full type of guy but this season was really trying on me and I became really negative and a little bitter. I don't know who the next coach is going to be and maybe they'll be terrible but I believe the program is at a crossing point. Fans will only come watch mediocre and average for so long and unfortunately for Ash I believe we're at that point. A new coach will energize the fan base just like it has done for the Nation the last 2 days. People will give a new coach a little time to get his system and his players. But if in 4 years he hasn't produced we'll be having this same conversation. Here's to this working out and the program taking that all important next step!

SonomaCat

Re: Bobcatnation Activity

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:19 pm

MeerKat wrote:This is the most activity I've seen on the Nation in 3 years. When McGhee was here and we were winning Championships this place was buzzing day and night. The last 3 years things seemed to have slowed down.
I don't think activity on this site has actually slowed down over the last 3 years.

MeerKat

Post by MeerKat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:22 pm

You'd know as a moderator but from an outsiders perspective I didn't notice the amount of topics or near the amount of fans posting.

I know I was one of them that cut down on my posts the last couple years.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:53 pm

MeerKat wrote:This is the most activity I've seen on the Nation in 3 years. When McGhee was here and we were winning Championships this place was buzzing day and night. The last 3 years things seemed to have slowed down. I think this directly coincides with the momentum of the program. The momentum is fading and something needed to be done to bring back the momentum. Sometimes change is necessary. Look how many conversations, threads, and arguments have transpired since noon yesterday. I try to be a glass half full type of guy but this season was really trying on me and I became really negative and a little bitter. I don't know who the next coach is going to be and maybe they'll be terrible but I believe the program is at a crossing point. Fans will only come watch mediocre and average for so long and unfortunately for Ash I believe we're at that point. A new coach will energize the fan base just like it has done for the Nation the last 2 days. People will give a new coach a little time to get his system and his players. But if in 4 years he hasn't produced we'll be having this same conversation. Here's to this working out and the program taking that all important next step!
I think a large part of it is a result of Colter's articles. All the information you need is right in there now (Deep coverage). There is no other side discussions on people asking questions/inside stories to get information. A few buddies of mine were talking about this at the beginning of the season. A lot of those type threads would morph into other threads etc. etc.

grizband

Post by grizband » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:42 am

Most users ever online was yesterday afternoon...